• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What are your thoughts on Black Orchid, L'Incandescent? It was next to the VB bottle and my wife said she really thought it nice.

"Sensual" was the exact word. :embar:

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

What are your thoughts on Black Orchid, L'Incandescent? It was next to the VB bottle and my wife said she really thought it nice.
"Sensual" was the exact word. :embar:

Black Orchid is a sentimental favorite of mine because my twin brother bought it for me as a birthday present just as I was starting my career in academia.

I think "sensual" is a great word to describe it. I like it a lot, but I find it unwearable in warmer weather. It's very dense and syrupy, and a little definitely goes a long way. There are endless debates on Basenotes about whether men can wear this or not. My sense is that it leans feminine, but it's perfectly wearable by men. (If you're wearing VB, you can definitely wear BO!)
Of the TF Signature Series fragrances, I like Violet Blonde the best, and probably White Patchouli second best. Black Orchid and TF Extreme are probably tied for third. (Grey Vetiver comes in last, but that's largely because I don't like fragrances in which vetiver is front and center.)

b1os

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think I'll try BO tomorrow. What's the general outline -- day or evening? Cold or warm weather//sunny or overcast?

Last edited:

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I think I'll try BO tomorrow. What's the general outline -- day or evening? Cold or warm weather//sunny or overcast?

I'd say definitely cool and more of an evening than a daytime scent.

b1os

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'd say definitely cool and more of an evening than a daytime scent.

Thanks. I figured as much (but wasn't sure whether I remembered it correctly). Guess it'll have to wait a couple days then. ;)
So how do you like it in general?

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

And on those days it's important to have such a smell available. Yesterday I wore Harissa which is one of those "have to be in a mood for it" scents but thank God I have it or else I'd have to wear, you know, one of the other hundred scents I've got that just wouldn't match. :rolleyes:

Yes, this! EXACTLY.

Well, I'd still have Sycomore which fills largely the same niche in terms of dry flinty scents. Actually, I don't think I'd have worn TdH at all, ever again, were it not for Sycomore. Odd how that worked.

raalltheway

Reaction score
I still love my ted baker extreme. I know its really old now but i still get that "oh you smell really good" from girls which is all i need really
fing02[1].gif

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Cold, misty weather - **** this I'm wearing wool pants and corduroy jacket. And Sycomore.

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
MPG Secrete Datura. I've liked this one since I first tried it, but I'm liking it even more than usual today. Maybe I'm just in a good mood or something.

Britalian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for recs for a sexy-as-**** hot n' humid weather scent.

Suggests please?

Last edited:

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Going to be wearing Creed Virgin Island Water today. Might be a good fit for what you're looking for ^^

TheDarkKnight

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Creed Neroli Sauvage, really like this so far, today being the first day I tried it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics