1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 10: A full set of Aesop's Fables pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 10th auction of the year is for a full set of Aesop's Fable's pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Dmax, Aug 22, 2007.

1. fungz0r

fungz0r Senior Member

Kilian Cruel Intentions today. Found a local store with Cire Trudon, and also got my tax refund....

2. HORNS

HORNS Stylish Dinosaur

Yesterday wore old fashioned Tabac aftershave and then in the evening put on Habit Rouge.

3. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Stylish Dinosaur

Pre-shower: Voyage d'Hermes edt. As much as I like this, I still find that I underestimate it. Until I wear it again and realize how good it is.
    SOTD: Chanel No. 5 (edt). It's probably been a year or so since I've worn this. Fully deserves its status as a classic.

4. HORNS

HORNS Stylish Dinosaur

Voyage d'Hermes EdT for me too. It just wore off about 40 minutes ago and so I sprayed on some of the perfume.:cheers:

5. L'Incandescent

I finally got a chance to try the VdH parfum at Neiman. I thought it did a good job of maintaining what I like from the edt. I've got plenty of edt left, so I won't be buying the parfum, but still, I satisfied my curiosity about it.

6. tps16

tps16 Senior Member

:fistbump:
    Today, Habit Rouge

7. robinsongreen68

robinsongreen68 Distinguished Member

Fat Electrician yesterday. Raw, metallic vetiver with a distinct herbal bitterness that i think comes from the myrrh. It's balanced by a powdery vanilla that becomes increasingly prominent in the drydown. Really like this one.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2012

8. HORNS

HORNS Stylish Dinosaur

I bought a 4ml bottle of Must de Cartier Parfum a few days ago (fingers crossed).

9. L'Incandescent

^^ Hope you like it! At very least it'll be interesting and fun to have in your collection, I'm pretty sure.

Prada Infusion de Rose for me today. :)

10. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Distinguished Member

hmmmm stinkers! lol. I'm looking forward to wearing Pamplelune this summer since I haven't yet. Anyone think the juice is different because of the new packaging?
    Just got a bottle of MKK myself actually since I'm going through a bit of a stinky musky phase right now. It's not as crazy as everyone says and the drydown is just amazing. I think the trick with this one is not to spray too much

anyone (Rach?), I was just at Guerlain and the Jicky EdP versus Extrait/Parfum... one's like $150, the other is like $300+... is the parfum that much better? or how is it different.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2012

11. L'Incandescent

I know I sound like a broken record on this one, so sorry in advance, but man, Pamplelune smells quite similar to the urine of a cat. I know this very well because I have a cat and sometimes the urine comes out of her body and into the outside world. (It's nothing to worry about; it's a natural process called urination. All cats do it.)

The Infusion de Rose disappeared, so I sprayed on some MPG George Sand. It's been a little while since I've worn it. Man oh man, that stuff is good!

12. tps16

tps16 Senior Member

13. b1os

b1os Distinguished Member

Really? I didn't get stink at all. It was just boring (without any rough notes) to me. Maybe I had a cold that day or so.
    Didn't find my Tabac Blond the other day, so I wore Dzing! the last two days as my SotD and SotN. It's great, but nothing I can wear too often. Also better for overcast/cold-ish days or evenings.

I'll apply some VdH (edt) now.

14. HORNS

HORNS Stylish Dinosaur

There's a gazillion and one eucalyptus trees here in the Bay Area and every time I drive past more than say, three of them I get the most accurate smell of cat piss. Also there's some Sauvignon Blancs that have a faint smell of cat pee.

15. L'Incandescent

@b1os: grapefruit scents always run the risk of smelling like cat urine. But I think some people's noses are more sensitive to that than others. Lots of people with very good noses here enjoy Pamplelune a lot and don't get the cat urine note that I'm always going on about.

@HORNS: I'm not a wine connoisseur even a little bit, so I don't know: is the cat urine smell in Sauvignon Blancs widely acknowledged? I hope the smell is very faint!

I'm going with MPG George Sand again today. I hardly ever do that; it must be pent-up demand.