Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Dmax, Aug 22, 2007.

1. tps16

tps16 Senior member

Today, Cuir de Russie

2. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

Kolnisch Juchten for me today! :fistbump:

3. robinsongreen68

robinsongreen68 Senior member

guerlain's vetiver used to be my staple but these days i'm finding it a bit soapy, and sycomore turns too sweet on me. i want to try the cdg vetiver, the limited edition one (i've forgotten the name).. anyone have any experience?
    wearing le labo rose 33 today, i love the drydown but the floral note is a little too cloying for a daytime scent.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2012

4. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

All this vetiver talk I decided to wear Diptyque Vetyverio today - I really like this one and am trying to justify buying a bottle. It's got that dry, woodsy, and earthy vetiver in it with a floral and slightly fruity spackle holding it all together.

5. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

Chanel No. 18 today. Not at all what I was expecting. The top is very spicy. It settles into a fruity rose scent that sits very close to the skin. I don't think I'm a big fan.

6. b1os

b1os Senior member

SotD: L'Artisan - Dzing. Just very good. And very good longevity.

SotN1: Amouage - Beloved. Very floral and good at it.
    SotN2: Kilian - Prelude to Love. Citrus, a little iris, dry. I guess good for hot days.

I think I suffer from scent fatigué very quickly. If you, say, light a scented candle, do you smell it all the time when you're in the room? My nose adjusts very quickly. If I move out of the room for just 10-20 seconds, I smell the scent again. For a short time. A bit annoying unless the room stinks. :happy:

7. L'Incandescent

That's how I was at first too. Pretty soon you will be composing odes to Violet Blonde. I'm currently going through a similar process with Datura Blanche by Keiko Mecheri. At first I liked it but didn't love it, but now I'm head over heels.

Wow, you and I have completely different tastes! There are many words I'd use to describe Sycomore, but I don't think it would ever occur to me to call it too sweet! And my complaint with Rose 31 is that it's not nearly floral enough.

Dzing is such a wonderful scent! I'm nearing the end of my decant, and I'll definitely buy some more. Also like Prelude to Love quite a bit, especially in the summer. Haven't tried the Amouage Beloved.

8. b1os

b1os Senior member

It's very new. STC has it. Worth a sample. But it's very pricey. Like Kilian-pricey. BN says it's "white floral". What does it mean? White colored flowers?

About Violet Blonde, I liked it from the first wearing a lot. FWIW, you shold add a review at BN, L'Inc.

9. L'Incandescent

Yeah, it means white colored flowers like tuberose, jasmine, orange blossom, lily, etc. I think the term is generally used to suggest that the floral notes are heady and indolic.

10. b1os

b1os Senior member

Ok, that might be a good desciption for Beloved. Drydown gets a little smoky. How do you like L'Artisan's Thé Pour un Été?

11. Homme

Homme Senior member

Sycomore yesterday, and today. Easy to reach for when I don't want to think too much.

Cold and rain forecast for this week, finally some lutensesque weather :)

12. tps16

tps16 Senior member

Today, Mitsouko edp
    HORNS, Kolnisch Juchten sounds quite interesting. Do you find it more of a leather or an oriental?

13. green bastard

green bastard Senior member

At first I didn't like this one at all, but I tried it again some weeks later and was overwhelmed. The hay note is sublime, to say the least. And the longevity is excellent on me as well unlike most other L'Artisan Parfumeur scents.

Frederic Malle: En Passant
    Thanks to L'Inc for the recommendation, I like it a lot. Two female friends were fond of it too, but said it would not suit me. "Way too feminine", oh well.

14. rach2jlc

rach2jlc Prof. Fabulous Dubiously Honored

Long time no post. Busy work this month.

Today is Diorissimo extrait. The lily is still a soliflore, but indolic to the point of being nearly rancid. As such, of course I love it. I did a recent inventory and I've got nearly 60mls of extrait. I don't need that much. Stay tuned to the B&S forum.

Sniffed again the les Exclusifs no. 22 and I find it more like the old no. 22 EdC. I have the EdC, the (vintage) EdT, and unfortunately no longer have any left of my parfum. :( BUT, the EdC has the smallest amount of the incense/spicy vibe, and the EdC has the sweet, almost edible quality to it. The current Les Exclusifs calls itself an EdT, but it plays down the incense. As the concentrations increased, you got more and more of that deep, dark base. It's what made the scent amazing, but the lighter concentrations are still (as you said) without complaint.

Luckily, I still have 120mls of EdC and 50mls of EdT left, so I don't think I'll move to the Les Exclusifs anytime soon.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2012

15. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

With Sycomore, I'd recently heard from a contingent that - on them - it goes sweet and chewy and blooms uncontrollably on them. I thought that the strangest thing, but heard it from enough different people that I thought, well. ok. Same with Rose 31: on me it's dry spicy flinty rose-ish carrot juice. feh.

Yesterday - Polo Green and I had an older lady linger in my office for a while, telling me how nice I smelled. Man, that never happens.

Today, a sample of something new to me: PG Bois Blond. This is a sweet spicy-woody-hay, like Chergui but dialed back in the Morrocan Spice Market vibe. Might get a full bottle of this, it's quite good thus far.