• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

b1os

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Today Le Labo - Santal 33. No fan. Patchouli blast.
And Amouage - Salalah Green. Very nice. Drydown was very Hermès-y today, something like an oriental mix of Osmanthe Yunnan and Voyage d'H.

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

no rosey skin scent for me?

or maybe i was to specific ? :)

(tomorrow i ll stop by mall and ask clerk for his advice(which is usually a terrible idea)

b1os is right: Rose Ikebana sounds like a very good match. It's definitely not too feminine, it sits close to the skin, and it's not powdery.
Another one to try is Prada Infusion de Rose. I just tried this for the first time quite recently, but I think it also meets your criteria very well.
Rossy de Palma by Etat Libre d'Orange is also worth a try, though it might be harder for you to find in a store.
I imagine a lot of people would say Le Labo Rose 31. It's very popular among perfumistas. I have to say that I find it much more of a peppery and woody scent than a rose scent, but it's definitely quite masculine. It also has a bit more projection than the others I recommended.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I forgot one of my favorites: Diptyque Eau Rose.
Also agree completely with Thomas below about Dark Rose.

Last edited:

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

no rosey skin scent for me?

or maybe i was to specific ? :)

(tomorrow i ll stop by mall and ask clerk for his advice(which is usually a terrible idea)

Rose and me don't get along so well. Good luck, though.

Actually, the closest I come to rose is Chanel Egoiste. That's about it.

Hang on a moment, hit up Czech & Speake for their sample set, gratis (iirc). They do three rose scents: No. 88, Rose, and Dark Rose. Dark Rose is, IMHO, the best of the lot.

b1os

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hang on a moment, hit up Czech & Speake for their sample set, gratis (iirc). They do three rose scents: No. 88, Rose, and Dark Rose. Dark Rose is, IMHO, the best of the lot.

Thanks for the tip. Not free anymore, but still cheap. I'd pay 5.75GBP, shipping to Germany included.

http://www.czechandspeake.com/Samples

Due to the ongoing, increasing popularity of our samples programme, we are no longer able to provide our sample packs for free. Our sample pack of all 10 luxurious product lines now costs £2.50 plus any applicable delivery charges.
To offset this cost, you will be issued a £5.00 gift voucher for your own personal use on your next Czech and Speake purchase.

Last edited:

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Violet Blonding again today. It's a scent I don't love, but it keeps desiring me to wear it. It's a really weird situation. I'm not a rose fan, and don't like powdery scents. But there's just something about this one that keeps me reaching for the bottle.

b1os

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So, from Violet Blonde to Violent Blonde to Violet Blonding to Violent Bonding? :confused:
:laugh:

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has my spelling been that bad? :embar:

EDIT: just reviewed my VB posts - NO, IT HASN'T :D

Last edited:

b1os

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nah, just the general development in this thread. (and a possible outcome) :D

I wore L'Artisan - Thé pour un Été today. Gorgeous stuff. Best jasmine scent so far! Paired with citrus and just a touch of tea.
Also applied some Parfum d'Orsay - Tilleul. Tilleul and watermelon. Interesting!

Last edited:

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Pre-shower: Montale Red Vetiver. As I've mentioned before, this is among the more tolerable vetiver-dominant fragrances.

SOTD: 100% Love. I'm sampling this because someone on BN said it's very similar to Noir de Noir. That person is obviously quite a prankster. The two fragrances do share some distinctive notes, but they don't really smell that similar. The top smells like a chocolate covered cherry, but there's also a note that's reminiscent of a substance that the English-speaking peoples of the world call vomit. (When I talk with my cat I call it volmint because that doesn't sound so bad and it makes her feel better.) Thankfully, that note doesn't last, and it dries down to a musky rose.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads