Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Dmax, Aug 22, 2007.

1. 3 Prague Winters

3 Prague Winters Senior member

2. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

RL Safari for me today

God I loved that one and swear I used to have a bottle years ago. Is it still available? I'd thought it was discontinued.

Speaking of discontinued, since we're in a cold snap, I'm sporting another discontinued winter scent - Cuiron. And the more I'm wearing different scents - particularly leather scents - the more I notice the great big leather note in this one.

3. dopey

dopey Senior member Dubiously Honored

Penhaligon's English Fern. Not surprisingly, my wife liked it the minute she noticed it as this is her type of scent.

Pending further review, this will be the daily wear for the rest of spring and summer weekdays. Weekends might see something different. Post-sport evenings will be Douro. Dress evenings will likely be TDC Rose Poivree.

I only plan to return here for the conversation and the occasional variation of note.

Today is a rainy day and I thought the dry smoky notes in Labo's Vetiver 46 would be just the right counterwright.

4. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Today is a rainy day and I thought the dry smoky notes in Labo's Vetiver 46 would be just the right counterwright.

Wow, not even a week and you're off the English Fern. That's actually pretty long by my standards though. [​IMG]

Today I'm back in Caron Third Man. It's not my normal fare but it is appealing on some level and Mrs. T likes it as well.

5. dopey

6. Dmax

Dmax Senior member

Feeling summery today so it's Creed Selection Verte. I am not normally a big citrus fan but growing to like this fragnance. Good lasting power on me which is surprising for a citrus fragnance. The Creed housenote makes its appearance after a couple of hours and is probably responsible for the lasting power of Selection Verte when compared to other Citrus scents.

7. tangerine

tangerine Senior member

Shalimar EdT.

Vanilla is the velvet glove that hides the cold, steely knuckles of bergamot and civet.

8. cairomerta

cairomerta Senior member

Creed GIT - The best!!

9. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Shalimar EdT.

Vanilla is the velvet glove that hides the cold, steely knuckles of bergamot and civet.

Was it Beaux who said "When I do vanilla I get Creme Bruleee, when Guerlain does vanilla he gets Shalimar". Must try that someday.

GIT btw is the only creed I really really like. The rest I can leave behind. I read that GIT and Cool Water had the same man behind both: Pierre Bourdon.

Today, a Polge creation: Chanel Antaeus. I'm speaking today - a presentation - and this is the scent that makes me stand a little straighter. Definitely a bit dated but masculine, fairly dry and warm and classic.

And Dopey's wearing English Fern today, unless it's raining.

10. dopey

Was it Beaux who said "When I do vanilla I get Creme Bruleee, when Guerlain does vanilla he gets Shalimar". Must try that someday.

GIT btw is the only creed I really really like. The rest I can leave behind. I read that GIT and Cool Water had the same man behind both: Pierre Bourdon.

Today, a Polge creation: Chanel Antaeus. I'm speaking today - a presentation - and this is the scent that makes me stand a little straighter. Definitely a bit dated but masculine, fairly dry and warm and classic.

And Dopey's wearing English Fern today, unless it's raining.

not raining

11. chronoaug

chronoaug Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)

College age girls think every scent in the world smells like axe. I was using the rest of my Odeur 53 sample and some girl asked which axe scent that was since she didn't recognize the smell. I was just confused and just said it was something else. A friend of mine wears axe sometimes and i couldn't think of a scent further away from it than odeur 53 [​IMG]

12. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

not raining

Therefore English Fern. Kind of like for me, speaking/presentation = Antaeus

College age girls think every scent in the world smells like axe. I was using the rest of my Odeur 53 sample and some girl asked which axe scent that was since she didn't recognize the smell. I was just confused and just said it was something else. A friend of mine wears axe sometimes and i couldn't think of a scent further away from it than odeur 53 [​IMG]

Puts the bitch in habituation.

13. Baron

Baron Senior member Dubiously Honored

Just got a bottle of Signoricci off of ebay and I'm wearing it for the first time. It's really very nice, but I think it's not so dissimilar from Eau Savage, so I'm not sure that one would need both. I don't wear this light Eau de Cologne style all that often, so maybe that's just me.

This also reminds me of Pour Monsieur.

14. Notreknip

Notreknip Senior member

Today I gave A*Men another try and I'm afraid I'm done with it. I had my girlfriend buy my a bottle while she was in Vegas a few weeks ago having never smelled it before. I was aware of the polarized viewpoints on it, but never thought that it could possibly smell that bad. I've worn it probably about 10 times now and sprayed it maybe a total of 12 times. The bottle literally looks untouched and I still have the box and packaging materials. I know I shouldn't be asking this in this thread, but I really would like to get rid of this stuff and I'm not sure how. I've never sold anything online before and have no idea what my girlfriend paid for it. Advice? (I'm on Basenotes; would that be my best bet?) Edit: For the record, she hates it too.

15. dopey