1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Dmax, Aug 22, 2007.

1. kulata

kulata Senior member

SOTD Fahrenheit Absolute

2. Maquis

Maquis Senior member

3. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

Pre-shower: Bois de Cedrat
    SOTD: Acteur

4. California Dreamer

California Dreamer Senior member

SOTD: Eau de Rochas Homme. I really like this one in the hot weather.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2013
  5. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

D&G Velvet Patchouli. Of the three I Velvet's I tried (Wood, Vetiver, and Patchouli) this is my favorite one.

6. Maquis

Maquis Senior member

I have the vintage Eau de Rochas POUR Homme, and I really love it (before I got into fragrances, I wore this for years...) Have you checked the vintage out? I'm wondering how different it is from the current Eau de Rochas Homme (no "Pour")...

There's a dark, funky quality to the vintage version. I really get the subtle herbs & myrrh which work like classical counterpoint to the lime/citrus at the top to create a rich, dark brightness (if that makes sense). I haven't had the chance to check the reformulation out, so I'm interested to know if it has been able to maintain that feel...

7. olivier.nyc

olivier.nyc Senior member

SOTD: Amouage Opus VI. Woaaa. It's gonna take me a while to get around this one. Not even sure if I love it or hate it yet...

8. L'Incandescent

Pre-shower: Un Jardin apres la Mousson. I should stop trying to like this. I bought a bottle soon after it came out because I thought the ads with the elephants were so adorable. But I don't like the fragrance much at all.

SOTD: Bijou Romantique.

9. Maquis

Maquis Senior member

Funny, I just smelled this yesterday. I didn't apply it, but it seemed textbook Ellena—watery, transluscent, impressionistic, but also quite floral (at least in the drydown), so I passed.

What are the reasons you don't like it? Do you like other (recent) Ellena fragrances? I can't help but feel they are a little sexless, like a repressed wealthy woman with good taste.

In other words, like Hermès :rotflmao:

SOTD: Vintage Azzaro Pour Homme. (I have both vintage and recent versions, and think the vintage is richer, spicier, mossier...) Man, this has some projection! I think I put a little too much on this morning, and was worried I was blowing some fellow (packed) subway commuters out of the water. Next time, I'll need to tone it down...

Last edited: Jan 25, 2013
  10. L'Incandescent

I am a big fan of most of Ellena's work, but the melon note in this one is just overpowering. I wouldn't like it even if it were in the background, but in this one it's front and center.

I love Un Jardin sur le Nil and Jour d'Hermes. I also like Voyage and Un Jardin sur le Toit quite a bit.

11. gong

gong Senior member

SOTD L'Artisan Perfumer Al Oudh

12. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

I like Un Jardin Apres La Mousson the most among the Jardin series and find the milky lactone component to be the part that makes it so special and accurate to Ellena's impression of India.

13. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

Today: Tabac aftershave.

14. California Dreamer

California Dreamer Senior member

SOTD: Montale Aoud Lime, from a sample. i've had this on for about 4 hours now and it is still giving great projection, a wonderful, heady scent. Sadly, I dropped the vial and spilled half the sample into the sink. Typical.

@maquis. I haven't tried the vintage Rochas, so I can't be of much help there.

15. Maquis

Maquis Senior member

That's cool. For some reason the Jardin series and also the Hermessences haven't really appealed to me. I can appreciate their construction, and see the intellect that went into their creation, but they don't make me *want* them. However, I also like Voyage and what I've smelled of Jour d'Hermes, as well as his earlier Declaration and Colonia Assoluta....

16. L'Incandescent

No way false opinion it's the worst.

1 person likes this.
  17. kulata

kulata Senior member

SOTD: Korres saffron amber cardamon

SOTE: By Kilian Sweet Redemption

18. b1os

b1os Senior member

Last few days: Colonia Assoluta, L'Eau de Jatamansi, Scirocco (Paolo Gigli).

19. olivier.nyc

olivier.nyc Senior member

20. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

So, what do you think about that mysterious fragrance that JFK bought for many of his friends and then, as an afterthought, for his brother as well?