1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Dmax, Aug 22, 2007.

1. Maquis

Maquis Senior member

How does that work?

SOTD: Vintage Guerlain Vetiver. I haven't worn this since I wore the hell out of it last summer, but man this is so good...

2. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

Guys, the core intent of the swap box is to try stuff you never have access to. Some people will not be able to contribute, but those of you are at the heart of Master-Classster's intent.

3. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Senior member

Heyo, checking in... my keyboard was burning...

So the next edition of Swap Box is in the works, I'm planning to get this organized by January and have it launched by either end of Jan or mid-Feb.

I'm thinking of changing it up a little actually. Let me know your thoughts guys.

The idea is to split everything into two boxes. The first box going round is a TESTING box, it will have everything grouped by fragrance line with the intention to cover as many lines as possible and their full offerings. The box is for people to try the fragrances or experience a whole line that they might not have access too and it makes no sense for us all to buy samples here and there. This box only gets added to, samples are never removed. If you have samples from the brand, add them to that bag, if you have a lot of a brand not in there, make a new bag. (I work in fragrance at retail so I have compiled a good 5-10 full ranges of samples for major lines and would hate for people to randomly pull samples out here and there and create gaps. It's taken a long time to get everything fully covered).

The second box with be the SWAP box, basically one bag of niche, and one of designer stuff and it's more or less a take whatever give whatever pile for all the remaining stuff. Even if it's a 'dumping ground', there are plenty of people for whom one guys junk is another's treasure. This is more like what we had going 'round before. This box will also probably contain a good chunk of decant supplies incase people want to make samples from their collections or create mini samples from decants that get put into the box. The other reason for this split is that everything just isn't going to fit into one flat rate priority box...

Thoughts?

1 person likes this.
  4. Aldous

Aldous Well-Known Member

One concern with the "testing" box is that people might keep it for long periods of time.

5. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Yep, we ran into that a while back as scheduling issues came up, and some folks got overwhelmed. It was a big box the last time I saw it. My guideline is that I sniff maybe a dozen, grab half that for further review, and put in whatever from my own stash that I've ignored / lost interest in - bearing in mind that this is a chance to sniff the scents that aren't available everywhere - the L'Artisans, Private Blends, Exclusifs, Malles, Lutens, Labos, ELdOs etc.

6. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

I like this one a lot. If you spray it on your skin and let it develop, you'll find that it becomes much more floral. It's a complex bouquet that doesn't really have a single floral note that dominates.

Pre-shower: Prelude to Love
    SOTD: Memo Luxor Oud. The first couple of wearings, I didn't get this at all; it seemed like a straightforward fruity floral. I applied more liberally today, and more facets of the scent emerged, including the oud. I like it a lot more now.

7. California Dreamer

California Dreamer Senior member

SOTD: Monsieur Balmain. It's giving me a big fresh hit of citrus, without the detergent smell of the Asprey. Blind buy, but I think it's a keeper.

Swap box sounds a great idea, but I assume you would not be able to accommodate Australian members. :)

8. wezell82

wezell82 Member

9. Lorcan7

Lorcan7 Senior member

Thanks for the suggestions!

Today: Parfum d'Empire Cuir Ottoman. Enjoying the floral notes in this and how they work with the light suede-leather. Might have to be Ambre Russe tomorrow.

10. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

Today: Habit Rouge EdT.

11. Baron

Baron Senior member Dubiously Honored

Wearing cdg Kyoto on a travel day.

12. olivier.nyc

olivier.nyc Senior member

13. Aldous

Aldous Well-Known Member

That would be an issue. As I, and probably others, would need to receive the box in specific months or weeks of the year.

14. allaboutshoes

allaboutshoes Senior member

15. Homme

Homme Senior member

Cuir Mauresque today

16. Maquis

Maquis Senior member

Sounds good. I'm down for both.

17. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Today: Mugler Pure Havane. Good stuff.

18. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

Pre-shower: Tokyo Milk Bulletproof. It's probably been over a year since I've worn this. It's okay, but not more than that.
    SOTD: Cartier Declaration d'un Soir. I'm still enjoying this one a lot.

19. b1os

b1os Senior member

L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme.

20. sjmin209

sjmin209 Senior member

PDN New Work today