• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

CalTex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Houbigant Fougere Royale to test today

what do you think about it?

I have it, and I think its okay.

I really like terre d'hermes though, need to buy another bottle soon

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Wow, thanks for the heads up on Amber Absolute. It seems like that scent should have broad appeal; I'm surprised it's not selling well enough to keep in the lineup. I'm not as surprised about Purple Patchouli and Velvet Gardenia: those aren't "easy" scents. But AA?

AA didn't sell for **** down here. WAY too cloying for anything above 60 degrees. 90+? No way.

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Just your typical 80 degree January day in LA, and I'm wearing Declaration.

b1os

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last two days Kilian - Incense Oud.

Today Malle - En Passant. Kind of a herbal/peppery fresh scent.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Wow, thanks for the heads up on Amber Absolute. It seems like that scent should have broad appeal; I'm surprised it's not selling well enough to keep in the lineup. I'm not as surprised about Purple Patchouli and Velvet Gardenia: those aren't "easy" scents. But AA?

As I understood it, it became too expensive to make. Kind of understandable, I guess, but given their price point - REALLY? SRSLY?

fungz0r

Reaction score

what do you think about it?
I have it, and I think its okay.
I really like terre d'hermes though, need to buy another bottle soon

After a day of wearing it I'd say the top notes are too much for me, but as it wears on I really do like it.

I think I need a better method of applying samples, how do you guys apply samples?

JohnGalt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

By comparison, Tom Ford Private Blend are pretty reasonable.
BTW: I heard it on the grapevine that Amber Absolute is being discontinued. I am sorely tempted to get a flacon of this, or at least find a split.

I'd buy into a split

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

By comparison, Tom Ford Private Blend are pretty reasonable.
BTW: I heard it on the grapevine that Amber Absolute is being discontinued. I am sorely tempted to get a flacon of this, or at least find a split.

I heard the same thing about AA too actually... PM me and we'll talk numbers since I may be able to help you guys out there...
I heard the same thing. Speaking of which, anyone know when Lavender Palm is going to be introduced? Its almost Feb for ***** sake.

1. Eh, I've smelled it a few times and you're not missing out... personally I think it's pretty boring.
2. I think Neiman's had the exclusive for quite a while and we just got it a few days ago here in Canada/Toronto.

tps16

Reaction score

After a day of wearing it I'd say the top notes are too much for me, but as it wears on I really do like it.
I think I need a better method of applying samples, how do you guys apply samples?

I tried it on paper in December at Neiman Marcus. The top-notes somehow reminded me of Sprite of all things. I wonder if you or anyone else got that out of it? It seemed to be getting better, but the top notes were a real turn-off for me.
Today, Ambre Narguille

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

1. Eh, I've smelled it a few times and you're not missing out... personally I think it's pretty boring.
2. I think Neiman's had the exclusive for quite a while and we just got it a few days ago here in Canada/Toronto.

I've been really excited to try Lavender Palm, but the bottles I've seen have been absurdly expensive. The perfumer is Yann Vasnier, who did the Divines that I love so much (L'Ame Soeur, L'Inspiratrice, Divine).

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

I've been really excited to try Lavender Palm, but the bottles I've seen have been absurdly expensive. The perfumer is Yann Vasnier, who did the Divines that I love so much (L'Ame Soeur, L'Inspiratrice, Divine).

I've heard hot and cold about Lavender Palm. If Vasnier did it, then I'm curious - really curious.

fungz0r

Reaction score
Amouage Epic Man today

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Dior Eau Noire. This one is fun to wear. Lavender with immortelle, which smells like curry-infused maple syrup.

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Tuberose Criminelle today.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads