Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Dmax, Aug 22, 2007.

1. MyTailorIsRich

MyTailorIsRich Senior member

Guerlain Vetiver today.

Another very nice vetiver.

2. MrGoodBytes

MrGoodBytes Senior member

rose 31 today (thanks rambo), first thought was how can I make my bed linens smell like this.

3. willpower

willpower Senior member

Tried out Le Labo Bergamote 22 today. Very light and short lasting. The bergamot scent was faint at best and it had sort of a fruity/flowery smell to it. Maybe it was the humidity.

Yeah, I'm not wild about that one either.

L'Hombre Fauve today.

4. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

Sycomore today

With this continuing to come up, Im hoping to find myself some. Where is the best place to obtain it? Its a Chanel scent, right?

5. boo

boo Senior member

With this continuing to come up, Im hoping to find myself some. Where is the best place to obtain it? Its a Chanel scent, right?

I believe the only source is certain Saks stores or Chanel boutiques.

SOTD is DC1913.

6. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

Lipstick Rose.

7. MyTailorIsRich

MyTailorIsRich Senior member

You can buy a decant from Perfumed Court or someone on CrystalFlagon. I have bough a lot of small samples from Mudassir on CrystalFlagon without any problem.

8. Jerome

Jerome Senior member

Apart from some neutral deo-spray [w. maritime extracts], another fashionable one from maybe two years ago: Bulgari- Aqua.

9. tps16

tps16 Senior member

Like others have mentioned, your best bet is a Chanel boutique. Of course, you should try ordering a sample first if there is no boutique near you. I think there may be smaller bottle out now, but when I got mine, it was only available in 200ml size.

10. willpower

willpower Senior member

Like others have mentioned, your best bet is a Chanel boutique. Of course, you should try ordering a sample first if there is no boutique near you. I think there may be smaller bottle out now, but when I got mine, it was only available in 200ml size.

I have a Chanel store in my town and they carry the bare minimum scents - Platinum Egoiste, No 5, Pour Monsieur, it's pathetic. Same goes for the YSL store.

11. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

I have a Chanel store in my town and they carry the bare minimum scents - Platinum Egoiste, No 5, Pour Monsieur, it's pathetic. Same goes for the YSL store.
    That's odd. I've got two Chanel boutiques nearby, plus one inside the Saks Fifth Avenue, and all of them have the special editions. They might not all be in stock at the particular stores when you go in but at least they have the testers. Wearing LL's Santal 33 again today - its nice, sort of a powdery sandalwood. Still not sure about it though.

12. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

13. tps16

tps16 Senior member

Weird. I've only been to a few Chanel boutiques, but I have always seen the exclusifs line. I guess some of the smaller stores don't have them. Chanel duty-free boutiques in airports are another option too.

14. gwolf

gwolf Senior member

what do you guys wear if you don't care anymore?

i've kinda been thinking chanel. the house is conservative, good quality, and respectable. might try platinum egoiste or edition blanche, hell even bleu. guerlain can be too odd for me. maybe too refined for my nose. i dunno. ysl could be a contender here as well.

has anyone come to a similar conclusion even though a different house/ frag? what have you picked or what would you hypothetically pick?

15. tps16

tps16 Senior member

I tend to wear a chanel when I don't want to spend the time to pick something out. Usually pour monsieur or sycomore.