Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Dmax, Aug 22, 2007.

1. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

Cool Water. Poor man's GIT.

2. Jerome

Jerome Senior member

Today I wore one of my standards for spring and summer: Aqua di Parma (Colonia Assoluta).

3. tps16

tps16 Senior member

I went past the Hermes store yesterday to stock the box and the SA was more then generous. multple samples of multiple frags. These guys impress me EVERY time I deal with them (as long as I don't ask about green aligator wallets right?).

currently working my way through the Malle lineup... this is going to take a while. probably because they're hard to just sniff and conclude anything. it takes me a while to understand each one, plus I have to decide which ones to get larger decants of or not since the samples will be shipped out with the box.

SOTD - AdP Colognia Asolutta - and can I just say BLECH. seriously, I was expecting something nice here and it was terrible. I felt sick. AdP's this nice citrus thing, Intensa's like a lemony wood thing, but then asolutta, all I get is some flower I really dislike. I got a few seconds of orange, then just musk and floral. uh, not at all for me.

I'm surprised you don't like assoluta. Maybe the white musk in the drydown? It's become one of my go-to summer scents.

Friday and Saturday-Adp Colonia Assoluta
    Sunday- Shalimar
    Today- Sycomore

4. Elusive

Elusive Senior member

Neals Yard Remedies do a mens cologne in the UK I was a BVlgari fan until I smelled this stuff and it contains some weird herbs like St Johns Wort which boost mood very posh stuff

5. Parker

Parker Senior member Dubiously Honored

Tauer L'air du Desert Marocain.

First time I've tried this. It's really nice. A little smoke, some patchouli, something sweet. Lemon? Maybe some herbs.

6. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

^Its good shit.

Finally tried out the new LeLabo Santal 33. I kind of dig this but it needs another tryout. Its a powdery sandalwood and it reminds me of something VERY strongly. Problem is I can't put my finger on it.

7. willpower

willpower Senior member

Rive Gauche - oh yeah. Definitely in my top 3 faves.

8. Notreknip

Notreknip Senior member

Finally tried out the new LeLabo Santal 33. I kind of dig this but it needs another tryout. Its a powdery sandalwood and it reminds me of something VERY strongly. Problem is I can't put my finger on it.
    Don't even bother with another "tryout". Host a split for this puppy. I'll be #1. [​IMG] Edit: Ick, just read about the Rose 31 mess. Use this future order as leverage!

9. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Well that one was already priced at $700 so there isn't much leverage there, sadly.

10. silvermagenta

silvermagenta Well-Known Member

can anyone recommend a fragrance for more casual occasions? my go to is floris 127 but with my change in occupation (bank manager to industrial designer) i need something more casual. jeans and chinos with tee or buttondown casual. i'm 26, btw.

i live in south carolina, btw, if that helps.

11. gwolf

gwolf Senior member

basenotes reviews of 127 sound good. i liked 89 myself. no idea about reformulation but i'm cool with a frag as long as the idea is still there.

anyways how about another floral frag? kenzo power cologne.. also dior homme cologne..

12. MyTailorIsRich

MyTailorIsRich Senior member

Yesterday and today I am trying out Carthusia Corallium, but I have hay fever so bad I can hardly smell anything. Seems to be a dry woods type scent with a fresh/citrus top.

13. tps16

tps16 Senior member

Yesterday, ADP colonia assolut
    Today, Bois du Portugal--this seems to work well in summer, surprisingly enough. I thought it was more of a fall/winter scent only.

14. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Today - Rose 31. There were a few leftover drops from the split so I used them up. Tomorrow: [​IMG]

15. boo

boo Senior member

Have a blend of Saks for Him and jeans that haven't been washed in 3 years in an effort to achieve "awesome fadez". First time wearing them to work, and I never really noticed the smell till now [​IMG]