Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Dmax, Aug 22, 2007.

1. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

Did a little bit of duty-free shopping on the Brazilian boarder. Hence...

SotD = HermÃ[​IMG]s Un Jardin Sur le Nil. I can't remember who on here originally suggested that one, but it is a great scent, and I offer my thanks.[​IMG]

I love the lotus notes, and how aquatic it goes once it takes to the skin. Plus, I get very decent longevity out of it, despite its EdT status.

2. Green Lantern

Green Lantern Senior member

Ordered a wee tad bit of Houbigant Fougere Royale last week via the Court. Looking to report by midweek. "Tailor" got me going...

3. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

Did a little bit of duty-free shopping on the Brazilian boarder. Hence...

SotD = HermÃ[​IMG]s Un Jardin Sur le Nil. I can't remember who on here originally suggested that one, but it is a great scent, and I offer my thanks.[​IMG]

I love the lotus notes, and how aquatic it goes once it takes to the skin. Plus, I get very decent longevity out of it, despite its EdT status.

That was me. I'm glad you're liking it! Have you tried the new Jardin sur le Toit yet? I think it might be just as good as Sur le Nil. Also has surprisingly good longevity.

Diptyque L'Autre for me today.

4. MyTailorIsRich

MyTailorIsRich Senior member

That was me. I'm glad you're liking it! Have you tried the new Jardin sur le Toit yet? I think it might be just as good as Sur le Nil. Also has surprisingly good longevity. Diptyque L'Autre for me today.
    Guess what I'm wearing today ( Fougere Royale)? And this evening Jubilation XXV. Really enjoying J25. Note on Hermes. They are pretty generous on samples. I am pretty sure if you send them an email and request a sample they will send it to you. Especially new scents. I stopped by their store here in SF last weekend and they gave me a sample of everything I asked for that they had in stock. I got a sample of Jardin sur le Toit but I haven't had a chance to try it yet.

5. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Senior member

I went past the Hermes store yesterday to stock the box and the SA was more then generous. multple samples of multiple frags. These guys impress me EVERY time I deal with them (as long as I don't ask about green aligator wallets right?).

currently working my way through the Malle lineup... this is going to take a while. probably because they're hard to just sniff and conclude anything. it takes me a while to understand each one, plus I have to decide which ones to get larger decants of or not since the samples will be shipped out with the box.

SOTD - AdP Colognia Asolutta - and can I just say BLECH. seriously, I was expecting something nice here and it was terrible. I felt sick. AdP's this nice citrus thing, Intensa's like a lemony wood thing, but then asolutta, all I get is some flower I really dislike. I got a few seconds of orange, then just musk and floral. uh, not at all for me.

6. boo

boo Senior member

Dior Homme today. Mrs Boo said I smell like a cheap whore. I reply that I'm intimately familiar with the scent of cheap whores and assure her she's incorrect.

7. Green Lantern

Green Lantern Senior member

Okay, I need more fragrance. I find the sampling method to be a win. So, I want to buy one of these, or maybe a couple:

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/nordstro...resultback=114

Question is; how do you clean in between usage...to completely flush last fragrance and not dilute or bastardize the new fragrance?

Almost forgot...today at the Napa Vineyards was Grey Veviter by Tom Ford. I am not really into it.

8. willpower

willpower Senior member

Okay, I need more fragrance. I find the sampling method to be a win. So, I want to buy one of these, or maybe a couple: http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/nordstro...resultback=114 Question is; how do you clean in between usage...to completely flush last fragrance and not dilute or bastardize the new fragrance? Almost forgot...today at the Napa Vineyards was Grey Veviter by Tom Ford. I am not really into it.
    You really can't. Not completely, at least. It's always going to have at least a bit of the essence of the original frag. You can try a 90% rubbing alcohol washing, including spraying it through the atomizer, but forget it if your original scent was something heavy. Consider instead: http://www.bestbottles.com/all_bottl...s_purchase.php

9. TintoTerra

TintoTerra Senior member

Wore Profumum Oxiana today. I tend to fall for descriptions of incense scents then find them 'old lady'-ish on my skin. A bit like Tauer L'air Du Morrocain or whatever it's called. Likable, slightly weird, possibly femme. I really wanted to try Thundra but couldn't find a sample, so I got this instead.

Got a bottle of Santal 33 last week. Another womb-like comfort scent with spiky edges from Le Labo. I really like that house! Also acquired that Labdanum one from L'occitane. A definite keeper for me.

10. gwolf

gwolf Senior member

kenzo power... the katie smells girl compared it to gendarme and i only sniffed gendarme a few weeks ago. it's not far off in style really. but this thing lasts longer than my other sugar bombs except it's a floral. i like this. i'm saving the juice a little bit compared to the ones i want to finish.

11. turboman808

turboman808 Senior member

For some reason I have been on a real bvlgari kick the last few weeks and have bought just about every product they sell for me. The Blv is my favorite.

12. MyTailorIsRich

Okay, I need more fragrance. I find the sampling method to be a win. So, I want to buy one of these, or maybe a couple:

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/nordstro...resultback=114

Question is; how do you clean in between usage...to completely flush last fragrance and not dilute or bastardize the new fragrance?

Almost forgot...today at the Napa Vineyards was Grey Veviter by Tom Ford. I am not really into it.

Use disposable plastic or glass bottles for samples. http://www.accessoriesforfragrances.com/ also has a nice selection.

13. MyTailorIsRich

Wore Profumum Oxiana today. I tend to fall for descriptions of incense scents then find them 'old lady'-ish on my skin. A bit like Tauer L'air Du Morrocain or whatever it's called. Likable, slightly weird, possibly femme. I really wanted to try Thundra but couldn't find a sample, so I got this instead.

Got a bottle of Santal 33 last week. Another womb-like comfort scent with spiky edges from Le Labo. I really like that house! Also acquired that Labdanum one from L'occitane. A definite keeper for me.

I don't find most incenses to be too femme, but too dry. Jubilation XXV is a good balanced incense.

14. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Use disposable plastic or glass bottles for samples. http://www.accessoriesforfragrances.com/ also has a nice selection.
    Yup. Sally is good people.

15. MyTailorIsRich

Yup. Sally is good people.

I have received incredibly good service from Sally. Recieve orders about two days after I place them, tons of freebies in each shipment, issues responded to and resolved instantly, etc.