Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Dmax, Aug 22, 2007.

1. willpower

willpower Senior member

Tried Jubilation XXV today and liked it much more than I thought I would. I have had very good luck with sandalwood scents but pretty bad luck with incense-based ones. Jubilation is probably the best incense-based one I've tried. Too bad I missed the split!

Incense and a dried fruit note. Good longevity.

2. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Tried Jubilation XXV today and liked it much more than I thought I would. I have had very good luck with sandalwood scents but pretty bad luck with incense-based ones. Jubilation is probably the best incense-based one I've tried. Too bad I missed the split!
    I'm sure there will be another split in the near future. Hell, I'll probably end up hosting it myself as I'd like to have at least 10ml around for the collection.

3. milosh

milosh Senior member

Dior Homme Intense for my first birthday party, Bigarade Concentr√É[​IMG]e for the second one.

4. Tom R

Tom R Active Member

Burberry - The Beat

Just received some samples of Grey Vetiver and Terre d'Hermes that I'm eager to try...

5. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

On the Burberry note, sporting an old bottle of London today. Shame it was discontinued.

6. CologneReview

CologneReview Senior member

SOTD is going to be Creed Erolfa again. Trying to find something to enjoy with this one.

Also was trying to figure out if folks would be interested in a split of Selection Verte by Creed. It's apparently in their "Private Collection" and only being released for a short period of time.

7. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

I don't think that its THAT special. You can get it pretty regularly.

8. MyTailorIsRich

MyTailorIsRich Senior member

9. CologneReview

CologneReview Senior member

I don't think that its THAT special. You can get it pretty regularly.

Oh I was reading that it's been released this year and then once it's gone it goes "back into the vault". Like I said I've got no clue, just what I had read. I know it has some fans on here and BN and since you can only buy flacons I figured it'd be a good split.

10. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

Incense and a dried fruit note. Good longevity.
    I beg to differ on the longevity. It ranks as the lowest in longevity amongst all my niche/designer colognes. I have to spray four times on my neck to get around 6 hours MAX of longevity. That being said, it's my favorite :p

11. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Oh I was reading that it's been released this year and then once it's gone it goes "back into the vault". Like I said I've got no clue, just what I had read. I know it has some fans on here and BN and since you can only buy flacons I figured it'd be a good split.
    Huh. I was under the impression that it was always available. At least it seems that way.

12. boo

boo Senior member

PSA: Bond No 9 refill event starts this Sunday: Buy any two items (except for pocket sprays), and get a free 100ml "refill" bottle for free. It's a regular bottle, but in a plain cardboard box and no cap. Think tester bottle. Refills are a limited selection (dont expect the Harrods limited edition), and the popular ones go fast. Supposedly they make you bring in an empty perfume bottle, but I know Saks SA's often dont bother asking.

Jack Black JB EdP today - just like Terre d'Hermes, but a bit more on the citrus, bit less on the pencil shavings.

Prior few days were Tom Ford Italian Cypress.

13. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

If anybody is planning on doing a Bond split that would be a great way to maximize your returns.

14. Mr_Incognito

Mr_Incognito Senior member

I have been using Guerlain Vetiver and YSL Opium and would love to hear your views on what fragrances would appeal to my tastes, Thanks.

Just wanted to report back to SF members on my new fragrance purchase, I went for the Gucci Pour Homme.

15. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Senior member

master-classter, I am very interested in GV, might see if there is enough interest to do a split.
    Hmmm, I'll probably pass on that for now. I have so many vetivers and this one doesn't add anything to the mix to be honest. I nearly got a bottle for cheap off Basenotes hence the tester sample. Plus I think it's only 50ml bottles so harder to economize.

I'm probably showing how much of a n00b I am, but I just discovered a tester of light violet Prada cologne that smells fucking incredible. I haven't loved a fragrance like this in ages. It's a bit floral, almost feminine, but god damn. I know what I'm asking for on my birthday [​IMG]
    I think you've got Prada Amber. It's a soapy floral type thing. Very nice for any weather and any occasion IMO. Some find it a little synthetic though. If you want more irish springs and less pot pourit, try Mugler's Cologne.