Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Dmax, Aug 22, 2007.

1. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

Did a combination this morning of juice left over in small sample vials because there was too little of either to be super effective.

Aventus + Silver Mountain Water

Interesting combo with a lot of fruity top thus far. Kind of liking it.

2. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

sure, I'll do up the thread later today and PM you along with some others to sign up.

In the winter I went through a round of comparing various "woods", not that it's my favorite group but I wanted a couple of nice ones anyway. For New Year's I was in NYC and went to Aedus de Venustas and smelled a bunch of the Etros (they're good!), including the Sandalo, which I found to be along the lines of MPG's Santal Noble (sort of a warm, nutty, little spicey, sawdusty, wood) and liked it a lot. But it was about $150-200 I think, and I found a bottle of Casswell-Massey Sandlewood nearby for like $30. Now the CM is more of a soapy clean take on the sandlewood, but I thought it was ok.... that Etro kept nagging at the back of my mind and I was disappointed when I got home without it.

There's a local store here that sells an odd assortment of various lines including etro, so on teh weekend I poked around and saw they had a bottle of the sandalo! And they were asking $130, great! no stock though... so then I pitched the store owner and said it was pointless to have the tester out if people couldn't buy the bottles becuase they had no more stock plus they'd be annoyed at having found something they liked without being able to buy it, so could I just buy the tester. It's a sale instead of nothing right? He says sure, I bite my lips and stand there for a minute, he says ok, how about 60% off? I say sure, that seems fair (fireworks going off inside head). So short of the long, I got about 80/100ml, tester with cap for $56 including tax. Booyah! I've already put a few samples in the seed swapbox.

MyTailorIsRich - I'll add a sample to the Geranium split package for you to try it.
    Rambo - I'll add some more vials of it to the swap box.

Yesterday, wore 1 Million. I'm embarrassed to say I kindof like it. It's so tacky it's almost good. Though this shit projects like nothing else. Be warned. coming to a club near you.

Nice score on the Sandalo! I'm kicking around getting a tester myself, though I have the Rose split waiting...and a Dzing! bottle supposedly en route but the itch is not yet scratched. [​IMG]

3. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

Un Jardin sur le Toit today. Very bright and tart, especially in the opening. It's fairly similar to Jardin sur le Nil, actually. I'm not getting the advertised compost notes, though, which is a little disappointing.

4. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Trying out Bond New York Oud finally. The oud is extremely potent in the opening. Haven't had enough of a dry down yet to be sure.

5. MyTailorIsRich

MyTailorIsRich Senior member

Fat Electrian today. I am always reminded how it lives up to its name: vetiver with an ozone/electrical note on the opening and a fat vanilla kicker on the drydown. Not a 5 star frag, but I always enjoy it.

6. L'Incandescent

Jardin apres la mousson today. This is probably my least favorite of the Jardin series, but I was still in the Jardin mood from trying sur le Toit yesterday.

7. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Senior member

today Creed MI... meh, not overly impressed. I'll retry when hotter out. spilt some Sycomore while decanting, it's just sooo good. News - Swap Box Thread is Up!!!!

8. El Argentino

Tom Ford Grey Vetiver for a long day of meetings.

Got at least 8 hours out of it (where I could still smell it). Didn't bother to ask anyone afterwards.

9. Britalian

Britalian Senior member

Swung by Saks yesterday and picked up samples of the new Maison Martin Margiella and Prada Amber Homme Intense. Wearing the Prada today - I think its a winner. Big vanilla opening but dries down to amber and sweetness. Very nice.

This the unisex 'Untitled' release?
    What thoughts? Anyone else?

10. sho'nuff

sho'nuff grrrrrrrr!!

annick goutal duel.

i just got a sample of this. i love this unique scent too bad it is almost has no presence at all.[​IMG]

11. MyTailorIsRich

MyTailorIsRich Senior member

Sycomore. Love this frag! Low projection so it is work friendly too.

12. L'Incandescent

Sycomore. Love this frag! Low projection so it is work friendly too.

I've got to try this. I don't think I've ever seen such a strong consensus about any fragrance on SOTD!

It's Bal a Versailles edp for me today.

13. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

This the unisex 'Untitled' release? What thoughts? Anyone else?
    I was unimpressed.
    I've got to try this. I don't think I've ever seen such a strong consensus about any fragrance on SOTD! It's Bal a Versailles edp for me today.
    Meh. Somehow cupcake, I don't think it'll be up your alley. Its overwhelmingly green and not in an "unwashed crotch" kind of way.

14. El Argentino

Creed Original Vetiver