• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

gwolf

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
Tried out the new Gucci Guilty for men today. Smells almost exactly like the woman's version on me.

I found a local Nordstrom that is carrying the Angel Havanne if anyone wants some. I got a few samples for myself
bounce2.gif
. Its good ****!

bottle worthy?

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gwolf
bottle worthy?
Maybe. This could definitely be a good "club"/going out scent. If you smoke I think this is a must have.

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Anyone have any experiences with Amouage's Homage Attar or Tribute Attar?

MyTailorIsRich

Reaction score
00a9.png
claration. I shoud wear this more. Great for the office.

I tried CDG Avignon last night when we went out to dinner. I used 4 sprays and ended up in a cloud of bone dry frankincense all night. Seemed like an interesting oriental, but quite dry. Have to try it again with a lighter touch.

Has anybody tried Montale Red Vetiver (or Vetyver. They seem to spell it both ways)?

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by El Argentino

Also was able to samble Hermes Un Jardin Sur le Nil - amazingly unique. Might have to buy a full bottle of that one.

I think I've gotten more compliments on that one than any other fragrance.

Speaking of the Jardins, has anyone tried the new Jardin sur le Toit yet? I'm excited to try it based on the descriptions I've seen. (And based on my trust in Jean-Claude Ellena.)

It's Diptyque L'Autre for me today.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tobacco Vanille - great scent. Love the depth of it.

gwolf

Reaction score
Maybe. This could definitely be a good "club"/going out scent. If you smoke I think this is a must have.

awesome thanks! don't club but i do smoke.. i kinda want to like tis coz i love the gucci house especially the ones from the tom ford era. was thinking of picking up m7 after reading that cologne for smokers thread but this one will definitely be easier to come by.

sotd: gucci guilty for women

Bill Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Today's scent is Truefitt and Hill Grafton.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Silver Mountain Water -

Painfully metallic on the card, but on the skin it softens up quite a bit. Ok.

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by L'Incandescent
Speaking of the Jardins, has anyone tried the new Jardin sur le Toit yet? I'm excited to try it based on the descriptions I've seen. (And based on my trust in Jean-Claude Ellena.)
I tried it out at the boutique last weekend. not on my skin, just on a card. My first impression was "juicy", it's a sweet fruity juicy sort of scent, quite clear and bright, like a fresh bite out of an apple. I believe there's more to it then that but just based on a quick sniff that's all I got. At first I didn't like it but even within a few minutes it really grew on me. I'm not sure if it's better for women though. Still, I say worth trying for sure. I had written off Sur le Nil but based on what you guys are saying I should give it another chance.
Originally Posted by MyTailorIsRich
00a9.png
claration. I should wear this more. Great for the office. I tried CDG Avignon last night when we went out to dinner. I used 4 sprays and ended up in a cloud of bone dry frankincense all night. Seemed like an interesting oriental, but quite dry. Have to try it again with a lighter touch.

tried the declaration essence version? (blue bottle) Avignon's nice stuff, a little potent for my taste (I got Kyoto instead) but it's interesting and very nice. If you like that but want it less sharp, try Wonderwood or some of the others from the incense line.
Originally Posted by Rambo
I found a local Nordstrom that is carrying the Angel Havanne if anyone wants some. I got a few samples for myself
bounce2.gif
. Its good ****!

I smelled that when it came out and also immediately liked it. 100ml bottle though
ffffuuuu.gif
hmmm, that gives me a split idea!

MyTailorIsRich

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Master-Classter
tried the declaration essence version? (blue bottle)

Avignon's nice stuff, a little potent for my taste (I got Kyoto instead) but it's interesting and very nice. If you like that but want it less sharp, try Wonderwood or some of the others from the incense line.

I smelled that when it came out and also immediately liked it. 100ml bottle though
ffffuuuu.gif

hmmm, that gives me a split idea!

I tried Declaration Essance at Sephora today. Definitely stronger and maybe a little sweeter. I'll have to get a sample for more extended testing. I forgot I had a tiny sample of Kyoto. I'll try it this week.

Timbuktu today. Thought I would likr this better than I did. Maybe dry incense frags are not for me.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads