Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Dmax, Aug 22, 2007.

1. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

The top notes are pleasant in a familiar chypre kind of way, but it is something about an hour in that becomes a bit "stuffy" (in an almost literal sense). I don't think it is the classic Guerlain civet(ish) note that gets me a bit in the wrong way, but I'm really not sure what it is just yet.
    Yeah, I swapped away my bottle of Mitsy as well for the same reason: just too formal and French for my tastes. Dane swears that the parfum is miles better and everyone says that the earlier bottles are also better, but I don't want to start the chase just to find out that I still dislike it. For chypre, i already have Chanel PM and that addresses that family quite well.

2. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

Beautiful day, using the last of my Green Irish Tweed sample.

Actually tried out Davidoff Cool Water yesterday, and to my nose not detecting a ton of difference, so that might save me $200+ dollars in the future.

3. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

Muscs Koublai Khan today. I ran out of this, so I haven't worn it in a while. Just got my new supply, and it's every bit as good as I remembered!

4. MyTailorIsRich

MyTailorIsRich Senior member

Ormonde Man for me as well today.

5. sho'nuff

sho'nuff grrrrrrrr!!

Sho: this is normal for lots of people and lots of scents. I don't know if you remember Ivan Kipling, but he wore Eau Sauvage all the time - it was his only scent for years, until he eventually became anosmic to it, and had to switch to something else. Just couldn't smell it at all any longer. That's why I rotate them around a bit.

dam so that means you guys want me to spend mo money on this fragrances ?? [​IMG]

6. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

^^^^ lol. But srsly there's a huge market in splits, partials (decants) and secondary bottles. I think I've paid full retail for a bottle once in the last few years. And, fwiw, I know a few folks who don't mind sharing/swapping samples here and there. Holla.

BTW, I have a bottle of Hermes Elixir Des Merveilles coming to me from London, since you raved about it earlier.

7. sho'nuff

sho'nuff grrrrrrrr!!

^^^^ lol. But srsly there's a huge market in splits, partials (decants) and secondary bottles. I think I've paid full retail for a bottle once in the last few years. And, fwiw, I know a few folks who don't mind sharing/swapping samples here and there. Holla.

BTW, I have a bottle of Hermes Elixir Des Merveilles coming to me from London, since you raved about it earlier.

nice! im not sure if youre a vanilla chocolate orange bomb man, but this is one of the most decadent scents i have ever encountered (at the dept stores).

i hope you like it. maybe not an everyday application but good in your rotation.

i hope you wont get [​IMG] after you smell it.
    because i endorsed it[​IMG]

8. MyTailorIsRich

The top notes are pleasant in a familiar chypre kind of way, but it is something about an hour in that becomes a bit "stuffy" (in an almost literal sense). I don't think it is the classic Guerlain civet(ish) note that gets me a bit in the wrong way, but I'm really not sure what it is just yet.

OK, I confess I have only worn it a few times so my experience base is limited. I will have to try it again this weekend and <st>see</st> smell if I smell what you smell.

9. MyTailorIsRich

It blows. Don't waste your time or money. You're better off with AdP.

Acqua di Parma? Which one?

10. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

musc (vanilla) ravageur

11. MyTailorIsRich

musc (vanilla) ravageur

[​IMG]

12. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

Having just gotten my CologneReview split in the mail today, going to bust some Amouage Reflections at my shift tonight.

13. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

Having just gotten my CologneReview split in the mail today, going to bust some Amouage Reflections at my shift tonight.

I feel ambivalent towards reflection.

14. tps16

tps16 Senior member

Cuir de Russie today

15. willpower

willpower Senior member

With the weather warming up I'm thinking of picking up a light aquatic that you guys love so much. Any recs?

Aramis New West