Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Dmax, Aug 22, 2007.

1. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Senior member

yesterday I wore Floris JL and it immediately reminded me of GIT/CW, but as well done as the GIT. If you can get past calling it a clone and just judge it for what it is, it's nice stuff!

2. MyTailorIsRich

MyTailorIsRich Senior member

Thomas, thanks for changing your avatar. That egyptian guy always creeped me out. Are you having an arm wrestling contest with Dakota Rube?

Etro Sandalo

3. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

Kiton Men today. I don't wear this one as much as I should, probably because I get occupied with trying new samples. The BN reviews never mention this, but the pineapple note really makes this fragrance.

4. giony

giony Senior member

Rochas Moustache Concentree today.

5. Mr_Incognito

Mr_Incognito Senior member

I have been using Guerlain Vetiver and YSL Opium and would love to hear your views on what fragrances would appeal to my tastes, Thanks.

6. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Senior member

I have been using Guerlain Vetiver and YSL Opium and would love to hear your views on what fragrances would appeal to my tastes, Thanks.

Tom Ford Grey Vetiver
    Lalique Encre Noire

Gucci Envy
    Jaipur Boucheron

today, Malle Bigarade Concentree. I think I still prefer Declaration.

7. rioni

rioni Senior member

Tonight it's Rick James bitch. [​IMG]

8. tps16

tps16 Senior member

9. Mr_Incognito

Thanks Master-Classter for your suggestions. I read reviews of all the four fragrances on basenotes and will be trying Lalique Encre Noir and Gucci Envy soon.

10. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

Do you mean YSL Opium pour Homme or the original YSL Opium? Assuming you mean Opium pour Homme, you might want to check out Tom Ford Moss Breches, which is spicy and sweet like Opium PH. The top of Moss Breches is much less harsh and the base is much less sickly sweet than Opium PH.

You might also like Tom Ford Black Orchid. Both are heavy and sweet, although the sweetness in Black Orchid is jammy rather than vanilla. (There's nothing in Black Orchid that resembles that awful black currant note you get at the top of Opium PH, but that's a good thing IMO!)

Finally, you might want to check out the original Opium, which is also spicy and sweet, but much less harshly so. (I think the original is better than Opium PH in every way.)

Finally, +1 to all of Master-Classter's recommendations.

11. Parker

Parker Senior member Dubiously Honored

Tonight it's Rick James bitch.

[​IMG]

M7 today/night

12. Mr_Incognito

Do you mean YSL Opium pour Homme or the original YSL Opium? Assuming you mean Opium pour Homme, you might want to check out Tom Ford Moss Breches, which is spicy and sweet like Opium PH. The top of Moss Breches is much less harsh and the base is much less sickly sweet than Opium PH.

You might also like Tom Ford Black Orchid. Both are heavy and sweet, although the sweetness in Black Orchid is jammy rather than vanilla. (There's nothing in Black Orchid that resembles that awful black currant note you get at the top of Opium PH, but that's a good thing IMO!)

Finally, you might want to check out the original Opium, which is also spicy and sweet, but much less harshly so. (I think the original is better than Opium PH in every way.)

Finally, +1 to all of Master-Classter's recommendations.

Thanks L'Incandescent for your suggestions, I use the original YSL Opium and would love to hear your thoughts on fragrances similar to the original Opium.

13. gwolf

gwolf Senior member

aramis jhl? it has cinnamon too.

14. tps16

tps16 Senior member

Thanks L'Incandescent for your suggestions, I use the original YSL Opium and would love to hear your thoughts on fragrances similar to the original Opium.

The original Coco from Chanel is somewhat in a style like Opium, except it has more dried fruits to it.
    I think if you like Vetiver, Sycomore is another one to check out.

15. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Thomas, thanks for changing your avatar. That egyptian guy always creeped me out. Are you having an arm wrestling contest with Dakota Rube? Etro Sandalo
    LOL, no - there's been a strange avatar-swap going on so I thought it was time. It will probably change again soon, once I find the right pic. Nice pick on Sandalo, I remember liking that one.
    Hmmm. I like vetiver but not Opium so it's a toss-up. Here are a few off the beaten path: Etro Shaal Nur (vetiver/incense/vanilla) Guerlain Habit Rouge SL Chergui Today I'm wearing Shaal Nur.