• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Must have a curse on me or something. I got my fragrancex.com order today in the mail - I had ordered a 4oz Creed Original Santal from them last Wednesday (pretty prompt shipping and arrival). I excitedly opened the box to find a 2.5 oz bottle instead of the 4oz one.
ffffuuuu.gif

Well, time to send another bottle back to an e-retailer. Plus side - this one looked completely authentic.

Notreknip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Chanel PM - (I have come to realize it is very easy to find here in Canada as opposed to the US. Let this be a first. I find its longevity to be quite poor so far; I guess it's there, but it definitely sits close to the skin. I'm totally a chypre guy, I just wish I could find one that is a bit more of a powerhouse. Suggestions? Tiffany? PdN New York? I have some of the AdPs and adore them.)

In other news, UPS called me today and told me that I owe $35 C.O.D. on a $40 bottle of L'Instant that just arrived. Unbelievable.

tps16

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Notreknip
Chanel PM - (I have come to realize it is very easy to find here in Canada as opposed to the US. Let this be a first. I find its longevity to be quite poor so far; I guess it's there, but it definitely sits close to the skin. I'm totally a chypre guy, I just wish I could find one that is a bit more of a powerhouse. Suggestions? Tiffany? PdN New York? I have some of the AdPs and adore them.)

In other news, UPS called me today and told me that I owe $35 C.O.D. on a $40 bottle of L'Instant that just arrived. Unbelievable.

CPM is one of my favorites; I don't think its supposed to have a lot of projection though. Maybe you should try Mitsouko if you like chypres? I find the drydown of Bois du Portugal to be a little reminiscent of the drydown of CPM.

Today, Bois du Portugal

willpower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
CPM Concentree - the one available domestically. Quite a pleasant lemon milkshake experience.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Notreknip

Consider Tiffany for Men and also Givenchy III. PdN New York is quite good as well, but it gets powdery on me and the Mrs. cannot refrain from snide commentary.

Also, sorry to hear about your shipping experience. Shipping scents to Canada gives me the heebie-jeebies, frankly, I worry that the RCMP's going to show up at my door.

Today, Guy Laroche Horizon. From the house that brought you Drakkar Noir (snicker), Horizon is the follow-up to the iconic 80's powerhouse, and it's actually not bad. A pleasant grapefruit-ginger-floral that doesn't promise much and doesn't really disappoint. A placeholder in the ol' herd.

MyTailorIsRich

Reaction score
Terre d'Hermès today. I tried Aqua di Gio the other day and it immediately gave me a headache. Dane implanted this auto-suggestion
devil.gif

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Kingdom today.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rioni
Tonight it's Xerjoff Nio
Everytime I see that name I read it as Jerkoff. Today - Started with the new MMM. Kind of faded fast so I didn't get a good handle on it. Then, while at the mall, I snagged a few sprays of VC&A Cologne Noir. This isn't bad at all. Can't really get a handle on the scent but its overall "sexy".

rioni

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
+1 Today it's Parfum d’Empire Fougere Bengale from sample. I am going to need to get a bottle of this one
smile.gif
Originally Posted by Rambo
Everytime I see that name I read it as Jerkoff.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads