Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Dmax, Aug 22, 2007.

1. MyTailorIsRich

MyTailorIsRich Senior member

Fougère Royale by Houbigant. I really think this scent is underrated. If you like Green Irish Tweed you should give this one a try.

2. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

Dans tes Bras today.

3. PITAronin

PITAronin Senior member

L'air du Desert Morocain today. Love that goofy 'baby powdery' thing that comes through along with the dry spice notes.

4. boo

boo Senior member

5. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Senior member

I'm impressed with the choices above!!! You guys are really going all out. today - Terre D'Hermes and Concentree d'Orange Vert. I think they're different enough to own both. PS - for those interested in ETRO, some KILLER deals here - http://shop.ebay.com/parfumsparadies....l1313&afsrc=1 I don't speak German so if anyone can translate please, I believe that they will ship worldwide for 10Euro ($15)... retails about $150-200 on these bad boys. The Vetiver's good, as is the Sandalwood. Many like Shal Nuur.

6. MyTailorIsRich

I don't speak German so if anyone can translate please, I believe that they will ship worldwide for 10Euro ($15)... retails about $150-200 on these bad boys. The Vetiver's good, as is the Sandalwood. Many like Shal Nuur.

Those are great deals, e.g. 100ml Sandolo for <$40. But international shipping outside the EU is 27 euro ($35). Sandolo is then $75 with shipping. Kind of kills the deal.

I just ordered a sample of Shal Nuur from Perfumed Court last night, really looks interesting.

7. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

Not directly related, but had a great experience with fragrancenet.com over the last two weeks. Ordered 4oz bottles of both VIW and Original Santal from them. Received the package last monday. The VIW was completely legit, but the Santal was determined to be a fake. I contacted fragrancenet, informed them of the bottle not being legit, and was immediately was issued a free-postage return label. Sent the cologne back on Tuesday. This morning, received confirmation that fragrancenet had gotten the Santal back, and they were immediately issuing a 100% refund to me, to be appearing in my paypal account. Great customer service and communication on their part. Also props to them for standing by their 100% authenticity guarantee. Was bummed about the fake Creed, but won't hesitate to buy from them again with such great customer service.

8. jsherman02

jsherman02 Senior member

9. MyTailorIsRich

...the Santal was determined to be a fake.

Curious how you determined it was fake?

10. rioni

rioni Senior member

Today it's Live Jazz

11. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

Curious how you determined it was fake?

Just a combination of a lot of things: probably more strictly speaking it was a piece of grey-market work, but nonetheless, it wasn't 100% authentic as claimed by the site - which the VIW was in every regard.

Inside note card was all in Arabic rather than the traditional English/French/Italian/German texts. The box of the bottle wasn't embossed correctly in comparison to other Santals I've seen (different font, etc). The Creed symbols on the box weren't in line with what I'd been shown by various Creed reps as more or less "anti-counterfeiting patterns." No lot number or anything similar on the bottom of the box. The bottle had no serial number engraved into the back of the bottom. The "Made in Paris" normally raised on the bottom of the bottle was very, very hazy (especially in comparison to the VIW viewed along side it). The bottle came printed with Eau de Toilette printed on its back, despite the box saying Millesime (Creed rep informed me that all of their newer scents, GIT and beyond, are only available in the Millesime concentration, never EDT). And frankly, the smell just didn't line up with what I'd sampled from the Creed counter a few times over the last two months.

Any few of these wouldn't have bothered me (especially for less than %50 retail w/coupon code), but I just couldn't shake all of them together. Probably the selfish prick deep down inside me who needs the real thing to be satisfied.

12. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Today - Nicolai pour homme - very nice and clean scent with a hint of woodsiness. The longevity is pretty impressive as well. I think I'm at 8-9 hours now.

13. Off

Off Member

Today- Ambre Russe. It's a rather rich amber scent with some hints of vodka and spice. Lasts really long too, I can still smell it in my wrists after a good 12 hours now.

14. tps16

tps16 Senior member

15. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Dunhill EdC. For some strange reason it's playing better than usual - a crisp green scent without all the cloying spices I normally get.