Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Dmax, Aug 22, 2007.

1. fungz0r

fungz0r Senior member

Boring acqua di gio for me today. What recommendations do you guys have for me to try out? Just a 20 year old college student so don't break my bank [​IMG]

2. willpower

willpower Senior member

Got a bottle of Creed Aventus recently, but it's just not for me. Would anybody potentially be interested in this? It's a 120ml bottle, which is over 90% full I estimate.

Try it a few more times, especially during warm weather. It takes a bit of getting used to.

3. tps16

tps16 Senior member

Finally some sun and a little warmth today.

Eau d'hermes!

Ah, I love that one! Too bad it's still cold and dreary here today.

Coco edp

4. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

Just got my bottle of Hermes Eau d'Orange Vert Concentre yesterday. Sprays on like fruit loops and oranges, fades to pure 100% awesome. I am addicted to Hermes cologne, I've never gotten so many compliments on scents in my life

I like the sound of this one. Maybe I need to seek out a sample.

5. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

Alexander McQueen Kingdom. Wow! This is really amazing, maybe even an instant top-ten fragrance. The cumin note is very prominent, just as advertised, but it's balanced very nicely by some bright citrus notes. As it dries down, it becomes more like a classic oriental with a sweet vanilla base.

I don't know if Rambo has tried this, but I know exactly how he'd describe it. And he wouldn't be entirely wrong.

6. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

^^ yep, I'm quite fond of it myself, after the first ten minutes.

today: Kouros Fraicheur. Considerably more pleasant than the original.

7. MyTailorIsRich

MyTailorIsRich Senior member

Mugler Cologne for this rainy Friday

8. rach2jlc

rach2jlc Prof. Fabulous Dubiously Honored

Alexander McQueen Kingdom. Wow! This is really amazing, maybe even an instant top-ten fragrance. The cumin note is very prominent, just as advertised, but it's balanced very nicely by some bright citrus notes. As it dries down, it becomes more like a classic oriental with a sweet vanilla base. I don't know if Rambo has tried this, but I know exactly how he'd describe it. And he wouldn't be entirely wrong.
    ^^ yep, I'm quite fond of it myself, after the first ten minutes. today: Kouros Fraicheur. Considerably more pleasant than the original.
    You fellas know I'm all about the stinkers, but Kingdom just didn't do it for me. And I had both the EdP and the Body Creme, because I was convinced I SHOULD like it. I realized, though, that I actually don't like cumin. I like civet as a stinker note, but not cumin. consistently, scents that I THOUGHT I'd really like, I haven't, because of a cumin note. Red Aoud (which I liked), nevertheless had something in it that I said, "what?" Santal Blanc. Diptyque L'autre. Montale Grayland. And the list goes on. Given that I'll be moving soon, I'm down to just a few bottles. Weather was warm, though cloudy, so I did Chamade. I'll give you a random "WTF?" scent for you cumin boys... try Kiss' fragrance, "KISS HIM." You'll say, "Huh?" but it's actually quite unique and stinky, in a not-altogether-unpleasant way. Best cumin I've ever tried, though, was probably Montale Grayland. I think it might be OOP, but it was quite unique. Spicy, hot, and yet fresh and citrusy.

9. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

I'll give you a random "WTF?" scent for you cumin boys... try Kiss' fragrance, "KISS HIM." You'll say, "Huh?" but it's actually quite unique and stinky, in a not-altogether-unpleasant way. Best cumin I've ever tried, though, was probably Montale Grayland. I think it might be OOP, but it was quite unique. Spicy, hot, and yet fresh and citrusy.
    +1 on KISS Him. I'm sometimes embarrassed to admit it, but it's a great cumin scent.

10. rioni

rioni Senior member

Today it's unfortunately Creed Royal Water. Yuck! smells like stale lemons blended with rotton herbs. I'm not exactly sure why anyone would purchase this one.

11. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

Today it's unfortunately Creed Royal Water. Yuck! smells like stale lemons blended with rotton herbs. I'm not exactly sure why anyone would purchase this one.

With a hint of peppermint

12. fungz0r

fungz0r Senior member

Ormonde Jayne Man, it's quite nice

13. PITAronin

PITAronin Senior member

Also doing the Ormande Jayne Man tonight.

14. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Alexander McQueen Kingdom. Wow! This is really amazing, maybe even an instant top-ten fragrance. The cumin note is very prominent, just as advertised, but it's balanced very nicely by some bright citrus notes. As it dries down, it becomes more like a classic oriental with a sweet vanilla base. I don't know if Rambo has tried this, but I know exactly how he'd describe it. And he wouldn't be entirely wrong.
    AHEM.....
    Today I'm trying a sample of TDC Rose Poivre.
    This is going down at #2 on my list of fragrances that make me smell like an unwashed cunt.
    what's #1?
    Alexander McQueen Kingdom
    [​IMG]

15. tps16

tps16 Senior member

Royal English Leather today