1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Dmax, Aug 22, 2007.

1. Dane

Dane Senior Member

put in my $0.02

I fucking hate Creed. I can't read anymore threads talking about Creed...how Creed is expensive, how they want more Creed. Fuck off. Creed smells like balls. [​IMG]

*end of rant*

Wearing Givenchy Vetyver today.

2. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Distinguished Member

wearing Amouage Gold today - this smells like what my mother would wear. something in here's making me feel a little sick. Perfect for someone, but not me.

3. Bill Smith

Bill Smith Distinguished Member

Today's scent is Trufitt and Hill Grafton.

4. rach2jlc

rach2jlc Prof. Fabulous Dubiously Honored

Miss Dior for me today. Despite the name, I really suggest you guys find a sample and try it. NOTE: this isn't "miss dior cherie," but the original one. It's a very unique sort of oriental chypre-ish with a lovely smack of funk underneath. Think Shalimar meets Givenchy III with a hint of mouchoir thrown in for good measure. THOUGH, for full disclosure, whatever the funk is in the Dior is not civet...

5. Rambo

Rambo Stylish Dinosaur

Yesterday - the Cupcake favorite Elixer des Marvelous. I got a little honey and vanilla but nothing overwhelming. Is the EdT version any different?

6. MyTailorIsRich

MyTailorIsRich Senior Member

They're pretty different to my nose: Equipage is more of a powdery thing, while Heritage is a big brassy loudmouth scent. I think there's a big ginger note to Heritage, also found in Caron Third Man.

I didn't get powdery from Equipage. Floral yes, but not powdery. So far the biggest powder scents I have tried were C***d VÃ[​IMG]tiver (1948) and Penhaligon's English Fern. I liked English Fern well into the drydown after the powder abated, but it did take a long time. I thought C***d VÃ[​IMG]tiver was nasty. Baby powder is not a pleasant scent to me.

Terre d'Herme today.

7. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Stylish Dinosaur

Wearing Ungaro II again today. I tried to wear Ungaro III, but I was thwarted by my illiteracy. :-(

8. MyTailorIsRich

MyTailorIsRich Senior Member

Thomas, what is on your new avatar's head? Some kind of meat product?

9. Thomas

Thomas Stylish Dinosaur

I didn't get powdery from Equipage. Floral yes, but not powdery. So far the biggest powder scents I have tried were C***d VÃ[​IMG]tiver (1948) and Penhaligon's English Fern. I liked English Fern well into the drydown after the powder abated, but it did take a long time. I thought C***d VÃ[​IMG]tiver was nasty. Baby powder is not a pleasant scent to me.

Terre d'Herme today.

Hmmm, I was considering trying it again to test, but somewhere in the heartnotes I get a tad queasy. Not worth dealing with again.

Wearing Ungaro II again today. I tried to wear Ungaro III, but I was thwarted by my illiteracy. :-(

Um, aren't the bottles different-colored? [​IMG]

Thomas, what is on your new avatar's head? Some kind of meat product?

Actually, one baguette strapped to each side, and a salad roll on the front. A makeshift helmet/lunch arrangement during the Egyptian revolution.

10. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Stylish Dinosaur

Um, aren't the bottles different-colored? [​IMG]

The bottles that Ungaro uses are indeed different-colored. The bottles that I have them in, however, are exactly the same color. The only difference is in the labels, which I proved unable to read correctly.

11. Dane

Dane Senior Member

Yesterday - the Cupcake favorite Elixer des Marvelous. I got a little honey and vanilla but nothing overwhelming. Is the EdT version any different?

Different than Eau de Merveilles? Yes...very much so.

12. sho'nuff

sho'nuff grrrrrrrr!!

Different than Eau de Merveilles? Yes...very much so.

correct. the eau one is lighter and is a different theme scent . it isnt anything like elixir at all.

13. MrGoodBytes

MrGoodBytes Senior Member

I thought C***d VÃ[​IMG]tiver was nasty. Baby powder is not a pleasant scent to me.

tried that out yesterday and just like all the other creeds, it disappears off my body within an hour tops. Thats the absolute last creed I even bother sampling.

also tried the John Varvatos Vintage yesterday, and really liked it initially but never took note of it after the initial spraying, so :shrug:

back to the tuscan leather for me and I think I'm sticking to that as an every day scent. only reason I'm mentioning it is I switched to some sandlewood soap and the tuscan has taken on a whole nother incarnation. I can't describe it other than its much less coke-y.

14. CologneReview

CologneReview Senior Member

15. Thomas

Thomas Stylish Dinosaur

SOTD: A*Men Pure Havane

hmm, what do you think of that? I'd heard raves about the tobacco element.

Today: Serge Lutens Boxeuses. A sheer, transparent, fruity Russian leather that's not very Russian or Leathery. It IS nice, but considering that it's a non-export bell jar...once my decant is finished, I won't replenish.