Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Dmax, Aug 22, 2007.

1. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

just got my two 0.7 mL vials from luckyscents of SM and they are bigger than 0.7 mL. they are 1.5 mL each.
    that's cool. i paid 3$ for a 0.7 mL vial x2. im going with luckyscent again. i wonder if this is their usual thing or just an mistake anomaly with me?

You have to give us your review!

2. sho'nuff

sho'nuff grrrrrrrr!!

You have to give us your review!

oh wow. i just dabbed myself a bit of it. the initial scent i got was a nice pleasant smell. but i do smell some funky 'aftertaste' sort of notes coming through i cant really distinguish what it is, but it sort of reminds me of this one men's restroom i had to go visit at a strip club my friends all went to during college.
    that is if i were to hold my hand really near me and sniff in deeply. that is what i get.

(and im not trying to be poetic or critical, like most basenote people are just for the sake of the opportunity to describe fragrances. they get all overly negative flowery poetic or overly positive b.s.)

this literally smells like that.

but from afar, i get a decent scent that i feel like there it is coming from something ..i dont want to find out. you know, you find this smell somewhere in someone's house in their bathroom or in their bedroom, but you dont want to find out what it is, it smells a trigger of 'it is ok' or 'nice ' smell but it sigalerts to something perhaps nasty or vile to discover where it is actually coming from.

(and this is no biased write up above because i know what this name is of this fragrance and its reputation. im trying to be objective as possible. and if i didnt know what perfume this was, i would think it is 'off putting' smell myself. but at the same time something nice to it)

i like that challenge in this . i definitely will not douse myself in this at thte offfice. some may think i smell 'off' or something sweetly putrid is reaking out somewhere. some of the older ladies may find it offensive slightly. ..but if they found out it was an intentional perfume scent, who knows..they may deep dark inside get turned -on by it, and in their confusion, they may respond hostiley to me.

edit: i just noticed i typed up a typcial basenote response myself! im being honest though. no b.s.

(continuing to smell my skin, i do see where the saliva and iron /rust sort of note is to be recognized. i guess if you were to say 'sperm', i wouldnt disagree , if this scent was on a scratch n sniff sticker)

here's one thing, i f i were eating and smelt that close -up smell, i would probably lose my appetite sort of. but if i were in a horny moood, this is a killer smell. if i were to strap myself up in leather to the point where im bleeding and walk into some bondage club i would want to smell like this. lo..l

3. sho'nuff

sho'nuff grrrrrrrr!!

now i feel sort of violated as i keep smelling this it is making me feel a little uneasy (almost lightheaded) because my brain expects to interpret fragrance scents as scents that follow you since you put it on. and strange/off putting scents as something that makes me move away from. but it is constantly lingering around me so it is making me feel uneasy and sort of violated. and that off putting emotion now is sort of cool. every once in awhile a whiff of that saliva/sperm sort of stagnant scent comes along and makes me go mhmm..ugh. but it is a 'good' offputting uneasiness.

4. Dane

Dane Senior member

now i feel sort of violated as i keep smelling this it is making me feel a little uneasy (almost lightheaded) because my brain expects to interpret fragrance scents as scents that follow you since you put it on. and strange/off putting scents as something that makes me move away from. but it is constantly lingering around me so it is making me feel uneasy and sort of violated. and that off putting emotion now is sort of cool. every once in awhile a whiff of that saliva/sperm sort of stagnant scent comes along and makes me go mhmm..ugh. but it is a 'good' offputting uneasiness.

It's raping you. Just keep quiet and it'll be over in 8 hours.

5. sho'nuff

sho'nuff grrrrrrrr!!

aw man now it settling into a smell of ..i'll pm you the answer if you ask .

6. L'Incandescent

Please do PM me the answer!

7. PITAronin

PITAronin Senior member

8. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Please do PM me the answer!
    Oooh, oooh, I know the answer!!! Pick me!!!!! An unwashed cunt

9. L'Incandescent

Oooh, oooh, I know the answer!!! Pick me!!!!!

An unwashed cunt

I'm beginning to think that that's your default answer to a wide variety of questions!

Q: What is the formula to determine the area of a circle?
    A: Umm, uhh, unwashed cunt.

10. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

I'm beginning to think that that's your default answer to a wide variety of questions!

Q: What is the formula to determine the area of a circle?
    A: Umm, uhh, unwashed cunt.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!

funny enough, I asked him the time once, and according to his watch, it was half-past unwashed cunt.

11. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

I'm beginning to think that that's your default answer to a wide variety of questions! Q: What is the formula to determine the area of a circle? A: Umm, uhh, unwashed cunt.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!! funny enough, I asked him the time once, and according to his watch, it was half-past unwashed cunt.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

12. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Today SOTD - Idole de Lubin - I remember being impressed with this the last time I sampled it. Now I know why. I really can't make out the notes too well on it but its a very solid masculine/evening style scent. Very nice. Might have to throw this one up on the split thread as well.

13. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Today SOTD - Idole de Lubin - I remember being impressed with this the last time I sampled it. Now I know why. I really can't make out the notes too well on it but its a very solid masculine/evening style scent. Very nice. Might have to throw this one up on the split thread as well.

yep, that one's been on my radar for a while as well.

14. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Today, btw, a 'relaxing' morning at the office (compared to yesterday, replacing a server room AC unit), went with Anvers2. It's really nice, if a tad nondescript and not-quite-compelling.

15. L'Incandescent

Ungaro II today. (Many thanks to Master-Classter!) I can't believe this came onto the market in 1992. And I can't believe it sold more than 100 bottles. It's so out of keeping with the trends of the time. It's a lot like Jicky, just like everyone says, except with a more citrusy, fizzy opening and a lot less of the Jicky fecal note.

The comparison to Jicky got me thinking: do you think there's anything in fragrance that's analogous to the concept of costume in clothing? I love Jicky, but I can't help feeling it's a little "costumey," like I'm walking around in a frock coat.