Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Dmax, Aug 22, 2007.

1. Parker

Parker Senior member Dubiously Honored

Rose 31 again tonight. I'm hooked.

2. CologneReview

CologneReview Senior member

3. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

It was cold this morning, so I went with Amber Absolute. Since it's all but unwearable in the summertime.

4. rach2jlc

rach2jlc Prof. Fabulous Dubiously Honored

It was cold this morning, so I went with Amber Absolute. Since it's all but unwearable in the summertime.
    Yeah, I couldn't imagine wearing that one in the heat. Yikes! vintage Moustache for me today. This is a weird one, but very neat. Starts off almost like a chypre (think old-school Chanel PM), then becomes a little spicy, with a hint of PdN New York/ Boid dP, then finishes off a rather classic fougere with all the lavender/mossy goodness. It's also something like Mouchoir de Monsieur, only I don't believe there is any civet in the Moustache. SO, think Mouchoir, minus the baby poop. Definitely recommended if you don't want a linear development as it goes along, and something a little "old fashioned." I've HEARD the recent formulations cut out some of the funk/spice and inserted more citrus, which would be a shame. As it is, it has that lovely Roudnitska (of eau d'hermes fame) slight funk beneath a rather classic facade. It's also in the same universe as, but I find more refined/less sharp than Eau Sauvage (another Roudnitska creation) Vintage juice, though, is very cheap on the interwebz.

5. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

^^ I may consider having a go at that once I pare back the herd and get through this no-buy that Dane tricked me into. Although I do have to say that it's been interesting to force myself out of the old routines and use the bottles I hardly think about these days. I think a few former keepers will get banished, and a few neglected ones might get back into the spotlight.

6. Dane

Dane Senior member

lot of people think that Satan would smell foul, or, would wear Secretions Magnifiques, or acier aluminium, or something hard to smell like that.

but i believe his fragrance would be the most beautiful and enticing of them all. it would get no negative or neutral reviews on basenotes out of 500 reviewers.

Not quite 500, but Bois des Iles has 33 reviews, and only 1 neutral! Meh.

Wearing Missoni Arancio...surprisingly durable.

7. Dane

Dane Senior member

^^ I may consider having a go at that once I pare back the herd and get through this no-buy that Dane tricked me into. Although I do have to say that it's been interesting to force myself out of the old routines and use the bottles I hardly think about these days. I think a few former keepers will get banished, and a few neglected ones might get back into the spotlight.

*waits for MdM* [​IMG]

8. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

Today I'm wearing a fragrance called Womanity. I think it's the most popular fragrance on SOTD.

9. 1969

1969 Senior member

No way, Creed is the best because they have designed fragrances specifically for Mother Teresa, Gandhi, Charlemagne, and Jesus of Nazereth. Perhaps also for Grock, the greatest clown of all time. You should check out their informative promotional literature.

Yeah, what is this? I was at Saks just fucking around with some Creed Vetiver and the next thing some old hag is going off on me about JFK and Jackio O.

10. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Yeah, what is this? I was at Saks just fucking around with some Creed Vetiver and the next thing some old hag is going off on me about JFK and Jackio O.

LOLOLOL.

11. willpower

willpower Senior member

I always retort to them that truly important individuals like J-Lo wear Silver Mtn Water. Then I bitch about the Ambergris drydown of the Millesimes, to which the SA pulls out a chart trying to argue to the contrary.

12. MyTailorIsRich

MyTailorIsRich Senior member

Wherein SOTD newbie MyTailorIsRich pledges to not use a Creed scent for at least a week. Problem is I am out of new samples and most of my existing ones are Creed. But wait! In my last sample order the guy threw in a couple of freebies. I'll just use one of those today. *Reaches in box and pulls out* Chanel Platinum Égoïste! Just like Satan! I feel the cold hand of evil at work here...suspiciously coincidental Thomas. But this is the most boring fragrence ever and 4 hours later I can barely tell I have it on. I think the universe is safe.

13. sho'nuff

sho'nuff grrrrrrrr!!

ok anyways, i bought a couple of tiny vials of Secretions Magnifiques from luckyscents. cant wait to see if i'll either love it or VOMIT or just spray them on my nards for the pheromone effect at work [​IMG]

just got my two 0.7 mL vials from luckyscents of SM and they are bigger than 0.7 mL. they are 1.5 mL each.
    that's cool. i paid 3$ for a 0.7 mL vial x2. im going with luckyscent again. i wonder if this is their usual thing or just an mistake anomaly with me?

14. Dane

Dane Senior member

I always retort to them that truly important individuals like J-Lo wear Silver Mtn Water. Then I bitch about the Ambergris drydown of the Millesimes, to which the SA pulls out a chart trying to argue to the contrary.

I knew I smelled vomit in there somewhere...although I have a feeling it was never a sperm whale's.

15. rioni

rioni Senior member

+1

The Creed-ness of this thread is starting to stink the place up....I feel BN moving in. [​IMG]