• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

Dane

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sho'nuff
lol so true.
i tell you, i went to the nordstrom, the sales reps there have it all memorized as soon as i point to a bottle or pick it up they knee-jerk exclaim "CARY GRANT!!"
i pick up another bottle ..."KING OF PERSIA!!!"

i was so scared to pick up another bottle!!

...it would have been made for Satan himself, and it would have been called Love in White.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
lot of people think that Satan would smell foul, or, would wear Secretions Magnifiques, or acier aluminium, or something hard to smell like that.

but i believe his fragrance would be the most beautiful and enticing of them all. it would get no negative or neutral reviews on basenotes out of 500 reviewers.

heh, doesn't that describe the reviews for ALL the Creeds on bn?

btw: satan wears Platinum Egoiste.

MyTailorIsRich

Reaction score
lot of people think that Satan would smell foul, or, would wear Secretions Magnifiques, or acier aluminium, or something hard to smell like that. but i believe his fragrance would be the most beautiful and enticing of them all. it would get no negative or neutral reviews on basenotes out of 500 reviewers.
Wow, Satan's fragrance is better than Jesus'! Who would have thought? I am learning so much on S/FOTDT.

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Rose 31 again tonight. I'm hooked.

CologneReview

Reaction score
Encre Noir
Lalique%20Encre%20Noire.jpg

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
It was cold this morning, so I went with Amber Absolute. Since it's all but unwearable in the summertime.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thomas
It was cold this morning, so I went with Amber Absolute. Since it's all but unwearable in the summertime.
Yeah, I couldn't imagine wearing that one in the heat. Yikes! vintage Moustache for me today. This is a weird one, but very neat. Starts off almost like a chypre (think old-school Chanel PM), then becomes a little spicy, with a hint of PdN New York/ Boid dP, then finishes off a rather classic fougere with all the lavender/mossy goodness. It's also something like Mouchoir de Monsieur, only I don't believe there is any civet in the Moustache. SO, think Mouchoir, minus the baby poop. Definitely recommended if you don't want a linear development as it goes along, and something a little "old fashioned." I've HEARD the recent formulations cut out some of the funk/spice and inserted more citrus, which would be a shame. As it is, it has that lovely Roudnitska (of eau d'hermes fame) slight funk beneath a rather classic facade. It's also in the same universe as, but I find more refined/less sharp than Eau Sauvage (another Roudnitska creation) Vintage juice, though, is very cheap on the interwebz.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
^^ I may consider having a go at that once I pare back the herd and get through this no-buy that Dane tricked me into. Although I do have to say that it's been interesting to force myself out of the old routines and use the bottles I hardly think about these days. I think a few former keepers will get banished, and a few neglected ones might get back into the spotlight.

Dane

Reaction score
lot of people think that Satan would smell foul, or, would wear Secretions Magnifiques, or acier aluminium, or something hard to smell like that.

but i believe his fragrance would be the most beautiful and enticing of them all. it would get no negative or neutral reviews on basenotes out of 500 reviewers.

Not quite 500, but Bois des Iles has 33 reviews, and only 1 neutral! Meh.

Wearing Missoni Arancio...surprisingly durable.

Dane

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thomas
^^ I may consider having a go at that once I pare back the herd and get through this no-buy that Dane tricked me into. Although I do have to say that it's been interesting to force myself out of the old routines and use the bottles I hardly think about these days. I think a few former keepers will get banished, and a few neglected ones might get back into the spotlight.

*waits for MdM*
bounce2.gif

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Today I'm wearing a fragrance called Womanity. I think it's the most popular fragrance on SOTD.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by L'Incandescent
No way, Creed is the best because they have designed fragrances specifically for Mother Teresa, Gandhi, Charlemagne, and Jesus of Nazereth. Perhaps also for Grock, the greatest clown of all time. You should check out their informative promotional literature.

Yeah, what is this? I was at Saks just ******* around with some Creed Vetiver and the next thing some old hag is going off on me about JFK and Jackio O.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by 1969
Yeah, what is this? I was at Saks just ******* around with some Creed Vetiver and the next thing some old hag is going off on me about JFK and Jackio O.

LOLOLOL.

willpower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by 1969

I always retort to them that truly important individuals like J-Lo wear Silver Mtn Water. Then I ***** about the Ambergris drydown of the Millesimes, to which the SA pulls out a chart trying to argue to the contrary.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads