Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Dmax, Aug 22, 2007.

1. MyTailorIsRich

MyTailorIsRich Senior member

Creed Silver Mountain Water today. fresh, green, a little leather note. Not unpleasant, but not very exciting. Very low key. I don't understand why this seems to be so popular.

2. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Senior member

double post

3. Master-Classter

try spray a bit on your clothes.
    consider olifactory fatigue - try spray only on your wrists, not chest and see if you still smell it after a while.
    consider that it may come and go.
    otherwise, yes, it happens. I bought a bottle and find i get no more then 2-3 hours out of it. Just depends on the person.

Re TF TL - try get in on a FLACON split. You can often get the same 50ml of juice without the official packaging and markup for half of the retail. Eg Tob Van 30ml $66 -

Creed Silver Mountain Water today. fresh, green, a little leather note. Not unpleasant, but not very exciting. Very low key. I don't understand why this seems to be so popular.
    I think it's a few notes that make it interesting. There's a certain 'cold' metalic note, and personally I like the blackcurrent/berry note. It's not amazing IMO, but somewhat interesting. Would I use a bottle? probably not. a 10ml decant? Sure.

4. boo

boo Senior member

thought I would chime in here as I've been jumping in on a number of the splits.

so I picked up some green irish tweed because the woman says every time she smells that on someone she just wants to go home and masterbate....

I hate reading stuff like this. Suddenly, I feel that I desperately need to buy a bottle.

TMI [​IMG]

5. MrGoodBytes

MrGoodBytes Senior member

try spray a bit on your clothes.
    consider olifactory fatigue - try spray only on your wrists, not chest and see if you still smell it after a while.
    consider that it may come and go.
    otherwise, yes, it happens. I bought a bottle and find i get no more then 2-3 hours out of it. Just depends on the person.

thanks for the advice, I'll certainly be giving that a try. It just struck me off guard because I've never had a cologne behave like that on me.

6. rach2jlc

rach2jlc Prof. Fabulous Dubiously Honored

thanks for the advice, I'll certainly be giving that a try. It just struck me off guard because I've never had a cologne behave like that on me.

Your skin may also be dry; a non-scented lotion or oil on your skin after your shower, and before you apply your fragrance, might help with longevity.

Creed is often chided for problems with longevity, but usually these are overblown. The fragrance is usually still there, it often just doesn't have the projection, and olfactory fatigue probably is keeping you from getting the rest. Try the moisturizer option and you'll be fine.

7. Dane

Dane Senior member

I hate reading stuff like this. Suddenly, I feel that I desperately need to buy a bottle.
    Doesn't mean GTI turns girls on...it just means that particular girl is a whore. [​IMG] --- If anyone wants their cologne to last longer, spray it on your forearm...hair keeps fragrance longer than skin.

8. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

Should arrive soon buddy!

My mom loves Rose and big florals so I was betting on Nahema for a birthday present but when she smelled a sample she just said 'meh'... I'm surprised. You tried No.22?

Nahema has grown on me. I think my first response was "meh" too. Some days it just seems like the perfect fragrance to wear.

I haven't tried Chanel No. 22 yet, but I really have to. Insofar as you can actually tell anything from the pyramid, it looks like something I should like a lot.

9. Bill Smith

Bill Smith Senior member

Today's scent is Trufitt and Hill Grafton.

10. MrGoodBytes

MrGoodBytes Senior member

Doesn't mean GTI turns girls on...it just means that particular girl is a whore. [​IMG]

don't be jealous.

11. Master-Classter

Creed - Royal Water. I'm getting a mineraly/metal note plus I think violet and a little sweetness. Smells like something my mother would wear, not for me. The good news is, it'll be gone in a couple of hours!

12. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Spring has pretty well arrived for us, so I couldn't decide whether to go with a last-dance winter scent, or jump into spring already. I wound up going with something I've not worn in forever: Cuiron.

13. Dane

Dane Senior member

Spring-like here too...so I went the opposite route with Ambre Soie. Would very much like a whole bottle of this.

14. Chace

Chace Active Member

Awesome spring-like weather today - going to try Geo F. Trumper Bay Rum for a change.

15. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

Sa Majeste La Rose.