Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Dmax, Aug 22, 2007.

1. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

Just curious. Anyone here a fan of Creed Orange Spice? I was up in the Midwest recently and found it to be a nice little fragrange on cold blustery days.

I know Orange Spice is popular with a lot of the SOTD regulars. It's a really good scent, and quite a bit unlike most other Creeds. I don't wear it much myself because I actually like Kouros better. Orange Spice is like Kouros plus orange.

2. Dane

Dane Senior member

Blue? By cool I mean a generally wearable (it's actually really heavy on the cedar), not fresh if that's what you mean.
    I knew what you meant. I stand by my original response.

3. Dane

Dane Senior member

Just curious. Anyone here a fan of Creed Orange Spice? I was up in the Midwest recently and found it to be a nice little fragrange on cold blustery days.

Agree with the comment above...Kouros+orange (same perfumer if you're curious).

I happen to prefer OS to Kouros, but for the price difference, I'd take the latter.

4. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

^^ how would you compare that to Bigarade? I'm looking at getting a bottle of Concentree D'Orange but already have Terre D'Hermes and some Bigarade, plus some declaration so I'm not sure if it's redundent.
    I was talking with Baron about it a few pages back. Its really hit or miss with me. Some days I think it smells like the sexiest fucking thing ever. Other days, it annoys the shit out of me. I really can't make up my mind. I'll probably end up posting it in the split thread and saving 10ml or some shit.
    I remember Cravate being a fan. I was underwhelmed when I tried it on. So, par for the course when it comes to Creeds. Today - LV Piper Nigrum - This is another one on my "to buy" list. I still need to try the SE LeLabo but this is really the bee's knees.

5. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

6. PITAronin

PITAronin Senior member

+1 on the Villoresi Piper Nigrum.

7. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Yeah, the LV Piper was quite good iirc.

Today: Le Labo Oud 27. I keep thinking I need to wear this in the cold months, but it's not so heavy that I can't wear it in the warmer months as well.

8. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Senior member

SOTD - K10, just checking I like this stuff and turns out I do, and there's a split... the universe is conspiring against Mr. Wallet

9. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

SOTD - K10, just checking I like this stuff and turns out I do, and there's a split... the universe is conspiring against Mr. Wallet

I ought to wear that again soon, my window for wearing it is starting to close.

10. Dane

Dane Senior member

K10 was one of those that smelled fantastic the first time...then gradually became less and less interesting. Still, it's a solid scent and I wouldn't give my bottle away.

Wearing CDG2 today. Nice balance of aldehydes and chewing-on-tinfoil.

11. TintoTerra

TintoTerra Senior member

Getting a little tired of wearing all these heavy scents lately. Need something lighter as I'm tired of the sudden (percieved) 'sillage bloom' that accompanies my mid-day gym visits.

12. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

Delicious Closet Queen today.

13. Dane

Dane Senior member

Getting a little tired of wearing all these heavy scents lately. Need something lighter as I'm tired of the sudden (percieved) 'sillage bloom' that accompanies my mid-day gym visits.

That happened to me the other day...someone asked if I had just sprayed something on...like I bring a bottle with me to the treadmill.

14. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

It happens with pretty well anything for me, but the heavier scents definitely get more notice. Sometimes I get bloom at the end of the day, when I have to pick up anything or move around a lot.

Happened with Le Male one time: disappeared around 10 a.m. and came back on the drive home. Still not sure how that happened.

15. MyTailorIsRich

MyTailorIsRich Senior member

Acqua di Giò pour Homme today. I am new to scents and am trying to work through the popular/obvious ones. I find Acqua di Giò pleasant, but pretty bland as well. Not offensive but not very interesting either.