Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Dmax, Aug 22, 2007.

1. CologneReview

CologneReview Senior member

2. RegisDB9

RegisDB9 Rico Suave

Creed Virgin Island Water

3. willpower

willpower Senior member

Daim Blond. Me no like. Not bad, though.

4. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Yesterday - ELdO Tom of Finland - I can't for the life of me figure out what the notes are in this. All I know is that I like it and want it. This scent turns me into Fleece Johnson.

Today - Ormonde Man - Damn it. One of those days where I don't like it.

5. aq81

aq81 Member

Tom Ford Tuscan Leather, can't get any better in the cold weather

6. Dane

Dane Senior member

Yesterday - ELdO Tom of Finland - I can't for the life of me figure out what the notes are in this. All I know is that I like it and want it. This scent turns me into Fleece Johnson.

Today - Ormonde Man - Damn it. One of those days where I don't like it.

To my nose - aldehydes, lemon, and suede. Great stuff.

Givenchy Vetyver today. Too subtle. Too bad.

7. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Today: Chanel Egoiste (again) and in a nod to Valentine's Day, I added a spray of Kiehl's Original Musk. why...I have no idea.

8. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Today: Chanel Egoiste (again) and in a nod to Valentine's Day, I added a spray of Kiehl's Original Musk. why...I have no idea.
    Clearly, this signifies the fact that you're a hopeless romantic. That, or you're trying to replicate the smell of the bug spray you had on the first time you and Mrs. Thomas went camping.

9. Dane

Dane Senior member

Givenchy Vetyver for me again today. [​IMG]

10. Dane

Dane Senior member

Clearly, this signifies the fact that you're a hopeless romantic. That, or you're trying to replicate the smell of the bug spray you had on the first time you and Mrs. Thomas went camping.

Or he wants to smell crotchety.

11. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

ELdO Rossy de Palma

12. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Senior member

Jasmin et Cigarette. I've never been a big fan of this one, but for some reason I'm liking it quite a bit today.
    Hmmm, just got a bottle of that. So far very underwhelmed. I'll give it a shot again in a few days, thanks for the reminder.
    Got a few new bottles in a swap today...wearing CDG2, Chanel No. 22, and Givenchy Vetyver. ...yes, all of them...I got a little excited.
    I saw so many good reviews of GV but found it very underwhelming. Maybe I missed something?
    I got a chance to sniff Michael for Men yesterday, and I was absolutely wowed by it. I just wish I had discovered it earlier in the winter because I'm betting it's going to be a bit much when things warm up.
    Starts off too strong but overall i really like that one. Can be found for pretty cheap and it's a nice fruity tobacco leather thing. Nice work, although a little too sweet at times.
    Creed Virgin Island Water
    I'm about to pull the trigger on a bottle... I hear complaints of longevity. What's been your experience with it?

Today - Jubilation XXV, nice scent but it seems to lack longevity. Anyone else find that or is it just me?

13. Dane

Dane Senior member

Hmmm, just got a bottle of that. So far very underwhelmed. I'll give it a shot again in a few days, thanks for the reminder.

I saw so many good reviews of GV but found it very underwhelming. Maybe I missed something?

Starts off too strong but overall i really like that one. Can be found for pretty cheap and it's a nice fruity tobacco leather thing. Nice work, although a little too sweet at times.

I'm about to pull the trigger on a bottle... I hear complaints of longevity. What's been your experience with it?

Today - Jubilation XXV, nice scent but it seems to lack longevity. Anyone else find that or is it just me?

Givenchy Vetyver is VERY subtle...good...but not much presence.

Virgin Island Water is gross. GROSS. Period. No discussion. Get Bronze Goddess if you want to smell like a sweaty teenage girl who doesn't shower after she goes to the beach at a nasty resort in Cancun. [​IMG]

If you're finding XXV lacking in longevity, your nose is tired. Or you're anosmic to that crazy woody amber in the base. It lasts for days on me.

ps - I have a travel bottle of Vetiver Tonka for you.

14. willpower

willpower Senior member

Just the opposite for me. That dried fruit in ambery/sandalwood punch scent lasts for 24hrs. If only more fragrances were so tenacious. Oh yeah, I'm wearing Signoricci today. Kind of a polite YSL Pour Homme. Not bad, but sort of meek.

15. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Senior member

sorry, total brain-blank moment. I meant PROJECTION on Jubilation XXV, the longevity is excellent. Anyone have problems with Projection of this bad boy?