Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Dmax, Aug 22, 2007.

1. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

(...)

What's a "green" rose?

You use them in fried green rosematoes.

2. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

You use them in fried green rosematoes.
    [​IMG]

3. DaBatMan

DaBatMan Senior member

D&G... The One Gentleman. Enough Said!

4. Dukes1982

Dukes1982 New Member

D&G... The One Gentleman. Enough Said!

love that!

5. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

What's a "green" rose?

I just mean a rose fragrance that also has some green notes. Sort of like a rose along with the stem.

Completely unrelated, but I recall that you were going to order some samples of Secretions Magnifiques and Encens et Bubblegum. Did you ever do that? What did you think?

6. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

I just mean a rose fragrance that also has some green notes. Sort of like a rose along with the stem. Completely unrelated, but I recall that you were going to order some samples of Secretions Magnifiques and Encens et Bubblegum. Did you ever do that? What did you think?
    I thought you might have meant a rose + a vetiver sort of scent. I was going to order them from Lucky Scent but they happened to be out of samples in several of the fragrances that I wanted. Now that I'm running the splits I think I'll probably end up doing it that way. Might be easier. The Amouage Dia man isn't as overpowering, or exciting, as the Epic.

7. ratratan

ratratan Active Member

anyone like carolina herrera chic? the sa at the store said it was their best seller. i brushed her off since i remember it had 3 stars in the guide with comments like fresh mishmash or every masculine made in the last 20 years or something.

my next choice on my try list is dunhill black.

i stuck to 3 star frags in my browsing since i wasn't looking for an elegant classy fume...

8. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Senior member

I think chanel 19 is a pretty green rose, incase you guys are looking for that.

today - left hand L'Occitane Vetyver (btw what the difference between vetiver and vetyver?)
    right hand Noir de Noir (still can't decide if it's too fem.)

9. musicguy

musicguy Senior member

Went to Bergdorf today and tried some fragrances to my heart's content. Tried Oud Wood and didn't really like it... I really liked the Kilian fragrances I tried. Perhaps it's because I haven't tried many floral fragrances for men. The two I tried were very floral but really high quality. Liasons Dangerous is really nice. It's hard for me to pinpoint the notes. Prelude to Love was gorgeous. Smells like orange blossoms and green tea. Really lovely. Anyone have experiences with Kilian?

10. rioni

rioni Senior member

ya, wearing taste of heaven again today [​IMG] I think the Killians are abit overpriced for what you get imo.
    Went to Bergdorf today and tried some fragrances to my heart's content. Tried Oud Wood and didn't really like it... I really liked the Kilian fragrances I tried. Perhaps it's because I haven't tried many floral fragrances for men. The two I tried were very floral but really high quality. Liasons Dangerous is really nice. It's hard for me to pinpoint the notes. Prelude to Love was gorgeous. Smells like orange blossoms and green tea. Really lovely. Anyone have experiences with Kilian?

11. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

ya, wearing taste of heaven again today [​IMG] I think the Killians are abit overpriced for what you get imo.
    Boy that's an understatement right there.

12. boo

boo Senior member

Boy that's an understatement right there.

If you don't care about presentation, you buy refills of single 100ml or four 7.5ml bottles at more reasonable prices from the Saks website without having to provide proof of ownership of the original spray bottle. Of course, $230 for a 100ml bottle isn't exactly bargain basement.

13. Baron

Baron Senior member Dubiously Honored

I think chanel 19 is a pretty green rose, incase you guys are looking for that.

Aramis 900 is an excellent green rose.

14. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

Kiton Napoli. I find myself reaching for this one more often in the spring, and it feels a little like spring in STL today. (I was tempted to break out my pink pants, but I thought that would be getting ahead of myself a bit!)

15. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

FM Vetiver Extraordinaire today. I really have a love hate relationship with this. Some days its awful, some days its great.