Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Dmax, Aug 22, 2007.

1. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Caron L'anarchiste today. Meh.

From Caron, I suggest Yatagan. Perhaps Pour Une Homme if you want a genteel lavender/vanilla.

2. upr_crust

upr_crust Senior member

Yesterday - Floris Elite

Today - Penhaligon Esprit de Roi

3. Xericx

Xericx Senior member

Donna karan fuel today.

I'm glad they reissued it, although it was hard to find.

4. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

Amouage Jubilation XXV today. (Thanks, rioni!) This is different from what I expected. I expected an incensy, resiny, smoky Oriental. And it certainly is that. But there's also a very, very sweet fruity note--date I think--that dominates in the opening. I'm not sure whether I like that note or not. My first inclination is to say no, but it's growing on me a little bit.

5. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Senior member

^^ I think it's got some kind of blueberry or blackberry note. I agree, it was also a lot more fruity then i was expecting and while certainly does a lot with the incense component i wouldn't call it an incense frag.

6. Baron

Baron Senior member Dubiously Honored

From Caron, I suggest Yatagan. Perhaps Pour Une Homme if you want a genteel lavender/vanilla.

Like you said about Equipage, I think I wear this one when you remind me about it by wearing it yourself. It has been warm here for a week or so and I've been avoiding the big winter scents.

Vintage Guerlain Vetiver edc today.

7. Dane

Dane Senior member

Looks like the TF Private Blends are making a strong showing in SOTD after the savage assaults by Dane and Rach! [​IMG]

It's not my fault they're overpriced crap! Rebrand, sell for $79.99 and we'll talk. [​IMG]

Testing the new Dior Couturier collection...some of the boys on here might like their Vetiver, will no doubt *love* Leather Oud (yawn), and Granville is a great dandifier. Not a bad set...a few duds, but not bad overall.

8. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Where are they going to be selling the new Dior's? I haven't seen them in any stores yet.

9. rach2jlc

rach2jlc Prof. Fabulous Dubiously Honored

It's not my fault they're overpriced crap! Rebrand, sell for $79.99 and we'll talk. [​IMG]
    +1. TF can dress up Estee lauder and Zegna as much as he wants, but that fancy Toyota badged a "lexus" ain't ne'er going to be a Bugatti. [​IMG] Givenchy Gentleman today, layered with an Aoud from Saudi Arabia. The Aoud tempers the somewhat foul/sour vetiver/civet note, and makes the whole blend rather more Montale-with-a-kick and less Kouros-after-dark.

10. Hartmann

Hartmann Senior member

Yesterday: C & S Oxford & Cambridge.
    Today: maybe something by YSL

11. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Testing the new Dior Couturier collection...some of the boys on here might like their Vetiver, will no doubt *love* Leather Oud (yawn), and Granville is a great dandifier. Not a bad set...a few duds, but not bad overall.

Hmmm, Leather Oud has gotten a lot of trippingly-fawning press as of late. Montale's Leather Oud, OTOH was so revoltingly bad that I decided that the combination would never, ever ever ever work, and just seeing those two terms together makes my nose curl in disgust.

Where are they going to be selling the new Dior's? I haven't seen them in any stores yet.

I believe they are exclusive to the Dior boutiques. That said, for being exclusive-types, they seem to strangely economical - even more so than the Chanels. I certainly hope this is the new direction.

Anyway, speaking of leather scents, today I went with Knize Ten.

12. Dane

Dane Senior member

What Thomas said...only in Dior boutiques (also for sale on their site btw).

Leather Oud is nice...you might actually like Thomas as you have a thing for Le Labo's.

Keep in mind that Montale has two oud-leathers...Aoud Leather (bad) and Oud Cuir d'Arabie (good).

Wearing New Look 1947 today...beautiful...girly...but I'm still going to wear it.

13. upr_crust

upr_crust Senior member

Guerlain Heritage (it's cold enough in NYC to warrant it . . .)

14. boo

boo Senior member

15. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

TF Black Orchid. I should really wear this more. I think I sometimes neglect the fragrances I have full bottles of because I'm having fun trying samples. I bought the full bottles for a reason!