Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Dmax, Aug 22, 2007.

1. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Cross-posting this from the Split thread:

I want to gauge some interest in any splits from Ormonde Jayne or Etat Liberte d'Orage. If you're interested in getting in on any of their particular scents either post here or PM me. If there is enough interest I'm going to place multiple orders for splittage.

I know people have mentioned Ormonde Man and Zizan before. How about the ELdO's? Anything in particular fit your all's fancy?

2. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

I'm thinking about buying a bigger sample of tuscan leather and am stuck between the 5 ml spray on bottle and the 5 ml roll on bottle.

As it stands now, I have the 1 ml bottle which forces me to 'paint' the frag on with the 'brush' and I actually like that.. gives you more control, if you will. So, I am inclined towards getting the roll-on bottle.. any reasons as to why that wouldn't be advisable?

3. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

4. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Today, an overcast, dreary, chilly day, so I went with the comfort blanket of SL Chergui.

5. rioni

rioni Senior member

Dior Homme today

6. Dane

Dane Senior member

Eau Radieuse by Humiecki today. Done sampling this line now. Happy with the one I have...don't need any of the others methinks.

7. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Eau Radieuse by Humiecki today. Done sampling this line now. Happy with the one I have...don't need any of the others methinks.

I read that as Eau Radishe. No wonder you didn't go for it. blech!

8. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Senior member

left wrist New Haarlem, right wrist Rochas Man. I think the Rochas has some sort of licorice or anise note or something that's not doing it for me. the Haarlem is a bit sharper and (mind of matter?) feels more refined.

9. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Senior member

I'm thinking about buying a bigger sample of tuscan leather and am stuck between the 5 ml spray on bottle and the 5 ml roll on bottle.
    As it stands now, I have the 1 ml bottle which forces me to 'paint' the frag on with the 'brush' and I actually like that.. gives you more control, if you will. So, I am inclined towards getting the roll-on bottle.. any reasons as to why that wouldn't be advisable?

I prefer atomizers. Roll ons either leak while moving them/storing, or they dump the stuff all over your wrist (they work much better for oils), and you pollute the juice with all kinds of junk like dead skin, dust, etc... I say go for an atomizer.

PS - call up a couple of Neiman's or walk into any Saks, Bergdorf, Neimans etc and get one of their 4ml samples. If you pick up a couple of those you're good to go for months potentially. This juice it pretty potent.

10. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

ELdO Charogne today.

11. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Cross-posting this from the Split thread: I want to gauge some interest in any splits from Ormonde Jayne or Etat Liberte d'Orage. If you're interested in getting in on any of their particular scents either post here or PM me. If there is enough interest I'm going to place multiple orders for splittage. I know people have mentioned Ormonde Man and Zizan before. How about the ELdO's? Anything in particular fit your all's fancy?
    Did you guys all pass on by this?

12. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Did you guys all pass on by this?
    I kinda got talked into a no-buy thing for the first quarter (really leaning this way anyhow), and along the way I really ought to shed a few scents I no longer wear or even like. I'm kinda going through the last-chance wearings at the moment and trying to decide what goes. Right now Equipage is on the 'jettison' list. Not that it's bad, but it makes me queasy at times and that just is not doing it for me. Perhaps at EOQ I'll be in for something - and when I say 'something' I mean 'Ormonde Man'.

13. Dane

Dane Senior member

^^ I'm the one who talked him into it! Sorry!

Either way, I have all the Etat's I like...and none of the OJ's really do it for me at the moment. [​IMG]

14. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

^^ I'm the one who talked him into it! Sorry!

Either way, I have all the Etat's [​IMG]

Fixed for accuracy. Or so it seems!

15. TintoTerra

TintoTerra Senior member

Wearing moss breches today