Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Dmax, Aug 22, 2007.

1. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

Some fragrances will certainly "read" more feminine and others more masculine. But that's a matter of cultural interpretation that changes a lot over time. There's a very wide range of fragrances that are perfectly wearable for men and women, including classic feminines like Chanel No. 5 and Shalimar. That said, I would feel uncomfortable wearing fragrances like Creed Spring Flower or Guerlain Champs-Elysees, which are feminine in an excessively sweet, girly way. (Just as I would feel uncomfortable wearing a purple hoodie with unicorns bejeweled onto it.)

I'm wearing Womanity today!

2. Dane

Dane Senior member

Some fragrances will certainly "read" more feminine and others more masculine. But that's a matter of cultural interpretation that changes a lot over time. There's a very wide range of fragrances that are perfectly wearable for men and women, including classic feminines like Chanel No. 5 and Shalimar. That said, I would feel uncomfortable wearing fragrances like Creed Spring Flower or Guerlain Champs-Elysees, which are feminine in an excessively sweet, girly way. (Just as I would feel uncomfortable wearing a purple hoodie with unicorns bejeweled onto it.)

I'm wearing Womanity today!

I'd feel uncomfortable wearing Spring Flowers or Champs-Elysees because they're bad. [​IMG]

3. TintoTerra

TintoTerra Senior member

Wearing LL Poivre 23 today. I love it! It's a bit reminiscent of Patchouli 24 in that it has a smokey warmth about it, but it's more accessible if that makes sense.

4. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Wearing LL Poivre 23 today. I love it! It's a bit reminiscent of Patchouli 24 in that it has a smokey warmth about it, but it's more accessible if that makes sense.
    I really need to find a cheap sample of this. Too bad Lucky Scent doesn't sample this one.

5. Parker

Parker Senior member Dubiously Honored

Creed Vetiver today.

6. fungz0r

fungz0r Senior member

Decided to test TF Moss Breches today, undecided about it. I find it too sweet at first, but once it settled i think it's great

7. M0N0GRAM

M0N0GRAM Member

Bleu De Chanel is my favorite.

8. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

ech, one of those city exclusives. If I ever make it back to London, I'll have to hit up both Le Labo and Ormonde Jayne. Could be catastrophically expensive.

today: a blustery cold evening, followed by a cold morning, and I was so undecided about what to wear - so much I've not even sniffed in forever. So I went with CDG Avignon and then added some Kiehl's Musk.

9. Dane

Dane Senior member

Bleu De Chanel is my favorite.

Why??? [​IMG]

Le Feu d'Issey for me today. Milky goodness.

10. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Senior member

^^ ever tried the Izzey Bleu one?

today, an unmarked/faded sample from the box, pretty sure it's Cannabis Rose.

11. L'Incandescent

Why??? [​IMG]

Le Feu d'Issey for me today. Milky goodness.

If you enjoy milk that's three weeks past its expiration date!

Twill Rose for me today. A very pleasant, soft rose, but probably not bottle-worthy.

12. Dane

Dane Senior member

^^ ever tried the Izzey Bleu one?

today, an unmarked/faded sample from the box, pretty sure it's Cannabis Rose.

Yes...not dissimilar (is that a word?), but not nearly as good.

If you enjoy milk that's three weeks past its expiration date!

Twill Rose for me today. A very pleasant, soft rose, but probably not bottle-worthy.

That's why I love it!! [​IMG]

Twill Rose...pleasant???? Whaaaaaaa??? That stuff is pure skank on me...nasty filthy little thing, and not in the good way.

13. L'Incandescent

Twill Rose...pleasant???? Whaaaaaaa??? That stuff is pure skank on me...nasty filthy little thing, and not in the good way.

Are we talking about the same fragrance? If I were to pick a fragrance that no one would ever describe as skanky, I might just pick Twill Rose. To me it's a delicate, inoffensive, somewhat sweet rose.

I'm beginning to worry, though: just within the last week or so, two fragrances that I like a fair bit--Twill Rose and Rose Poivree--were described by others as skanky. (Rambo described the latter as smelling like unwashed lady parts.) Maybe there's something that I'm missing, but that everyone around me is not!

14. jslade

jslade Senior member

I'm wearing Armani Code today. One of my all-time favorites. [​IMG]

15. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Are we talking about the same fragrance? If I were to pick a fragrance that no one would ever describe as skanky, I might just pick Twill Rose. To me it's a delicate, inoffensive, somewhat sweet rose.

I'm beginning to worry, though: just within the last week or so, two fragrances that I like a fair bit--Twill Rose and Rose Poivree--were described by others as skanky. (Rambo described the latter as smelling like unwashed lady parts.) Maybe there's something that I'm missing, but that everyone around me is not!

I kinda feel the same way when I'm wearing Kingdom, Kouros, or Mouchoir de Monsieur. Like everyone else smells something rank, but I don't - and it's me.