Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Dmax, Aug 22, 2007.

1. willpower

willpower Senior member

received my bottle of Creed Aventus and tried it on as well...mixed reviews on this one.
    Requires several wearings to get it. It's nowhere near as boisterous as Original Santal.
    It's Amouage Jubilation XXV today.
    Nice.

2. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Be careful. I used it for 6 months and lost all the good bacteria (or something) in my armpits for a while. My armpits became so dry and parched. It was really awful. I switched to Tom's of Maine and have been using it for years, but it doesn't work that well. I'm trying out the crystal again. I've been using it for three days and my armpits are fantastically dry.
    How would the crystal have killed the bacteria under your arm? [​IMG] What didn't you like about Tom's?
    Went with HdP 1725 today
    What's this?
    It's Amouage Jubilation XXV today.
    How's this?

3. musicguy

musicguy Senior member

How would the crystal have killed the bacteria under your arm? [​IMG] What didn't you like about Tom's?
    I don't know about the bacteria part, but that's my hypothesis. Perhaps my skin got too dry. Regardless, something made my skin painfully parched under both armpits. I stopped using the crystal and it went away. Then I used it a month later and the same thing happened. I did the starting and stopping for a few months until I realized I couldn't do the crystal. I still smell with Tom's. My BO smells. Asians are lucky... I'm trying the crystal again. I hope it doesn't cause the same problem because I don't smell at all now and I love it.

4. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

I've heard that Arm & Hammer natural unscented isn't half bad. I'm trying the "liquid" crystal right now. It takes a bit getting used to and I don't think it holds up as well as the solid crystal in the "no smells" department.

5. Dane

Dane Senior member

Multiple Rouge for me today.

Has anyone tried the new Dior collection? Leather Oud, etc. etc. Ordered samples, but they're taking forever.

6. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Multiple Rouge for me today.

Has anyone tried the new Dior collection? Leather Oud, etc. etc. Ordered samples, but they're taking forever.

I could probably cadge a sample of Leather Oud from Mando (who adores it whole-heartedly), but I'm really not in the market for a new love for the next few months. I know there's a Dior boutique uptown but cannot bring myself to visit them.

7. boo

boo Senior member

Bleecker Street today

Montale black aoud.. Thanks to boo who hooked it up.

You're welcome [​IMG]

...What's this?

I was lazy to type it out: Histoires de Parfums 1725. A must sample if you like licorice/anise.

8. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Oh - Chanel PM.

I was in a hurry to get moving today so I forgot to spray anything before leaving, but I had a decant of PM in my backpack...so now my truck also smells of Chanel Pour Monsieur.

9. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

is there any credence to the idea of masculine and feminine scents?

10. CologneReview

CologneReview Senior member

SOTD : D&G Pour Homme

One spot left in the split of Creed Aventus

11. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Some say it's purely a marketing-driven issue. I, however, think that there are some scents too femme for me to wear, and I know a few women who find some scents too butch. So it's a personal call - but I would also agree that there's a vast swath of scents that can easily be worn by both genders.

12. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Some say it's purely a marketing-driven issue. I, however, think that there are some scents too femme for me to wear, and I know a few women who find some scents too butch. So it's a personal call - but I would also agree that there's a vast swath of scents that can easily be worn by both genders.
    +1 There are no "woman's" scents, just scents that make you smell like a woman. SMN Musk today - this is a powdery musk with a little note of spice in there. Not really musky but not bad. Going in the swap box.

13. Dane

Dane Senior member

No. Wear what you like.

14. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Senior member

I think it's a matter of preference, not rules. I equate it to food... is a steak manly and a salad womanly, well sort of. But you waiter shouldn't scoff at your order. If you like it, enjoy it. note - this is not the same as clothing in many cases where it's more then just cloth. there's a functional aspect and certain body shapes etc to be taken into account. What i've found though in any sort of artistic medium is at the far extreme creative end, concepts like gender are less important. Yesterday Tom Ford AA, today I still smell like the stuff, so Lutens Ambre Sultan for a different angle. i still don't like the whole vegetal/herbal addition.

15. Hartmann

Hartmann Senior member

I still smell with Tom's. My BO smells. Asians are lucky...
    The lemongrass Tom's starts to smell raunchy after a while. I had to throw it out because it would be worse than my BO on some days... I use this German roll-on deodorant now whose name I can't remember. It's meh.