Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Dmax, Aug 22, 2007.

1. musicguy

musicguy Senior member

Tuscan Leather again. Loving it. Reminds me of a refined Fahrenheit.

2. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

L'ap TdB is very nice, and quite unique. A real fragrance chameleon, but in a good way (changes character a lot from top to dry down.) Enjoy!
    I decided to go with that one and another sample of SL Muscs Koubla Kahn since I can't even remember what my last sample smelled like on me. Did you guys know that Aedes is charging shipping based on price now? Fucking $15 for the Musc Ravageur bottle today.

3. IndianBoyz

IndianBoyz Senior member

I wanna try a sample of Brut?

4. Dane

Dane Senior member

I wanna try a sample of Brut?

Was that a question or a comment?

Wearing Bvlgari Black. [​IMG]

5. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

6. rach2jlc

rach2jlc Prof. Fabulous Dubiously Honored

I decided to go with that one and another sample of SL Muscs Koubla Kahn since I can't even remember what my last sample smelled like on me. Did you guys know that Aedes is charging shipping based on price now? Fucking $15 for the Musc Ravageur bottle today.
    Yikes! Didn't know that about the shipping $$$. That's no good! As for MKK... people always seemed to think it was so foul, but I really didn't find it nearly so "OMG FOUL!" as people thought. And, I thought A McQ Kingdom was foul. MKK wasn't something I'd really wear much, but for a person who otherwise likes Jicky, Kielh's Musk, HL EdP, etc., it'll probably be a hit. Nevertheless, I'm one of the few people who admit to not really liking Lutens very much as a house. I've had a number of bottles, and they all just feel TOO MUCH to me. Never really the right balance for my nose, though because they kept getting such attention, I kept giving them chances thinking something must be wrong with me. Miel de bois was the only one I found "neat," but it too was too much... and they ranged all the way down to putrid (Santal Blanc.) Chergui, Fumerie Turque, Cedre, Arabie, and several others were just "meh" to me.

7. colabear

colabear Senior member

marc jacobs grapefruit splash + marc jacobs classic = I smell like pina coladas

8. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Strangely, I considered Black today but it seems that the last couple of times I wore it, I wound up in a major funk for the next couple of days.

9. rach2jlc

marc jacobs grapefruit splash + marc jacobs classic = I smell like pina coladas
    Anytime somebody brings up grapefruit I always recommend Guerlain Aqua Allegoria Pamplelune. I love that one...

10. colabear

colabear Senior member

thanks, might give it a try

11. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Anytime somebody brings up grapefruit I always recommend Guerlain Aqua Allegoria Pamplelune. I love that one...

best grapefruit note I ever smelled.

12. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Yikes! Didn't know that about the shipping $$$. That's no good! As for MKK... people always seemed to think it was so foul, but I really didn't find it nearly so "OMG FOUL!" as people thought. And, I thought A McQ Kingdom was foul. MKK wasn't something I'd really wear much, but for a person who otherwise likes Jicky, Kielh's Musk, HL EdP, etc., it'll probably be a hit. Nevertheless, I'm one of the few people who admit to not really liking Lutens very much as a house. I've had a number of bottles, and they all just feel TOO MUCH to me. Never really the right balance for my nose, though because they kept getting such attention, I kept giving them chances thinking something must be wrong with me. Miel de bois was the only one I found "neat," but it too was too much... and they ranged all the way down to putrid (Santal Blanc.) Chergui, Fumerie Turque, Cedre, Arabie, and several others were just "meh" to me.
    Tell me about it. I admit my last purchase was last year but I got the bottle shipped free. I was not happy when I had to go back to the people who got in on the split with me and inform them of my fuckup. As for SL I completely agree. Frankly, I thought they all sucked, but I remember the MKK sample to be pretty decent and Cuir Masquerade to be the same. Figured I'd swing for MKK to fill out my sample request.

13. rach2jlc

Tell me about it. I admit my last purchase was last year but I got the bottle shipped free. I was not happy when I had to go back to the people who got in on the split with me and inform them of my fuckup. As for SL I completely agree. Frankly, I thought they all sucked, but I remember the MKK sample to be pretty decent and Cuir Masquerade to be the same. Figured I'd swing for MKK to fill out my sample request.
    CM was good, but I didn't find it light years ahead of other dry/pungent leathers like Knize Ten, Cuir d'ottoman (Parfum d'empire), or Tabac Blond... especially given the $$$ and the difficulty of getting a bottle (I have no idea if it has since been put into their regular line, as I don't keep up with Lutens.) If you liked the CM, then I think the L'a P TdB will be a big hit with you.

14. IndianBoyz

IndianBoyz Senior member

It was a question, you don't happen to have one do you?

15. rach2jlc

It was a question, you don't happen to have one do you?
    You can get this for virtually nothing almost anywhere. Out of curiosity, why are you specifically hunting this one down? It's pretty much bottom-of-the-barrel for people who don't care, and can't be bothered to venture farther than their closest grocery store for their fragrance. For a fragrance fan, Brut is cheaper/lower quality than suggesting Men's Warehouse in the MC forum. I could make about a hundred better recs for fragrances you can get inexpensively than to go with Brut. Edit: re-reading my post, it sounds snobby/pretentious. I don't mean it that way, but am just genuinely curious what the interest/appeal is in Brut, or what makes it worth the time of searching it out specifically. My usual "can be had for less than $20 gem" recommendation is Monsieur Balmain. A wonderful sharp lemon/citrus with woods that is great in hot weather.