Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Dmax, Aug 22, 2007.

1. rioni

rioni Senior member

Amouage Dia today

2. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

The only unscented ones I've seen are anti persperant which I prefer not to use. Do you find the crystal actually works? I used it about 10 years ago and found that by about 4pm I was starting to smell. Maybe now that I'm older ([​IMG] ) my scent will be less.
    Drugstore.com search for Unscented Deodorant - bunch of things there worth trying. I like the Crystal and have been using it for a few years now. The best tips I've picked up were use it damp, use it generously, and make sure you're very clean first. If you don't necessarily shower every day then its probably not the best option since it basically is a breeding ground for bacteria.

3. Dane

Dane Senior member

Le Labo Patchouli 24 bath oil for me today. Good alternative to the EDT if you find it to be too much, as I did.

4. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Senior member

I also use the Chrystal stick and found it works great. i'm not a heavy or smelly sweater to begin with but it's worked from 8am to 1am no problem for me. As mentioned, the tips are to apply it right after showering, apply rub up and down like 5 times and let the stick dry out. I occasionally spray my stick with rubbing alcohol just incase there's any surface bacteria.

Now i also got my dad and brother using it and neither of them found it worked, but i have my suspicions they weren't using it right. still, it's like $6-7 and has lasted me a year so far and I've barely made a dent on the stick. I also have broken off a piece and crushed it up into some water in a 50ml plastic atomizer (shake until the rocks are completely dissolved/absorbed) and use it as a spray and it works just as well.

5. Dane

Dane Senior member

I tried the crystal...I stunk. Twas nasty for all...am using Mitchum unscented rollon now...5000% aluminum something or other. I feel the breast cancer a'comin'. Problem solved.

6. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

I'm placing the split order from Aedes and I'm trying to decide what I want for my seven samples. I could use some help if you guys have a minute to look through their lineup. Here's what I've got so far:

CdG - Kyoto
    Lubin - Idole
    L'Artisan - Nuit de Tuberose & Travers√É[​IMG]e du Bosphore (no idea about this one)I was thinking about 3 Amouages since I've yet to try them and XXV, Dia, and Epic seem to be pretty popular. Anything else worth while from the more obscure brands?

7. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Senior member

I'd highly suggest trying their exlusif frag from l'artisan. it's similar to jubilation xxv. The CdG Daphne and Wonderwood seem to be popular. I've heard the costes one is interesting. Etro is a little hard to find and a few are quite nice (messier de minute, sandalo, shal nur). I happen to like parfums delrai paradisi (jammy rose). the different company is hard to find.

otherwise there's teh usual suspects from the big guys like l'artisan, dyptique, etc.

8. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

I've been completely unimpressed with the two TDC frags I've tried (RP and SdV). Etro I've already pretty much worked my way through, with Sandalwood being meh and Shaal Nur being pretty decent. Most other L'Artisan's and Diptyique I've tried and Diptyque isn't really that good IMO.

9. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

just ordered some samples of TF oud wood, tuscan leather, and clive christian c.

10. CologneReview

CologneReview Senior member

Going to be sampling John Varvatos 10th Anniversary today.

Maybe you're thinking about www.parfumsraffy.com?

You sir are my hero! Thank you so much!

SOTD: Green Irish Tweed. Decided to be safe and sophisticated today while at work.

11. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Oud 27. Felt like it's been too long since wearing it.

12. boo

boo Senior member

JV 10th Anniversary again today. I get notes of patchouli, vanilla, maybe bits of pine and vetiver. I'm tempted to get it. Not that it's really FBW, but I have a Saks gift card that's been burning a hole in my pocket. Reminds me of Bond Cooper Square, but at like 1/3rd the price.

13. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

14. rioni

rioni Senior member

Amouage Reflection today. This one is really good.

15. rach2jlc

rach2jlc Prof. Fabulous Dubiously Honored

I'm placing the split order from Aedes and I'm trying to decide what I want for my seven samples. I could use some help if you guys have a minute to look through their lineup. Here's what I've got so far:

CdG - Kyoto
    Lubin - Idole
    L'Artisan - Nuit de Tuberose & Travers√É[​IMG]e du Bosphore (no idea about this one)I was thinking about 3 Amouages since I've yet to try them and XXV, Dia, and Epic seem to be pretty popular. Anything else worth while from the more obscure brands?

L'ap TdB is very nice, and quite unique. A real fragrance chameleon, but in a good way (changes character a lot from top to dry down.)

Enjoy!