Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Dmax, Aug 22, 2007.

1. CologneReview

CologneReview Senior member

Bueller?

I'm new but I think this is a great idea. A great way to affordably add to your collection.

2. Baron

Baron Senior member Dubiously Honored

Wearing Sycomore, via a decant from Rioni's sale thread. Interesting vetiver - kinda dirty, but refined with a lot of depth. I really like it. I'd love to buy a 1oz bottle for under $100.

3. CologneReview

CologneReview Senior member

4. rach2jlc

rach2jlc Prof. Fabulous Dubiously Honored

Wearing Sycomore, via a decant from Rioni's sale thread. Interesting vetiver - kinda dirty, but refined with a lot of depth. I really like it. I'd love to buy a 1oz bottle for under $100.
    You can buy a 2.5oz for $110 from the Chanel website and a whopping 6oz for $210. http://www.chanel.com/en_US/fragranc...TE-SPRAY-88461 My SOTD today was Red Aoud! [​IMG]

5. Xericx

Xericx Senior member

Malin and Goetz Rum Tonic today. [​IMG] I really like the scent.

6. Baron

Baron Senior member Dubiously Honored

You can buy a 2.5oz for $110 from the Chanel website and a whopping 6oz for $210. http://www.chanel.com/en_US/fragranc...TE-SPRAY-88461 My SOTD today was Red Aoud! [​IMG]
    I had no idea. For some reason I thought this one was priced in the stratosphere. But I'd still rather buy 1 oz for say $50 or so.

7. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

My bottle of Cuir de Lancome arrived today so I wound up sampling that as well. It's rich and dense, and just at the very edge of what I call 'sufficiently masculine'.

8. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

still thinking. If I were handling a split I'd probably start a thread asking for suggestions, then start the sale thread in FS: other and then cross-post to advise that a split is in the making. Not sure if that runs afoul of any B/S/T guidelines, but that's my $0.02
    See that's was I was thinking of avoiding with the centralized thread.
    My SOTD today was Red Aoud! [​IMG]
    How is this one?
    Malin and Goetz Rum Tonic today. [​IMG] I really like the scent.
    Is this anything like their rum candle?
    My bottle of Cuir de Lancome arrived today so I wound up sampling that as well. It's rich and dense, and just at the very edge of what I call 'sufficiently masculine'.
    The women's frag? Or is there another CdL that they make?

9. Hartmann

Hartmann Senior member

What do you guys think of an OFFICIAL Fragrance Split thread? Similar to the one that I created for gift cards. I thought of it because I saw Rioni trying to manage a split in his FS thread and I've been talking over a few different splits with some other members. Where would it go? FS: Other or here in H&B?
    Sure, why not. Like Thomas said, people can use it to figure out what they want first, and you can also advertise in B&S to get more people interested.

10. rach2jlc

rach2jlc Prof. Fabulous Dubiously Honored

How is this one?
    It's my least favorite of the several Aouds I've tried, but it's still lovely. It's a "funkier" Aoud, with more pepper and cumin, so "dirtier" with less of the Rose/darkness of the others. In order of my favorites, it probably goes Aoud Queen Roses, Black, White, Steam, and then Red. It's one of Montale's "harsher" scents, though quite interesting. I think somebody who loved this would also love Chypre Vanille, even though the two scents are nothing alike.

11. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

(...)
    The women's frag? Or is there another CdL that they make?

Yes, the women's frag. It is on the softer, fruitier side but quite good if you're comfortable with it. Actually, it opens pretty femme, then gets this dry harshness, and then settles into a soft fruity leather. Not really groudbreaking - someone called it a white-shirt-and-jeans type of scent and I think that hit the nail on the head.

Today, Chanel Antaeus.

12. Dane

Dane Senior member

It's my least favorite of the several Aouds I've tried, but it's still lovely. It's a "funkier" Aoud, with more pepper and cumin, so "dirtier" with less of the Rose/darkness of the others. In order of my favorites, it probably goes Aoud Queen Roses, Black, White, Steam, and then Red. It's one of Montale's "harsher" scents, though quite interesting. I think somebody who loved this would also love Chypre Vanille, even though the two scents are nothing alike.
    Red Aoud is my fav...it has a strange chocolate accord that I really like. Almost smells like a mexican hot chocolate....with oud. My other fav is Original Aoud, but that one's pretty dull, and although I bought a bottle, I tired of it rather quickly. Wearing Caleche Eau Delicate (again) today.

13. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Red Aoud is my fav...it has a strange chocolate accord that I really like. Almost smells like a mexican hot chocolate....with oud. My other fav is Original Aoud, but that one's pretty dull, and although I bought a bottle, I tired of it rather quickly. Wearing Caleche Eau Delicate (again) today.
    I'm glad you and Rach like it. I found it to be scrubberlicious, scrubbertastic, and scrubberpendous.

14. rioni

rioni Senior member

Heeley Sel Marin today from sample

15. TintoTerra

TintoTerra Senior member

Bulgari Black today. Rubbery.