Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Dmax, Aug 22, 2007.

1. DWFII

DWFII Bespoke Boot and Shoemaker Dubiously Honored

Fireside Intense yesterday...Tabac Aurea today. Both from Sonoma Scents Studio. Amazing longevity and silage.

2. TintoTerra

TintoTerra Senior member

Six Scents no. 2: End/Beginning today

3. delakingois

delakingois Senior member

Caron Yatagan really is special isn't it. [​IMG] I can't really make out any notes, aside from the faint smell of shit at first. Then, in a couple of minutes it fades away and you're left with this amazingly pleasant, manly (but not too much) scent. Something about it reminds of weed though, don't really know why.

4. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

PdN Balkis today. I'm flying today, so I wanted to go with something inoffensive.

5. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

You should edit this post!

Don't you know that this is an expensive fragrance only thread?! Polo Double Black???

hahahahaha

Ah, but it's certainly more expensive than Polo Green, Yatagan, Pour Une Homme, Agua Lavanda, Tabac Original, Vetiver, and Habit Rouge - all of which are inexpensive masculine standbys.

I could have sworn someone mentioning they were looking for a coffee-ground-type coffee scent. IIRC, the drydown smells exactly of that. I used to have this but only liked the fruity opening, which doesn't last very long.

Wanted something light to bum around the house in, so I went with JV Artisan today.

Eventually, it wore off and I changed to Chergui which has so much more presence.

Caron Yatagan really is special isn't it. [​IMG] I can't really make out any notes, aside from the faint smell of shit at first. Then, in a couple of minutes it fades away and you're left with this amazingly pleasant, manly (but not too much) scent.

Something about it reminds of weed though, don't really know why.

Ought to wear it more often.

Today: L'Instant Homme

6. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

What do you guys think of an OFFICIAL Fragrance Split thread? Similar to the one that I created for gift cards. I thought of it because I saw Rioni trying to manage a split in his FS thread and I've been talking over a few different splits with some other members. Where would it go? FS: Other or here in H&B?

7. wjeff

wjeff Member

allure sport by chanel

8. rach2jlc

rach2jlc Prof. Fabulous Dubiously Honored

Decided to layer Montale Red Aoud with Caron l'infini parfum today. Started off nice, and then ended up somehow with a clone of Lutens Santal Blanc. Yuck! I smell like Elizabeth Taylor's hairdresser. [​IMG]

9. RegisDB9

RegisDB9 Rico Suave

Creed Aventus

10. rach2jlc

rach2jlc Prof. Fabulous Dubiously Honored

Decided to layer Montale Red Aoud with Caron l'infini parfum today. Started off nice, and then ended up somehow with a clone of Lutens Santal Blanc. Yuck! I smell like Elizabeth Taylor's hairdresser. [​IMG]
    Did a little searching of the notes in each, and unsurprisingly, YES, I did nearly come up with Santal blanc (haha). The pepper/cumin of the red aoud mixed with the florals of the Caron (along with the darker Caron base), and voila! Old lady funk. WON'T be repeated. [​IMG] Marc Jacobs "Lemon" today... one of those gigantic splash bottles. Not bad, found it very cheaply, and it will be excellent this summer. Sort of a Creed Bois de Cedrat lite.

11. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Today: Guerlain L'Instant Homme.

12. Parker

Parker Senior member Dubiously Honored

I was at Khiel's today and tried on their #1 Musk. Didn't like the topnotes. Too fruity or something, but like it much more once it dried back.

13. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

What do you guys think of an OFFICIAL Fragrance Split thread? Similar to the one that I created for gift cards. I thought of it because I saw Rioni trying to manage a split in his FS thread and I've been talking over a few different splits with some other members. Where would it go? FS: Other or here in H&B?
    Bueller?

14. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Bueller?
    still thinking. If I were handling a split I'd probably start a thread asking for suggestions, then start the sale thread in FS: other and then cross-post to advise that a split is in the making. Not sure if that runs afoul of any B/S/T guidelines, but that's my $0.02 ... Today, Anvers2. It's good but lacks presence.

15. Dane

Dane Senior member

I was at Khiel's today and tried on their #1 Musk. Didn't like the topnotes. Too fruity or something, but like it much more once it dried back.

Try Malin+Goetz Synthesized Musk.