Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Dmax, Aug 22, 2007.

1. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Today: pulled a sample card at random from the drawer. It turned out to be Tabac Blond, vintage EdP. Much better than I remember.
    Mighty pricey sample T

2. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Mighty pricey sample T

Got it in a swap from someone who had bucketloads of the stuff. He threw it in as an extra.

3. boo

boo Senior member

4. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

dammit - I got some samples from Sephora (got this gift card to burn) and settled Narciso Rodriguez Essence, and gave it a good spray. Jeebus, it's a steam-clean floral, very light and womanly. Why did I apply this crap at the office, of all places? dammit dammit dammit.

5. Baron

Baron Senior member Dubiously Honored

dammit - I got some samples from Sephora (got this gift card to burn) and settled Narciso Rodriguez Essence, and gave it a good spray. Jeebus, it's a steam-clean floral, very light and womanly. Why did I apply this crap at the office, of all places? dammit dammit dammit.

I'm smelling very manly today, with Azzaro PH. One of the few scents I have that I doubt could work on a woman.

6. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

What on gods green earth prompted you to try that fragrance?

7. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

What on gods green earth prompted you to try that fragrance?

It was there, in a batch of five different samples, so I assumed (since all the rest of the samples were masculines) that it too was masculine. First mistake. Then I sprayed it right on me without trying the old kleenex routine. Second mistake. Then I thought - that first spray didn't seem very substantial, I'll spray again. Third mistake. [​IMG]

8. musicguy

musicguy Senior member

I'm still on the search for my signature fragrance. I tried two spritzes of Tobacco Vanille again today. I happened to be looking for other fragrances and smelled another vanilla fragrance. Holy crap it smelled so terrible in comparison. TV is really nice, especially for winter.

I also happened to be at Macy's and smelled J'adore... the fragrance of a love during my time in Japan. It's amazing how a scent can bring back memories and feelings.

9. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

Shalimar today.

10. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Ormonde Jayne Zizan today - Is there frankincense in this? It sure as hell smells like it. Very potent.

11. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Chanel Antaeus for what looks to be a rough day.

12. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

Womanity again today.

Also, I gave some good friends of mine a bottle of ELdO Secretions Magnifiques for Christmas. They both liked it very much. One of the friends said it was his favorite fragrance. The other said she didn't understand what all the controversy was about; she thought it was quite pleasant.

13. rioni

rioni Senior member

Armani Prive Eau De Jade

14. TintoTerra

TintoTerra Senior member

Went sampling around the mall today and after smelling some boring and standard frags, I came across a Bloomingdales that carried Antaeus and I must say it was the best thing I've tried in awhile. I can see why Thomas likes it so much. It even impressed Ms Tinto. Will acquire.

Yesterday was Guerlain Vetiver, day before Tom Ford Grey Vetiver. I think I prefer the latter of the two.

15. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Today - ELdO Rein - Now I'm getting fruity berries wrapped in wet leather. Got a compliment on it today from girl.