Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Dmax, Aug 22, 2007.

1. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Today, getting warmer again so I went back two Guerlain AA Anisia Bella with a hit of Kiehl's Musk to give it warmth.

2. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

Vierges et Toreros. I like this one very much. It's right near the top of the list of my favorite ELdO fragrances, along with Secretions and Encens et Bubblegum.

3. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Senior member

You're dead to me. I expect so much better from you. [​IMG] j/k
    I'm on Vacation with the family in a hot climate, I figure GIT's as harmless as they get. Plus meeting new inlaws so I don't want to scare them off (well he seems nice, yeah but didn't he smell weird?). I also brought Tabac EdC and L'Instant, just incase. :)
    There are some really sweet TF's but I don't consider Moss Breches one of them. Have you tried Tuscan Leather yet?
    As long as you're trying the TL, also give Japon Noire a smell, it's a smokey sweet leather. TL is a pretty basic simple leather with a little rasberry sweetness.
    Today - FM Musk Ravageur. I really need to get in on a split for this since its just too thick to wear in the 100 degree heat and humidity but great for anything <85. Anyone interested?
    look around for these too. I actually just did one through a YouTuber Pegasis something or other who hosts splits of all the big expensive ones and got about 25ml for around $60-65. Otherwise probably the best way to split this is to buy the travel size so you get 3x10ml's for $120. 10ml of this stuff goes a long way!

4. rioni

rioni Senior member

+1 Japon Noir is really good

5. Baron

Baron Senior member Dubiously Honored

Two sprays from my remaining 6 or so ml of Patou pour homme. I hate to use this up but it will probably start to evaporate if I don't use it up, especially as it's in a decant bottle (scents don't seem to last as well in decants as they do in the original bottle. I'd really like to see a &quot;heritage&quot; edition of this released, but I fear it's gone for good.

6. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Etro - Anise today. Definitely hits the Anise mark but I'm not that much of an anise guy (or cinnamon for that matter since its pretty close) so this one isn't for me. Might be nice for a lady though.

7. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

look around for these too. I actually just did one through a YouTuber Pegasis something or other who hosts splits of all the big expensive ones and got about 25ml for around $60-65. Otherwise probably the best way to split this is to buy the travel size so you get 3x10ml's for $120. 10ml of this stuff goes a long way!
    Thanks for the recommendation. I suppose I was just checking to see if someone wanted to go thirds on a bottle with me. I figure 33ml would last me a good long while.

8. rach2jlc

rach2jlc Prof. Fabulous Dubiously Honored

Two sprays from my remaining 6 or so ml of Patou pour homme. I hate to use this up but it will probably start to evaporate if I don't use it up, especially as it's in a decant bottle (scents don't seem to last as well in decants as they do in the original bottle. I'd really like to see a "heritage" edition of this released, but I fear it's gone for good.
    That was the one discontinued "holy grail" scent from Basenotes that everybody drooled over that I never tried. I got around to sniffing most of the others, and they were largely all lackluster and a waste of time/effort (Jil sander Feeling Man, Balenciaga Pour Homme, Yohji Homme, etc.) Not BAD scents (I quite liked the Balenciaga), but not worth the effort. I tended to think people's memories and the inability to buy easily accentuated the appeal, instead of the scent. Like somebody paying $450 for Cuiron, or $400 for the Patou... I just don't get it. There are so many amazing ones out there now in virtually every category... Anyway, JHL for me today... I really enjoy this one as a gentlemanly, warm, rich scent. At $48 retail for 100mls, it's an excellent value (IMHO)

9. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Today wasn't much of a decision. I've been wanting to wear Egoiste all week, so today I gave in.

10. Britalian

Britalian Senior member

Maybe get some Aqua di Parma for myself for xmas. Is it worth the $? Someone said it was a little ephemeral, or some such; not much lasting power.

11. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Maybe get some Aqua di Parma for myself for xmas. Is it worth the $? Someone said it was a little ephemeral, or some such; not much lasting power.
    There was a discussion a few pages back about the Colonia Intensa. Its got much more staying power than the original Colonia.

12. Baron

Baron Senior member Dubiously Honored

That was the one discontinued "holy grail" scent from Basenotes that everybody drooled over that I never tried. I got around to sniffing most of the others, and they were largely all lackluster and a waste of time/effort (Jil sander Feeling Man, Balenciaga Pour Homme, Yohji Homme, etc.) Not BAD scents (I quite liked the Balenciaga), but not worth the effort. I tended to think people's memories and the inability to buy easily accentuated the appeal, instead of the scent.

Like somebody paying $450 for Cuiron, or $400 for the Patou... I just don't get it. There are so many amazing ones out there now in virtually every category...

Anyway, JHL for me today... I really enjoy this one as a gentlemanly, warm, rich scent. At $48 retail for 100mls, it's an excellent value (IMHO)

I feel the same way, though I do think some of those scents are pretty good, none of them are worth a big premium and there are so many great scents out there available for a song. However, I really love the Patou. I have no desire to pay a lot of money for it, but if it were available at a normal price I'd always have a bottle in my collection. Rich, spicy, herbal, green, a litte exotic - it's a great scent, simple as that.

13. TintoTerra

TintoTerra Senior member

Patchouli 24 yet again. I love the initial near-repellent birch tar blast followed by that awesome smokey vanilla. To me it's a comfort scent with a defensive wall of smoke around it. I find it irritates the skin a bit though. Going to try combining another vanilla with one of the darker incense scents and see what kind of results I get. Maybe a light application of Spiriteuse Double Vanille with some Black Tourmaline or Lonestar? Could be disasterous, but we'll see.

14. willpower

willpower Senior member

AdP Colonia Intensa. I should wear it more often, it's really good in cold rainy weather.

15. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

Nuit de Tubereuse today. I like this a lot! There's so much going on. There's tuberose of course, but it doesn't dominate. It's also very green, which I didn't expect in a tuberose-based floral. And finally, there's a healthy dose of pepper. Longevity has been very good.