Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Dmax, Aug 22, 2007.

1. lmm54

lmm54 Member

St. John's "West Indies." Got samplers of all the St. John's colognes ($5 on their website!). This isn't my favorite in their line, a bit generic, but not bad.

2. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Senior member

GIT today, meh why not

3. TintoTerra

TintoTerra Senior member

First off, it's not for everyone: it's got this tangy hay/scotch/oud thing going on which seems to be awfully polarizing. I thought Tintoterra would like it, instead he finds it revolting. ah well.

That said, I loved it from the first sniff. If I ever had to pare back to a top-10, this would be on it. At times, it induces reverie, more so than any other scent. If I had to relate it to something else, I'd probably call Yatagan a close cousin.

I have since changed my mind on this. I'm on a smokey kick at the moment, but I can see myself buying a bottle of it at some point.

4. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Rach - still have my barely used bottle so I'm not in need of another at the moment. Put if up in FS: Other

Today - ELdO Pussy Palaces - not bad. Smells like its namesake.

5. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

I have since changed my mind on this. I'm on a smokey kick at the moment, but I can see myself buying a bottle of it at some point.

Ah, good to hear.

Today, I went old-school: Chanel Antaeus

6. rach2jlc

rach2jlc Prof. Fabulous Dubiously Honored

GIT today, meh why not

You're dead to me. I expect so much better from you. [​IMG] j/k

Giorgio for men for me today. I needed to balance your "feel good overpriced, overhyped sweetness" with some 80's old school honey/patchouli powerhouse. [​IMG]

7. Dane

Dane Senior member

What is everyone's opinion on Millesime Imperial? I read that it is a unisex fragrance and has a melon scent, is it masculine enough?

Masculine, yes.

Gross, also yes.

Wearing Theo Fennell Scent EDP today. Skank. O. Rama.

Thoughts on Humiecki & Graef please? Have tried a few...all very weird. I happen to like weird, but very $$$.

8. Dane

Dane Senior member

Rach - still have my barely used bottle so I'm not in need of another at the moment. Put if up in FS: Other

Today - ELdO Pussy Palaces - not bad. Smells like its namesake.

PdP has grown to be one of my favs from the line. Antiheros is on my wishlist.

9. rioni

rioni Senior member

Today Xerjoff Uden from Sample

10. rioni

rioni Senior member

There are some really sweet TF's but I don't consider Moss Breches one of them. Have you tried Tuscan Leather yet?

Trying out TF Moss Breches today.

So far so good. It has a nice soapy fresh scent with a talcum powder component and a bit of musk. I'm loving it so far.

I'm liking it more and more as it continues to dry. Starting to get some spice now. Seems like a good winter fragrance and is definitely unisex.

Tobacco Vanille I tried before is good, but I won't be buying more. It is almost entirely vanilla on me. I'm not that big of a fan of vanilla.

Edit: After over an hour I'm loving it still. Thanks for the recommendation L'Incandescent. I would wear it again, although it is slightly too sweet for what I'm looking for. It is rather feminine once on my skin for a while.

Are the other TF private collection fragrances this sweet? Tobacco Vanille and Moss Breches are both really sweet. Even Grey Vetiver is pretty sweet.

11. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

ELdO Charogne today. It's quite sweet. The top smells a bit like Juicy Fruit, and there's vanilla in the drydown. But there's also something else going on--I think it's indolic but I'm not certain. The effect is very strange, and I'm not sure I like it much.

12. musicguy

musicguy Senior member

There are some really sweet TF's but I don't consider Moss Breches one of them. Have you tried Tuscan Leather yet?

I will try to try it. I hear it smells like cocaine. ??

13. Dane

Dane Senior member

ELdO Charogne today. It's quite sweet. The top smells a bit like Juicy Fruit, and there's vanilla in the drydown. But there's also something else going on--I think it's indolic but I'm not certain. The effect is very strange, and I'm not sure I like it much.

You are correct, indoles (smell much like mothballs, but subtler). I find it interesting, but ultimately not very wearable.

14. TintoTerra

TintoTerra Senior member

I will try to try it. I hear it smells like cocaine. ??

I heard it smells like raspberries. Smells like leather to me.

15. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

PdP has grown to be one of my favs from the line. Antiheros is on my wishlist.
    Yeah it was pretty nice but by the time I remembered I had something new on that I had to sniff out, it had faded into the "this smells good. what is it?" territory. Today - FM Musk Ravageur. I really need to get in on a split for this since its just too thick to wear in the 100 degree heat and humidity but great for anything <85. Anyone interested? Still haven't heard back from Ormonde Jayne. Need to send them another email.