Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Dmax, Aug 22, 2007.

1. willpower

willpower Senior member

Rose/Bubblegum scent? Are you a twelve year old girl?
    This coming from a guy who thinks La Nuit De L'Homme is perfection. Rose/Bubblegum is an descriptive approximation, it's like a wine review saying that a Chardonnay tastes like pears and raspberries - it alludes to certain qualities found in the notes rather than the quality of the entire product.

2. rach2jlc

rach2jlc Prof. Fabulous Dubiously Honored

This coming from a guy who thinks La Nuit De L'Homme is perfection.
    +1, though I must admit from my decant of Windsor I get no rose/bubblegum, but citrus and pine. Are we smelling the same scent? [​IMG] I think I'd like it better, though, with roses and bubblegum. [​IMG]

3. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

Rose/Bubblegum scent? Are you a twelve year old girl?

Oh, this looks like a fun game. I want to play too!

This coming from a guy who thinks La Nuit De L'Homme is perfection. Rose/Bubblegum is an descriptive approximation, it's like a wine review saying that a Chardonnay tastes like pears and raspberries - it alludes to certain qualities found in the notes rather than the quality of the entire product.

Wine review? Are you some kind of snooty Parisian haute bourgeois? (Who is also a twelve year old girl?)

Creed Windsor today, from a 5ml or so decant.

Creed Windsor? Are you some kind of Scott Stapp wannabe who is carrying a torch for Camilla Parker Bowles? (And who is also a twelve year old girl?)

ELdO Antiheros today. At the top, a lavender note is masterfully blended with a note of lavender. Then in the drydown, a surpising note of lavender emerges. This is so unlike the rest of the ELdO line!

Lavender? Are you a lesbian? (Who also has a mullet?)

4. willpower

willpower Senior member

+1, though I must admit from my decant of Windsor I get no rose/bubblegum, but citrus and pine. Are we smelling the same scent? [​IMG] I think I'd like it better, though, with roses and bubblegum. [​IMG]
    Perhaps you might have the 2009 vintage? Far more Eucalyptus and Pine in the 2009. Windsor is a grower, give it half a dozen good wearings and get a tad on your shirt so you don't get olfactory fatigue.

5. hayzum

hayzum Senior member

Amouage Epic today - the combination of frankincense, spices, oudh, leather, sandalwood & cedarwood is brilliant.

Perhaps you might have the 2009 vintage?
    Hunt for the 1st batch has begun!

6. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

7. rach2jlc

Perhaps you might have the 2009 vintage? Far more Eucalyptus and Pine in the 2009. Windsor is a grower, give it half a dozen good wearings and get a tad on your shirt so you don't get olfactory fatigue.

Very possible! I think it's interesting how the two vintages are so distinct. I had no idea!

I'm taking a break from it, though, and wearing Jicky today. If you're a twelve year old girl with Windsor, what does that make me with Jicky? Either some sort of 115 year old French Woman, or a middle aged social deviant (haha).

Cheers!

8. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Today: Le LAbo Oud 27, because it's been a while

9. rach2jlc

^How is that one, T? I've tried a few le labo scents, but not that one.

In other news, I'm closet cleaning, and wondered if anybody is on the lookout for Aramis Havana? I'm just not using my bottle (the 100ml "Gentleman's collection" Aramis reissued last year.) PM me if so.

10. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

^How is that one, T? I've tried a few le labo scents, but not that one.

In other news, I'm closet cleaning, and wondered if anybody is on the lookout for Aramis Havana? I'm just not using my bottle (the 100ml "Gentleman's collection" Aramis reissued last year.) PM me if so.

First off, it's not for everyone: it's got this tangy hay/scotch/oud thing going on which seems to be awfully polarizing. I thought Tintoterra would like it, instead he finds it revolting. ah well.

That said, I loved it from the first sniff. If I ever had to pare back to a top-10, this would be on it. At times, it induces reverie, more so than any other scent. If I had to relate it to something else, I'd probably call Yatagan a close cousin.

11. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

Mouchoir de Monsieur. First time trying this--it's very similar to Jicky, but a little more civety and less of the fecal note. I like this a lot!

12. rach2jlc

Mouchoir de Monsieur. First time trying this--it's very similar to Jicky, but a little more civety and less of the fecal note. I like this a lot!

It's the "Jicky for men!" Unique scent that I quite enjoyed. A slightly spicier Jicky, with more funk and less, for lack of a better word, softness.

What is everyone's opinion on Millesime Imperial? I read that it is a unisex fragrance and has a melon scent, is it masculine enough?

Yes.

13. Baron

Baron Senior member Dubiously Honored

I happen to be wearing Havana today. I have about 2/3 of a 50 ml bottle (original issue), but I don't think I'm in danger of running out for a long time. I love this scent but it competes for wear with a lot of other winter scents that I like just as much or more.

14. rach2jlc

I happen to be wearing Havana today. I have about 2/3 of a 50 ml bottle (original issue), but I don't think I'm in danger of running out for a long time. I love this scent but it competes for wear with a lot of other winter scents that I like just as much or more.
    That's been exactly my situation.

15. musicguy

musicguy Senior member

Trying out TF Moss Breches today. So far so good. It has a nice soapy fresh scent with a talcum powder component and a bit of musk. I'm loving it so far. I'm liking it more and more as it continues to dry. Starting to get some spice now. Seems like a good winter fragrance and is definitely unisex. Tobacco Vanille I tried before is good, but I won't be buying more. It is almost entirely vanilla on me. I'm not that big of a fan of vanilla. Edit: After over an hour I'm loving it still. Thanks for the recommendation L'Incandescent. I would wear it again, although it is slightly too sweet for what I'm looking for. It is rather feminine once on my skin for a while. Are the other TF private collection fragrances this sweet? Tobacco Vanille and Moss Breches are both really sweet. Even Grey Vetiver is pretty sweet.