Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Dmax, Aug 22, 2007.

1. willpower

willpower Senior member

one of my favorites this time of year.

+1 Gonna wear it today

2. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

Le Feu d'Issey for me today.

I used to like this a lot, especially the top. Then one day I noticed a really strong sour milk note. Now it actually nauseates me.

3. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

L'Instant came to mind but once I realized how cold it was, Knize Ten became the only choice.

4. rach2jlc

rach2jlc Prof. Fabulous Dubiously Honored

L'Instant came to mind but once I realized how cold it was, Knize Ten became the only choice.

Battle of the classic leathers! I'll see your Knize with some more Tabac Blond today.

Yours is dry and arid, mine is funky with a bouquet of flowers hidden inside. [​IMG]

5. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Battle of the classic leathers! I'll see your Knize with some more Tabac Blond today. Yours is dry and arid, mine is funky with a bouquet of flowers hidden inside. [​IMG]
    I can only imagine if K10 came in parfum. I know there was a gold edition but I wear this so seldom that even a single backup bottle seems superfluous. Strangely, yours is supposed to feature tobacco, yet mine is the dry one.

6. rach2jlc

rach2jlc Prof. Fabulous Dubiously Honored

I can only imagine if K10 came in parfum. I know there was a gold edition but I wear this so seldom that even a single backup bottle seems superfluous.

Strangely, yours is supposed to feature tobacco, yet mine is the dry one.

Check out my SOTD yesterday, where I cross posted from Basenotes the ingredients in Tabac Blond. Interestingly, it has NO tobacco in it.

Sort of like how Mitsouko actually has no peaches...

7. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Check out my SOTD yesterday, where I cross posted from Basenotes the ingredients in Tabac Blond. Interestingly, it has NO tobacco in it.

Sort of like how Mitsouko actually has no peaches...

Yeah, I saw the ingredient list and thought it kinda short for it's depth.

I read something interesting on Luca Turin's blog a while back about creating one scent out of two completely unrelated different scents, like a perfumer's sleight-of-hand. There are a few mixtures out there.

8. TintoTerra

TintoTerra Senior member

Rock Crystal today. Love the concept behind these 'stone poem' fragrances and I think this may be the best of the bunch. Smells 'tres femme' in the bottle to my nose but once applied it blends nicely with my chemistry. Cool visuals of a warm, crystaline glow.

Wore Isfarkand yesterday, a hit with the GF("It smells like you, only better!") and I was able to volunteer at the parrot rescue without getting mangled by the 'face pliers'.Great success.

9. L'Incandescent

I blind bought a metric ton of Thierry Mugler Womanity, and I'm trying it for the first time today. I get the savory, salty note that the promotional materials emphasize, but my nose interprets it as a very strong marine note, sort of like a Jardin Apres La Mousson on steroids. But there's also an extremely sweet, sugary note--sort of like cotton candy. I wanted to say that the sweet note balances the marine note, but it doesn't. I find that the fragrance wavers between the salty marine and sweet cotton candy, sort of like the famous drawing wavers between vases and women's faces.

So far, I'm not a big fan. I hope it grows on me, because I have a lot of it!

10. Dane

Dane Senior member

I blind bought a metric ton of Thierry Mugler Womanity, and I'm trying it for the first time today. I get the savory, salty note that the promotional materials emphasize, but my nose interprets it as a very strong marine note, sort of like a Jardin Apres La Mousson on steroids. But there's also an extremely sweet, sugary note--sort of like cotton candy. I wanted to say that the sweet note balances the marine note, but it doesn't. I find that the fragrance wavers between the salty marine and sweet cotton candy, sort of like the famous drawing wavers between vases and women's faces.

So far, I'm not a big fan. I hope it grows on me, because I have a lot of it!

Sell it. It's nauseating at best. Angel-fig on steroids.

Wearing Dia Man today, plus sampling Montana Just Me (pineapple leather) and J'Adore L'Or (peachy rose).

11. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Sell it. It's nauseating at best. Angel-fig on steroids. Wearing Dia Man today, plus sampling Montana Just Me (pineapple leather) and J'Adore L'Or (peachy rose).
    +1 on the womaninaty. Its WAY too feminine in that cotton-candy sort of way. Ugh.

12. Tarzan

Tarzan Senior member

Narciso Rodriguez for Him. Great for wet autumn afternoons.
    Did I mention that Violet notes rock?

13. L'Incandescent

Sell it. It's nauseating at best. Angel-fig on steroids.

+1 on the womaninaty. Its WAY too feminine in that cotton-candy sort of way. Ugh.

I think you two are just jealous because you'll never have as much womanity as I have. Wait, no, that didn't come out right. [​IMG]

When I hear the word womanity, my mind latches onto the "manatee" part. I don't think the marketing people at Thierry Mugler were going for that.

Narciso Rodriguez for Him. Great for wet autumn afternoons.
    Did I mention that Violet notes rock?

I do not recall your mentioning that, but I will certainly take it under advisement.

14. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Today: Guerlain L'Heure Bleu, vintage extrait. I forgot I had this (1/8 oz so it hardly registered) until someone of FB mentioned it and I thought...I have this! So I'm wearing it today and it's very old-school. Violets and pastry and powder notes. Both dry and lush and thank heavens I applied lightly.

15. L'Incandescent

Montale Black Aoud