Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Dmax, Aug 22, 2007.

1. willpower

willpower Senior member

Willpower recommended the Antico Caruso a while back. The Mark Birley gets good reviews. What didn't you like about it?

Antico Caruso is nice if you're a fan of almond/vanilla. Some compare it to Le Male, but it's far better. Still, if you're not into almonds, pass.

Mark Birley is OK, it's just underwhelming. Very polite, safe, a bit more obnoxious than Gendarme, an office scent.

2. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Today I struggled: do I wear something I've not worn in ages, or wear what I really want? OR do I sample something new?

Eventually Chanel Egoiste won out.

3. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Yesterday - Etro Musk. This one was a bit weird (as are most of Etro's frags) as it had a fresh cut grass smell mixed into the musk. Definitely not for me.

4. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

Secretions Magnifiques.

5. TintoTerra

TintoTerra Senior member

Secretions Magnifiques.

I was thinking of doing this this morning, but then I chickened out. It's really growing on me.

Instead, I tried a sample of Mark Jacobs Bang. Instant headache. Like sticking one's nose into a pepper shaker. I'll pass.

6. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Senior member

Today I went out sniffing so I just came home and am wearing L'Heure Blue, Aventus, and Womanity.

Aventis isn't doing anything for me at all, Womanity is really really unusual, although I'd probably not find it useful enough, but koudos on such a weird frag, and L'heure is pretty classy (for mum) but not my gig.

This morning I wore a sample out the box, CKFree and just shoot me but it's actually quite nice. I'm so confused.

7. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

I was thinking of doing this this morning, but then I chickened out. It's really growing on me.

[​IMG]

Today I went out sniffing so I just came home and am wearing L'Heure Blue, Aventus, and Womanity.

Aventis isn't doing anything for me at all, Womanity is really really unusual, although I'd probably not find it useful enough, but koudos on such a weird frag, and L'heure is pretty classy (for mum) but not my gig.

I'm going to be purchasing a new batch of samples soon, and Womanity was one of them I was considering. A lot of reviews mention the big sweet fig note. Is it similar at all to L'Artisan Premier Figuier?

8. willpower

willpower Senior member

Aventis isn't doing anything for me at all

It didn't for me at the first few wearings, but it's a grower.

9. mkarim

mkarim Senior member

Instead, I tried a sample of Mark Jacobs Bang. Instant headache. Like sticking one's nose into a pepper shaker. I'll pass.
    +1. I rotate between Bvlgari Aqua and YSL Pour Homme for regular wear. For nights I wear Gucci Pour Homme II or Armand Basi. Wearing Bvlgari today.

10. mkarim

mkarim Senior member

I'm moving away from the trendy hot-fragrance-of-the-day clubbing ones to more classic ones.

11. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Trying out the new John Varvatos 10 (Its got an official name but I don't know what it is). Not bad. Sort of a vanilla-almond-powder smell.

12. delakingois

delakingois Senior member

Thoughts on Encre Noire? I'm thinking of blindly buying an almost new one for 35 bucks, worth it?

13. willpower

willpower Senior member

Thoughts on Encre Noire? I'm thinking of blindly buying an almost new one for 35 bucks, worth it?

It's pretty dark and earthy. If you know the smell of Vetiver, this is the primary smell. It's nice and masculine, bottle worthy but you shouldn't buy blind, and $35 isn't an outstanding deal.

14. yooalreadyknow

yooalreadyknow Active Member

Call it mainstream but I love YSL

15. taxgenius

taxgenius Senior member

Habit Rouge.