Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Dmax, Aug 22, 2007.

1. Mandrake9072

Mandrake9072 Senior member

Terre D'Hermes for me today

2. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

I see a bottle split in our futures!

Wonder if they do 100ml bottles... hmmm. ...eh, I see they do 50's of EdP which...to be totally honest is more than I'd use in a lifetime.

Today, btw: continuing the theme of wearing the unworn: Yatagan.

3. Baron

Baron Senior member Dubiously Honored

^^^
    Love Yatagan. It's actually cold enough here to start wearing it again.

Wearing Kouros today. I just got a bottle from here on the B&S forum and I gotta say, I'm liking it. I was always one of those guys that couldn't get past the eerie restroom note (I always said it smelled like a coed bathroom at Plato's Retreat at around 5 AM on Sunday morning), but it works a lot better on your body with a little body heat mixed in and some time to settle down.

4. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

^^^
    Love Yatagan. It's actually cold enough here to start wearing it again.

Wearing Kouros today. I just got a bottle from here on the B&S forum and I gotta say, I'm liking it. I was always one of those guys that couldn't get past the eerie restroom note (I always said it smelled like a coed bathroom at Plato's Retreat at around 5 AM on Sunday morning), but it works a lot better on your body with a little body heat mixed in and some time to settle down.

I'm not sure why I don't wear it more often: it just kinda sits in the herd while I whore around with all the other (newer) scents. Eventually I come back, though.

Also, thanks for reminding me about Kouros - that one also sits in the drawer waiting its turn, and tomorrow might be the right day for it.

5. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Kouros is just WAY too potent to hold up in the humidity we get down here. After an hour in the sun you smell like a sauna after 12 old men have been inside it for 3 hours. Just awful.

I emailed Ormond Jayne to see if they could cock up a larger than 50ml bottle. If not, any interest in splitting the 50?

6. ALFAMALE

ALFAMALE Senior member

Zegna Intenso

7. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Kouros is just WAY too potent to hold up in the humidity we get down here. After an hour in the sun you smell like a sauna after 12 old men have been inside it for 3 hours. Just awful.

I emailed Ormond Jayne to see if they could cock up a larger than 50ml bottle. If not, any interest in splitting the 50?

Heh, wearing Kouros today and liking it. A perfumista of my acquaintance once mentioned liking it simply because it's so unapologetic. It's not easily explainable by non-cologne means - you can't just pass it off as hand soap or fabric softener.

Sure, I'll split whatever they come up with.

8. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

Kouros for me today too. The first time I smelled it, about two and a half years ago, I thought there was no way I could ever wear it. But soon after that, I got the strong feeling that I needed to try it again. I've loved it ever since.

9. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Senior member

I've begun working my way through the swap box and have picked out a few to try out, plus a bunch that basically have a single use left which I'll just work through to cut down on the box size... so for the next little while you're going ot see me post things like "DKNY", lol.

today: DKNY. 10 minutes later, AdG.

10. TintoTerra

TintoTerra Senior member

I see a bottle split in our futures!
    I'd be down. Today I'm wearing Tom Ford Tuscan Leather. Mad sillage on these TF private blends!
    Terre D'Hermes for me today
    I'm curious about this, but it's very ubiquitous-ness is off-putting. Anyone like rose-heavy scents? I've got some brand new 5ml decants of Black Oud and C&S 88 that I don't think will be seeing any use here. Rose 31 will be covering any rose needs for me for the time being.

11. Mandrake9072

Mandrake9072 Senior member

I'd be down.

I'm curious about this, but it's very ubiquitous-ness is off-putting.

I just came back to TdH. I left my bottle at home while I was away at university and couldn't wait to come home to get my hands on it again. Absolutely in love with it! Especially now that winter has come around.

I dunno if it's my skin or what, but it's a bit of a monster on me. Even one spray (fairly close to skin) tends to project a lot (I'm really conscious about this) and lasts well over 14+ hours. So I stick to spraying in air and walking through the mist.

As far as ubiquitous nature of the fragrance, I could see why it would certainly be off-putting. Luckily for me, I'm still in school so aside from the odd aquatic dosage, fragrances are a rarity for college kids. [​IMG]

12. willpower

willpower Senior member

13. L'Incandescent

Rose 31 won

Did it face the best competition, though? I won't accept the legitimacy of its championship until it defeats Rose Poivree, Une Rose, and Sa Majeste La Rose. [​IMG]

14. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Today: Amber Absolute for a chilly, overcast day.

15. L'Incandescent

Elixir des Merveilles today.