Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Dmax, Aug 22, 2007.

1. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Sugar cookie musk? What the hell is that?

A cookie you kept in your underwear while you rode a vespa for a half hour to your office?

Tom Ford might like that. Who knows, now that you've posted this, he'll start working on his next scent - Vespa cookie crotch.

I don't have a Vespa so I can't say that it's Exactly as you describe, but those are the two main scents I get. Sugar Cookie (or butter cookie), and a light musk scent. It's peculiar but not offensive at all.

2. rach2jlc

rach2jlc Prof. Fabulous Dubiously Honored

That's a pretty good description of the HL, Thomas. The Eau de Parfum, which is the same scent, is more intense and has a little more "smut" but still very relaxed and subdued. I like to layer them together for some intensely smutty sugar cookie musk.

As such, I think you've given me an idea for my SOTD (haven't sprayed any on yet!) HL EdC layered with EdP.

3. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

The world has righted itself and I'm wearing Antaeus for the first workday of 2008.

4. Maharlika

Maharlika Senior member

Fumerie Turque for me today!

5. dopey

dopey Senior member Dubiously Honored

Tom Ford might like that. Who knows, now that you've posted this, he'll start working on his next scent - Vespa cookie crotch.

I don't have a Vespa so I can't say that it's Exactly as you describe, but those are the two main scents I get. Sugar Cookie (or butter cookie), and a light musk scent. It's peculiar but not offensive at all.

Vespa Cookie Crotch - that will sell based on the name alone. I know I would buy it. I doubt I would use it, but I would certainly get a bottle for show.

6. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Vespa Cookie Crotch - that will sell based on the name alone. I know I would buy it. I doubt I would use it, but I would certainly get a bottle for show.

The possibilities for advertising boggle the mind. Especially if Tom Ford runs with it.

7. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

I am traveling in the People's Republic of China right now, so I've only brought along my favorite: Kolnisch Juchten.

8. tiger02

tiger02 Militarist

Christmas seems to have made me into a (very-minor) scent person; I now have fully 5 different colognes. Today is Prada amber edt, which I didn't like at first but has garnered compliments.

9. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Christmas seems to have made me into a (very-minor) scent person; I now have fully 5 different colognes. Today is Prada amber edt, which I didn't like at first but has garnered compliments.

It starts with one, and then a backup bottle, and then there's one that the women really like, and this one's just like that one, only better, and then you start thinking - this one for winter, that one for summer, and next thing you know they've multiplied like rabbits.

Anyway, after a cold morning run, I settled on John Varvatos. Actually, I had this one on the brain all morning from first cup of coffee until shaving, so it was kind of a foregone conclusion by the time I opened the drawer.

10. Omega Man

Omega Man Senior member

Parfum d'Empire Fougere Bengale for me today.
    The initial blast was a rather harsh (curry, and to a lesser degree at least to my nose, puke....). But once it is gone, the drydown is very pleasant. I usually rotate my scents, but I have been wearing this for a few consecutive days.
    Didn't buy a bottle, got it in a 2 X 10ml decant from a fellow in Basenote.
    Should give it a try.

11. Maharlika

Maharlika Senior member

I'm wearing a classic today: Knize Ten

12. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Another classic today: Hermes Bel Ami.

bought it blind a year ago, really liked it for its peppery spiciness, then got tired of it - too much. Now it's cold all over again, and I like it again. It will do as a decent substitute for Ormonde Man, for the moment...

13. rach2jlc

rach2jlc Prof. Fabulous Dubiously Honored

Knize Ten and Belami are both favorites of mine and timeless scents. Good choices! Thomas, try Belami again in the heat of summer. You'd think it might be too heavy, but the lemon and sandalwood in it give it a lot of "spunk" in the heat. [​IMG]

For me, it's Keiko Mecheri Musc today, one of the driest, softest musk scents I know. Often, musk turns a little sweet/sour combo, but this one is very clean and sheer. As well, it gets better the more active you become (it reacts very well with body heat!)

14. Maharlika

Maharlika Senior member

Voleur de Roses. It might rain today in L.A!

15. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Pasha de Cartier for an unseasonably warm January day. Yesterday it was 38 degrees outside, today it's more like 68 degrees, and damp like a wet rag. Time to roll out the spring scents and box up the sweaters!