Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Dmax, Aug 22, 2007.

1. willpower

willpower Senior member

Gendarme EDP - Oh, the clean shirt freshness...

2. Mr. Lee

Mr. Lee Senior member

Tam Dao by Diptyque. Great sandalwood.

3. jennyatkins

jennyatkins New Member

My friend works for the scent marketing comapany and she's told me that people react really well to the smell of basil as it's fresh and reminds them of the freshness of spring... I guess I would like Anisia then...seems like an interesting fragrance Thomas

4. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Gendarme EDP - Oh, the clean shirt freshness...

Reminded me of a bounce dryer sheet, but a bit nicer.

My friend works for the scent marketing comapany and she's told me that people react really well to the smell of basil as it's fresh and reminds them of the freshness of spring... I guess I would like Anisia then...seems like an interesting fragrance Thomas

Basil is a good scent but it can't be paired with too many other notes or it gets overwhelmed pretty quickly. I think Jo Malone did up a Lime, Basil, Mandarin scent that is also well-liked.

Today, after a cold, grey, and rainy morning, I went with Knize Ten.

5. willpower

willpower Senior member

Reminded me of a bounce dryer sheet, but a bit nicer.
    Yeah, I'll go with that. It's soapy and also smells a bit like Magic Sizing spray starch.

6. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

M-C, where were you planning to source the Knize Ten? I'd be very interested in 5-10ml or so if you'd be willing to decant some out for me for a fair price? Assuming you go for it eventually.

K10, AdP CI, and PdN NY were the three that I was secretely hoping to sniff out of the swap box. None came to be however.

Notre, if M-C doesn't pull the trigger on K10, then PM me. The reason I'm deferring to M-C on this, though, is customs issues.

7. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Senior member

M-C, where were you planning to source the Knize Ten? I'd be very interested in 5-10ml or so if you'd be willing to decant some out for me for a fair price? Assuming you go for it eventually. K10, AdP CI, and PdN NY were the three that I was secretely hoping to sniff out of the swap box. None came to be however.
    Funny, I was just looking around for where to source this one and then came onto the forum and saw your post. I'm going to hunt around for K10 after I give it one more wearing to make sure. In the meantime, I do have a K10 sample, AdP CI Bottle, and PdN decant which I can make you samples of if you'd like. Shoot me up a PM and we'll figure something out.
    Notre, if M-C doesn't pull the trigger on K10, then PM me. The reason I'm deferring to M-C on this, though, is customs issues.
    Thanks. I'm going to give it another wearing and then hunt around. I usually go for the 75ml bottles, maybe 100 if I think i'll wear it a lot, it'll be discontinued, or it's good for swaps, but considering the strength of this one, do you think 50ml will be enough? Thoughts T? Today, it's Serge Lutens Gris Clair.

8. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

(..._
    Thanks. I'm going to give it another wearing and then hunt around. I usually go for the 75ml bottles, maybe 100 if I think i'll wear it a lot, it'll be discontinued, or it's good for swaps, but considering the strength of this one, do you think 50ml will be enough? Thoughts T?

(...)

Well, YMMV but I generally find it to be pretty strong and long-lasting. I have a 125ml bottle from the past year or so, got in a swap, and I've hardly used it. Then again I have so damn many winter scents that I'm lucky if I can wear all of them three times in a given year - given the long summer we have.

9. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

Chanel No. 5 today.

One of my colleagues asked if I would bring in Secretions Magnifiques for him to try. This is a guy who's literally never worn a fragrance in his life. He loved it. I'm becoming more convinced that SM's reputation affects people's perceptions a lot.

10. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Chanel No. 5 today.

One of my colleagues asked if I would bring in Secretions Magnifiques for him to try. This is a guy who's literally never worn a fragrance in his life. He loved it. I'm becoming more convinced that SM's reputation affects people's perceptions a lot.

I don't know what you're referring to: I detest SM and I have no plans to try it. [​IMG]

11. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

SMN Spanish Leather - kind of a soapy leather scent. Short lasting but potent. Not a fan.

12. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Acqua Di Gio all the way... girls chased me out of a store once to see what my scent was called. It's well worth it.
    This post makes me sad

13. willpower

willpower Senior member

Acqua Di Gio all the way... girls chased me out of a store once to see what my scent was called. It's well worth it.

Please tell us you imagined this [​IMG]

14. Dane

Dane Senior member

Lulz. Those are the types of girls you don't want chasing you.

15. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Today, Amouage Dia (Homme). Starts pretty gentle, subdued, mildly interesting. Not bad. Now, three hours later it strongly resembles PdN Baladin, except with just enough spice and sunshine to make it worth sniffing. Or, if you prefer, a lighter, easier-wearing Azuree / Aramis.

As with Goldilocks and the three Bears:

Azuree: too loud
    Baladin: too boring
    Dia Homme: just right.

Too bad it costs and arm and a leg.