Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Dmax, Aug 22, 2007.

1. fungz0r

fungz0r Senior member

Burberry London

2. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

isn't that the one that sort of smells like a light version of TFTV? sort of tobacco with vanille in there somewhere?
    Not this one. Like Thomas said its very similar to C&S Cuba and a much more old man version of Havana. They've got a leather scent in the lineup somewhere. I think I got a sample of it in my baggie. FM Musc Ravageur today. I'm getting more vanilla today and less powder which is the opposite of what I got last time. Maybe I need to shake the samples. [​IMG]

3. topnavig8tr

topnavig8tr New Member

My all-time go to fragrance is Aqua di Parma

4. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

Started today with ELdO Vraie Blonde. I just can't make myself like it, though. It actually makes me a little bit nauseated. So I scrubbed it off and went with TF Black Orchid instead.

5. Notreknip

Notreknip Senior member

M-C, where were you planning to source the Knize Ten? I'd be very interested in 5-10ml or so if you'd be willing to decant some out for me for a fair price? Assuming you go for it eventually. K10, AdP CI, and PdN NY were the three that I was secretely hoping to sniff out of the swap box. None came to be however.

6. TintoTerra

TintoTerra Senior member

Would anyone be willing to recommend me something that has a darker, more unusual scent to it? I want to smell good, just not like everyone else. Masculine and dark, without the synthetic alcoholy smell you sometimes get. Feel free to pm me if you don't want to junk up the thread. Thanks.

7. willpower

willpower Senior member

Hmm, Le Labo - Rose 31... A dark masculine rose - kind of unsual in the good way [​IMG]

Rose 31 is great. Lots of cedar and sandalwood as well in that one as well. The rose in Rose 31 is very dirty rather than smelling like a fresh rose flower.

8. L'Incandescent

Rose 31 is great. Lots of cedar and sandalwood as well in that one as well. The rose in Rose 31 is very dirty rather than smelling like a fresh rose flower.

Le Labo should pay you! You're such a committed advocate for this fragrance!

Rose 31 really is an excellent fragrance, though. I was looking over Turin and Sanchez's Perfume Guide the other day and noticed that they gave it one star. I was shocked. I don't wear Rose 31 a lot because it just doesn't feel like "me." But I can't imagine someone denying that it's a great fragrance.

I'm not sure I'd call Rose 31 dark, though. C&S No. 88 and Dark Rose are darker roses. Also Montale Black Aoud.

9. willpower

willpower Senior member

Le Labo should pay you! You're such a committed advocate for this fragrance!
    LOL. I know, part of it is due to the incredibly cute girls in lab coats mixing the juice up right in front of you. [​IMG] I love the biting cedar/sandalwood drydown - a bit like Tam Dao but more complex. And it fits the "it never rains in...Southern... California" climate. I guess Green Irish Tweed could be considered "dark" as well.

10. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Would anyone be willing to recommend me something that has a darker, more unusual scent to it? I want to smell good, just not like everyone else. Masculine and dark, without the synthetic alcoholy smell you sometimes get. Feel free to pm me if you don't want to junk up the thread. Thanks.

Hmm, Le Labo - Rose 31... A dark masculine rose - kind of unsual in the good way [​IMG]

Also from Le Labo: Oud 27.

11. TintoTerra

TintoTerra Senior member

Thanks for all the recommendations. Have a few samples headed to me now. I can see this becoming addictive... [​IMG]

12. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Today: L'Instant pour Homme. More of a blind grab to dash out the door than a carefully considered choice.

13. loveswatching

loveswatching Senior member

Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille... I need a decant of Le Labo Rose 31 and Oud 27.

14. L'Incandescent

Delicious Closet Queen today.

15. cairomerta

cairomerta Senior member

Last edited: Mar 12, 2012