Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Dmax, Aug 22, 2007.

1. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

So Heliotrope = no go. Smell went from almond cookie, which wasn't too bad, to marzipan cookie. I hate marzipan cookies. Blech.

Are you sampling the whole Etro line? Have you tried Shall Nur yet? I haven't, but I'm curious about that one.

I'm wearing ELdO Rossy de Palma today.

2. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Are you sampling the whole Etro line? Have you tried Shall Nur yet? I haven't, but I'm curious about that one. I'm wearing ELdO Rossy de Palma today.
    Yeah they sent me a sample of just about everything a while back so I figured I'd finally give them a try. I've tried Shall Nur and its a nice incense/vanilla scent if I remember correctly. I've still got some of my sample left. Will report back.

3. sableecstasy

sableecstasy Senior member

anyone care to answer a cologne rookies question...Ive noticed 2 sprays seems to be the acceptable amount to put on, but where would be the most "effective" place to spray? I usually spray on the neck out of sheer habit but I see posts about applying to the wrist.

4. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

I like to spray directly into my asshole, then eat a large meal of fibrous foods. Lots of ruffage is preferred.

5. sableecstasy

sableecstasy Senior member

no way broski thats so cool

6. willpower

willpower Senior member

anyone care to answer a cologne rookies question...Ive noticed 2 sprays seems to be the acceptable amount to put on, but where would be the most "effective" place to spray? I usually spray on the neck out of sheer habit but I see posts about applying to the wrist.
    Depends on the scent and how much you want to project. Pulse points are considered good application spots as they're supposed to be warmer areas on the body. The neck area near the ears is sometimes a good application spot for the clubs, as the chick you're trying to mack is probably screaming in your ear due to the horrific bass laden hip hop or electronica that's modifying your DNA from the vibration.

7. aphextwin07

aphextwin07 Senior member

kenzo pour homme all week

8. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Finally the cool snap came around this morning, and so I wore Cuiron.

9. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

It depends on the effect you want: Under clothing (i.e., chest) when you don't want to project much, on bare uncovered skin (wrist) when you want it to be noticeable. On clothing when you want to slow the progression down (since body heat tends to make the oils evaporate a bit faster).

10. loveswatching

loveswatching Senior member

11. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

In addition to what others have said, I think it also depends somewhat on who you're wearing the fragrance for. I put my fragrance on the top side of my wrist, just because I like to have easy access to the smell for myself. If it's on your neck, that's obviously harder to do.

I'm wearing Encens et Bubblegum again today. This is quickly becoming one of my favorites. In my last mini-review, I mentioned that there's not really any bubblegum in the scent. I might have been wrong about that, though. There is a smell that one could associate with the stick of gum that used to come in packages of baseball cards. But I'm sure I'd never pick up on that association if Bubblegum weren't in the name.

12. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

If the next time you wear it you tell me it smells like BIG LEAGUE CHEW then I'm in.

13. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Yeah they sent me a sample of just about everything a while back so I figured I'd finally give them a try. I've tried Shall Nur and its a nice incense/vanilla scent if I remember correctly. I've still got some of my sample left. Will report back.
    So, I was right. Wore Shaal Nur today. Kind of a light vanilla/incense vibe. Nice, probably not worth a full buy, maybe a decant for a summer evening. If I was looking for sexy vanilla I'd probably stick with Bvlgari Black.

14. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Senior member

today, a light spritz of GIT. This evening i went to a new fragrance launch at the local Guerlain Boutique.

15. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

BTW - I wanted to put in a good word for LAFCO NY. They just sent me a boat load of Santa Maria Novella samples and threw in extra for free. Same thing they did last time when I ordered Lorenzo Villoresi samples. Excellent service over there.