• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

cairomerta

Reaction score
Today is Clive Christain C which will go well with this rain we are having here in LA!

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jarandas
One question:

Do you prefer scents that stay with you the whole day (the ones that you have to shower to take them off), or the ones that fade away?

I recently bought Santos, by Cartier, and that one remains on my skin like napalm... I prefer the fading ones.

I've never thought "Boy, I wish this fragrance didn't last so long." But there are lots of times I've wished the fragrance would last longer.

I'm wearing New Haarlem today.

Jarandas

Reaction score
Originally Posted by L'Incandescent
I've never thought "Boy, I wish this fragrance didn't last so long." But there are lots of times I've wished the fragrance would last longer.

I'm wearing New Haarlem today.

It´s only happened twice, with Santos and Pour Monsieur, by Chanel.

Know, when I think about it, they smelled pretty similar.

willpower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Creed Aventus. Starting to really like this. Beautiful albeit weak drydown. That Napoleon may have been on to something.

boo

Reaction score
HdP Defile NY today

Originally Posted by Jarandas
One question:

Do you prefer scents that stay with you the whole day (the ones that you have to shower to take them off), or the ones that fade away?

I recently bought Santos, by Cartier, and that one remains on my skin like napalm... I prefer the fading ones.

I only time I've cared about a fragrance lasting too long is with Montale. The issue isn't that it lasts too long, but I guess more that it takes too long to develop. It becomes much sweeter after a while, but it takes like 8 hours.

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Kouros today.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
It's getting warmer again, so I figured I'd go with a warmer-weather standby: New West

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Today: Chanel Egoiste. I think this would make the cut, were I to pare it back to a top 10-or-so.

boo

Reaction score
My name is boo, and I have an overspraying problem. Had a morning client meeting and wanted to keep it subtle. Went with GIT and four sprays, mostly on my shirt/suit. I don't wear it all that often, and it seemed to project a lot more than I remembered. I think because in the past I've usually sprayed to the chest.

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I'm starting to rethink A*Men - wearing it again today and I think it might actually be my cheap alternative to New Haarlem. I wore NH yesterday and it's still the best of class, but A*Men is pretty great too. I think what I most want is a nice warm coffee note that lasts for several hours, and this is doing it so far.

Dane

Reaction score
Originally Posted by boo
My name is boo, and I have an overspraying problem. Had a morning client meeting and wanted to keep it subtle. Went with GIT and four sprays, mostly on my shirt/suit. I don't wear it all that often, and it seemed to project a lot more than I remembered. I think because in the past I've usually sprayed to the chest.

4 sprays is too much...think 2-ish, and avoid spraying on clothes unless whatever you're spraying has serious longevity issues (which should lead you to spray on your forearms instead anyway).

Dane

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Baron
I'm starting to rethink A*Men - wearing it again today and I think it might actually be my cheap alternative to New Haarlem. I wore NH yesterday and it's still the best of class, but A*Men is pretty great too. I think what I most want is a nice warm coffee note that lasts for several hours, and this is doing it so far.

Rochas Man would be the closest match to NH (same perfumer). A*Men Pure Coffee is another option.

...or stick with what you have if you're okay with that.
wink.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads