Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Dmax, Aug 22, 2007.

1. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Guerlain L'Instant. Edt on the left, EdP on the right. They're different, but I still can't say I like either. But they have such good reviews I'll persist and see if I can get something here. Right now it's nothing interesting to my nose.
    Have you tried the intense? I remember smelling it way back and thinking it was a distinct improvement.
    Yesterday: Mure et Musc Today: Elixir des Merveilles
    How do you like these? I've never been much of a fan of either but the Mure has its moments.

2. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Senior member

Have you tried the intense? I remember smelling it way back and thinking it was a distinct improvement.
    Yep, that's the EdP I was referring to. They did smell different, but somehow I didn't really get anything really specific out of either. Just a general smoothly blended mix. Like a perfect harmony of a whole orchestra playing at once instead of a song that develops. Nothing about the regular or the extreme particularly jumped out at me as being that nice.

today, Kouros Fraicheur

3. lbcgav

lbcgav Senior member

4. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

5. willpower

willpower Senior member

6. Big Pun

Big Pun Senior member

Yeah I saw that a long time ago. Alot of retailers have stuff that is only for sale online.

7. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Yep, that's the EdP I was referring to. They did smell different, but somehow I didn't really get anything really specific out of either. Just a general smoothly blended mix. Like a perfect harmony of a whole orchestra playing at once instead of a song that develops. Nothing about the regular or the extreme particularly jumped out at me as being that nice.

today, Kouros Fraicheur

My first time trying L'Instant, I thought it too smooth and polished. It's still very smooth and tightly-wound, but after a while the transitions became more apparent: from green/citrus opening to anise/vetiver, to a slightly chocolately sandalwood.

Today though, Oud 27

8. boo

boo Senior member

Dior Homme Intense today. With temps now in the low 60s, it's cool enough for me to put this back into the weekday rotation.

9. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Senior member

huh, what a coincidence. Today, Dior Homme EdT on the right wrist, Intense (EdP?) on the left...

10. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

huh, what a coincidence. Today, Dior Homme EdT on the right wrist, Intense (EdP?) on the left...
    What do you think? Just a heads up - Sephora Friends & Family starts next week. Should be 20% off fragrances. Works online and instore. Might finally pick up that bottle of AdP Intensa.

11. willpower

willpower Senior member

What do you think?

Just a heads up - Sephora Friends & Family starts next week. Should be 20% off fragrances. Works online and instore.

Might finally pick up that bottle of AdP Intensa.

Nice. Fragrances almost never go on sale

12. kulata

kulata Senior member

13. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

I wrestled mightily this morning. First it was to be Knize Ten. Then Anvers2. Then I thought about the samples of Bleu I've yet to try. Then Tuscany. Then...I reached into the drawer and saw the box for Chergui, and my decision was made.

14. boo

boo Senior member

Saks for Him today.

Speaking of Saks, I hear they're preselling for Friends and Family. I'd go for the Sycomore, but unsurprisingly, Chanel is excluded.

15. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Saks for Him today. Speaking of Saks, I hear they're preselling for Friends and Family. I'd go for the Sycomore, but unsurprisingly, Chanel is excluded.
    They are but the frag % is down to 10% this year. Sucks. Its basically tax free.