Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Dmax, Aug 22, 2007.

1. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

No, not yet. My first ELdO was Secretions Magnifiques, which I absolutely loved, so I was very excited to try the other ones. So far, I've been a little bit disappointed though. On the positive side, Jasmin et Cigarette is very good, and a lot less gimmicky than the others. Encens et Bubblegum is very gimmicky, but also pretty good. I've got a sample of Rossy de Palma Eau de Protection that should be arriving soon and that I'm really looking forward to.
    I tried JetC and was a bit disappointed but it was very hot weather so it might hold up better in the winter. Keep us updated on the trials. This seems to be a line that's very polarizing.
    I can't say for certain, but it's highly likely that, yes, you are the only person in the world who smells that.
    [​IMG] Tried out the new D&G The One Gentleman today. I think this one is going to be popular with the hoi paloi. Its got a sweet kick but still retains a bit of a masculine quality. Sort of a manlier Prada Amber. Probably going to pass on it or maybe hijack a few samples from Sephora once it gets released there.

2. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Today...back in Chanel Antaeus for the colder weather.

3. kulata

kulata Senior member

Cold weather so Rive Gauche is back on rotation!

4. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

It's starting to feel like fall here in STL, so I went with Tom Ford Amber Absolute. Am I the only person in the world who thinks this smells really ambery? (I'm playing it safe this time.)

5. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

It's starting to feel like fall here in STL, so I went with Tom Ford Amber Absolute. Am I the only person in the world who thinks this smells really ambery? (I'm playing it safe this time.)

Noap. I think it's a beautiful spicy buttery amber that lasts until tomorrow, easily.

The sad part about fall is that I have so many fall scents to wear, and so few days to wear them.

6. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Senior member

Today I tested Rochas Man on the left hand and New Harlaam on the right... I don't kno where people get "coffee" from Rochas. To me it smells sort of sweet and creamy, I definitely get something like Body Kouros, maybe it's an anise note? and then at the end a sort of soapy musk. I'll try it again. The New Harlaam is Much nicer, and a lot more like coffee. Any thoughts? The only other one I can think of to try is Angel Pure Coffee but it's unlikely I'll find a sample anywhere... what do y'all think? I'm not much of gourmand fan but could use a few coffee/chocolate scents (yes, I've got Dior Homme and L'Instant covered already) For those interested in Philosykos, here's a 50ml for $45. http://www.basenotes.net/threads/242...rlain-Lempicka

7. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Today I tested Rochas Man on the left hand and New Harlaam on the right... I don't kno where people get "coffee" from Rochas. To me it smells sort of sweet and creamy, I definitely get something like Body Kouros, maybe it's an anise note? and then at the end a sort of soapy musk. I'll try it again. The New Harlaam is Much nicer, and a lot more like coffee. Any thoughts? The only other one I can think of to try is Angel Pure Coffee but it's unlikely I'll find a sample anywhere... what do y'all think? I'm not much of gourmand fan but could use a few coffee/chocolate scents (yes, I've got Dior Homme and L'Instant covered already) For those interested in Philosykos, here's a 45ml for $50. http://www.basenotes.net/threads/242...rlain-Lempicka
    New Harlem wasn't bad but I thought it was a bit cloying. I can't think of another coffee off of the top of my head but if you want chocolate on the cheap then try out Hanae Mori EdP.

8. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Almost forgot. Tried out the new Marc Jacobs Bang again today. The more I try this the more I dislike it. Its supposed to be a "spicy/woody fragrance" but it just comes off as a cheap imitation sandalwoody scent.

9. yodawg

yodawg Senior member

montana parfum d'homme red box - it's spicy and leathery. supposed to be similar to havana without the tobacco. i like it. was really cheap too.

10. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Today, Le Labo Oud 27.

11. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

Noir de Noir today. It's been a while since I last wore this, and I'd forgotten how much I like it. My spontaneous reaction when I sprayed it on this morning was "Holy sh*t, that's great!" (I sometimes think that as I apply Jicky too, but in that case I mean it a little bit more literally.)

12. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Noir de Noir today. It's been a while since I last wore this, and I'd forgotten how much I like it. My spontaneous reaction when I sprayed it on this morning was "Holy sh*t, that's great!" (I sometimes think that as I apply Jicky too, but in that case I mean it a little bit more literally.)
    How's the longevity on you? I found this to be the only TFe that didn't really last all that long. Shame because it was the best smelling.

13. kulata

kulata Senior member

Today I tested Rochas Man on the left hand and New Harlaam on the right...

I don't kno where people get "coffee" from Rochas. To me it smells sort of sweet and creamy, I definitely get something like Body Kouros, maybe it's an anise note? and then at the end a sort of soapy musk. I'll try it again. The New Harlaam is Much nicer, and a lot more like coffee. Any thoughts? The only other one I can think of to try is Angel Pure Coffee but it's unlikely I'll find a sample anywhere... what do y'all think? I'm not much of gourmand fan but could use a few coffee/chocolate scents (yes, I've got Dior Homme and L'Instant covered already)

For those interested in Philosykos, here's a 45ml for $50.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/242...rlain-Lempicka

Try Comptoir Sud Pacifique's Vanille Mokha. Its good and cheap just too cloying for me (same with the ones you tested above)

14. Baron

Baron Senior member Dubiously Honored

Terre d'Hermes. Yesterday I wore Chanel PM. It was 113 in LA yesterday - the highest temp ever recorded in downtown. Today I read that the thermometer actually broke at 113 so they're not sure how hot it was, but it was completely surreal. Bone dry, still and outrageously hot. It felt a lot like Palm Springs in August. If someone told me it was 120 I would have believed it.

The fragrance I wore yesterday evaporated away by lunch time (even though I spent very little time outdoors.) It's supposed to be hot again today though it's only around 90 now.

15. Dean Keaton

Dean Keaton Well-Known Member

Creed Vetiver. My favorite fragrance - timeless and elegant, its crisp and fresh but not fruity. Perfect balance for me. I absolutely recommend it.

Ps. All the GF's loved it as well [​IMG]