Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Dmax, Aug 22, 2007.

1. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Senior member

I've smelled a few of the Amouages. They're like the Kilian's in that they're complex, dense, and generally don't smell cheap in any way. Are they worth it? well the only one that I smelled and immedietely liked was Jubilation 25 for men. I've got a sample I should use (I'm afraid I'm going to like it and want a bottle). I hear people like Lyric (quite floral) and that's all I remember. At least the TF bottles are available online for half the retail, whereas the Malle's, Amouage's, Kilian's, etc aren't.

As for the Ungaro II, I haven't even worn it yet. Just sniffed it on paper, read the reviews saying it was a masterpiece, and figured, WTH it's worth the risk. But Jicky was the first thing that came to mind. I'll wear it sometime this week and give you an update.

2. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Oh... and I ordered a decant of the newest Serge Lutens: Boxeuses. Apparently it's a plummy woody leather.
    Did you get it from TPC or Lucky Scent? Post up a review when it arrives plz.

3. cairomerta

cairomerta Senior member

happy to say I just acquired a bottle of Ungaro II (NIB 75ml $30!). At first sniff reminds me of Jicky. Lavender, Civet, and Vanilla.

Thinking of you Rach!

today - sample of Amouage Dia for Men. Nothing I'm impressed with.

I love Ungaro. Its amazing they made such complex scents back them compared to what department store scents are not.

4. willpower

willpower Senior member

Sporting some Rive Gauche. Top notes are a bit strong but the base is really great.

5. cairomerta

cairomerta Senior member

Today I am wearing Tom Ford Moss Breches... why the hell did they discontinue this!!

6. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

Today I am wearing Tom Ford Moss Breches... why the hell did they discontinue this!!

I love this one too! Moss Breches and Purple Patchouli were the best of the whole Private Blend line IMO, and they discontinued both. I'm now trying to acquire as much as I can of both without going broke.

I'm wearing Secretions Magnifiques today.

7. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Did you get it from TPC or Lucky Scent? Post up a review when it arrives plz.

Neither, it's part of a bottle split on another board. Awfully expensive but at least I'm not dropping major cash for something I may hate. Will review once it comes in.

8. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

This morning the grey in my hair became more noticeable, so I went with Habit Rouge.

9. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Hermes un Jardin en Mediterrenne. Not bad. Heavy on the plum opening but the dry down wasn't all that spectacular. Sort of a plum tree smell.

10. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Today, a damp, gloomy day thus far but the sun is peeking out from behind the clouds. L'Instant pour Homme for me.

11. boo

boo Senior member

12. cairomerta

cairomerta Senior member

Today is Amouage Jubilation XXV... elegant stuff

13. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Senior member

Today GIT. First time fully wearing this actually. Not the best longevity. I'll try again soon (well, I do have a bottle to get through).